Skip Turn

Since this is a turn-based strategic game. I believe will be really usefull a "Skip turn" Button. Becoz sometimes we dont want atack with a specific character, but the game make us atack. Example: My NS squad is against a another squad with Thrawn (last survivor). I have only Daka at low health (survive 1 atack only) and zumbi (under Fracture effect). Its Daka Turn and Chant of Resurrection is at 1 turn to re-use. If i atack Thrawn, he will counter-atack me and in his turn, he will kill Daka. If had a Skip turn Button, i skip Daka Turn, Thrawn atack Daka (that will survive) and in next Daka Turn, i use Chant Resurrection. So i really suggest, include, a Skip Turn Button.

Replies

• Stenun
    851 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    There is a term in Chess called "zugzwang".
    It means when a player is in a position such that whatever move they make, it will hurt them. As in this game, you can't "pass" or "skip" your turn in Chess and sometimes it happens that your turn hurts you. Such is the nature of the beast.

I don't see why this game needs to be different.

Edit:: Why the HECK has the Chess term been censored?? What the actual ... ?
    Edit 2: Now it's not censored?? What the ... ?
    Edit 3: Now it's censored again for me. This is just weird.
    Post edited by crzydroid on
  • Options
    I've often wished I could skip a turn in Sith Raids instead of attacking Nihilus with a debuffed toon, but them's the rules. Being forced to make a move even if it hurts you adds another strategic element to the game.
  • Options
    Now I really want to know what the chess term is, but I'm not sure how to Google for that...
  • Options
    Now I really want to know what the chess term is, but I'm not sure how to Google for that...

It's German for "compulsion to move". If you google the three words in inverted commas, the first result is what you are looking for. I really don't know what the problem with the word is.
  • Options
    Stenun wrote: »

It's German for "compulsion to move". If you google the three words in inverted commas, the first result is what you are looking for. I really don't know what the problem with the word is.

It's the last four letters. Slang term for a man's privates.
  • Options
    There is a term in Chess called "****".
    It means when a player is in a position such that whatever move they make, it will hurt them. As in this game, you can't "pass" or "skip" your turn in Chess and sometimes it happens that your turn hurts you. Such is the nature of the beast.

I don't see why this game needs to be different.

Edit:: Why the HECK has the Chess term been censored?? What the actual ... ?
    Edit 2: Now it's not censored?? What the ... ?
    Edit 3: Now it's censored again for me. This is just weird.

Wa/\/g is probably censored.

The word is zugzwa/\/g
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

The last 4 letters spell a word that is censored.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    This ability would absolutely change this game, and while change is not bad, it only hurts the already bad AI.

Being forced to take a bad move is the defensive strategy in some cases, trying to avoid those scenarios is part of the player strategy. That is how the game is played.
  • Darth_DeVito
    1233 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    They censor Zugzwang, but auto-assign the name Schwanzkranz Blanck to players? It sounds really weird and obscene in German. Makes me cringe every time I see it.
    Post edited by crzydroid on
  • Darth_DeVito
    1233 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Ah, it's because of the last four letters. "Zugzwan g" should work, but you can't use a word that contains this common Chinese family name with its rather unfortunate colloquial English connotation. Which makes Schwanzkranz all the more ironic.

ETA: I really need to make it a habit to refresh the thread and read the latest replies before posting.
  • Options
    I had no idea that was a slang term for anything.
    It's quite a common surname in the world, you know! *lol*

According to wikipedia, there're towns in Austria and Germany with that name. And a township in Minnesota!
  • Options
    this thread got weird in a good way. I also appreciate learning something new about chess.
  • blackTiger3719
    25 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    :D
  • Options
    Nomequis wrote: »
    Since this is a turn-based strategic game. I believe will be really usefull a "Skip turn" Button. Becoz sometimes we dont want atack with a specific character, but the game make us atack. Example: My NS squad is against a another squad with Thrawn (last survivor). I have only Daka at low health (survive 1 atack only) and zumbi (under Fracture effect). Its Daka Turn and Chant of Resurrection is at 1 turn to re-use. If i atack Thrawn, he will counter-atack me and in his turn, he will kill Daka. If had a Skip turn Button, i skip Daka Turn, Thrawn atack Daka (that will survive) and in next Daka Turn, i use Chant Resurrection. So i really suggest, include, a Skip Turn Button.

You do realize Daka can stun right? Lol
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options

Stun is broken.... you stun a toon you take a turn then the toon comes out of stun with 100TM (no one casting anything on him...no uniques no nothing....Stun just broken
  • Options
    Dk_rek wrote: »

Stun is broken.... you stun a toon you take a turn then the toon comes out of stun with 100TM (no one casting anything on him...no uniques no nothing....Stun just broken

Nope, stun works just fine
  • Options

I use this Just as a exemple, have many situations that i dont want atack with some toon.
    Exemple 2: Using Wiggs team and one of my toon is at low health, and one of enemy is Using provocation and has low health. My low health toon is The Second to atack, If i atack with The First toon i will kill The enemy, and The low health toon, dont Will gain life.
  • Options
    This seems like a small suggestion, but it would break the game.

It got not traction back when it was first suggested (few months after launch). It will get none now. Sorry.
  • Options
    Easybee wrote: »
    This seems like a small suggestion, but it would break the game.

It got not traction back when it was first suggested (few months after launch). It will get none now. Sorry.
    Broke why?
  • Options
    Someone may have spent money on enfys nest.

This would make them sad.
  • Options
    Its easy to implement that
  • Options
    Shaunyvee wrote: »
    Someone may have spent money on enfys nest.

This would make them sad.

Sometimes things like this happen, they rework zombie becoz the Paper zombie strategy, they will rework Finn's zeta becoz C3PO....
  • Options
    Off the top of my head ...

Sith Triumvirate Raid Nihilus ... Lord Of Hunger ... whenever an enemy damages Nihilus with a Basic attack, he inflicts Defence Down on them for 1 turn. If they already have Defence Down, they lose 25% Protection and Nihilus gains that much Protection.
    "Oh well, I'll just pass then."
    Suddenly Nihilus loses a lot of his sting.

AAT Raid Grievous ... Tactical Manoeuvring ... [e]very tenth time Grievous takes, Grievous and another random ally gain 100% turn meter and reset their cooldowns.
    Suddenly Grievous loses a lot of his sting.

Darth Sion ... Lord Of Pain ... At the end of each turn, Sion inflicts Pain for 3 turns on enemies who damaged him this turn.
    Suddenly Sion loses a lot of his sting.

etc.
    There are too many effects on this game that are intended to punish you for attacking. Being able to pass would render them all useless.
  • Options

Sith Triumvirate Raid Nihilus ... Lord Of Hunger ... whenever an enemy damages Nihilus with a Basic attack, he inflicts Defence Down on them for 1 turn. If they already have Defence Down, they lose 25% Protection and Nihilus gains that much Protection.

AAT Raid Grievous ... Tactical Manoeuvring ... [e]very tenth time Grievous takes, Grievous and another random ally gain 100% turn meter and reset their cooldowns.

Darth Sion ... Lord Of Pain ... At the end of each turn, Sion inflicts Pain for 3 turns on enemies who damaged him this turn.

etc.
    There are too many effects on this game that are intended to punish you for attacking. Being able to pass would render them all useless.

Got It!
  • Options
    I think this as a arena strategy, but this really make things goes wrong way.
  • Options

etc.

Got It! But still have ways to prevent that. Global cooldown, start on cooldown and etc... But you made it clear.