Help with GA team planning

gmeista
11 posts Member
edited January 2019
Hey would I be able to get some help with optimizing or making a good starting point for my GA defense and offense. I am not always sure what the best combo is for 3’s but here is my starting point and if you see any glaring mistakes thanks for pointing them out!
It would be great if you can recommend which ones to be on defense and what on offense. Based on GP I need to set 8 teams.

Also here is the link to my profile for added reference.
https://swgoh.gg/p/667349943/characters/

Here are all the teams:
Offense
• Treya, Nihilus, Sion
• Rey, BB8, R2
• Bast, GMY, Exra
• Qi’ra, HODA, Nest
• Assaj, Talia, Old Ben
• Tarkin, Tie Pilot, Probe Droid
• Wedge, Biggs, GK
• Finn, Resistence trooper, Scav Rey
• Veers, Snow, Starck
• Rex, Baze, Churrit
• Phasma, FOO, FO executioner
Defense
• Bossk, Boba, Dengar
• Talzin, Daka, Zombie
• CLS, Han, Chewie
• Palp, Vader, DS bastilla
• Thrawn, Shore, DT
• Hera, Chopper, Kanan
• Embo, IG88, Cad bane
• KRU, Unmasked Kylo, FO tie pilot

Appreciate all the help!

Replies

• VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    I have not won a 3v3 yet but I get 2nd bracket. But with that disclaimer:

I would use probe droid on a trash team and put someone else with Tarkin. Probe Droid has one purpose.

I think Zeb should replace Chopper.

Also your Embo team needs a tank. Unless he has his zeta he is squishy even with foresight. IG88 dies when someone looks at him wrong. I personally use Embo Cad and Royal Guard. Has won 4 battles on D before, but my Embo has his crit zeta.

And Qira and Bastilla teams belong on D, and CLS and EP belong on O. Just my personal opinion.
  • Options
    First Order is great on defense but FOE should be with KRU and Kylo and FOP should be with Phasma.

Phasma lead is offense KRU lead is defense
  • Options
    i havent lost a 3v3 grand arena yet came close this time
    but it all really depends on guessing what your opponent is gonna save for def and save for offense
    now you have almost 300k more gp than i do so im not sure what team comps you normally fight but heres a rule of thumb ive found that works really well
    if they dont have traya save for defense its very unlikely they will get past it. if they have traya save for offense
    same goes for revan alot of teams you have for offense would do way better on defense and vice versa
    for example the qi'ra team you can take nest out and solo any B to top teir( depending on mods) with her by her self so save for offense imo and use qi'ra with l3 and zvandoor chewie if you dont have those two zaalbar and mission or even the vets are just as good with her
    thats just an example for you to make your own team comps on what you want
    to do in the future but here are my suggestions

for defense
    traya,dn,sion if they dont have put on defense if they have offense
    cls,han,chewie i would say offense but up to you they do great in both
    qi'ra teams always defense imo
    kylo um,og kylo, fo tp is perfect
    bossk,boba,dengar defense
    gk,hoda plus one of these guys oldben,ezra,jolee,barris would make a great defense team
    asajj,daka,zombie great defense team cause of the stuns and heal very hard to kill imo
    hera, kanan,chopper choppers heals are really good for it
    then use cheif chirpa,ewok elder and wicket for your last team to save a offense team

for offense
    palp,vader,emo bas
    thrawn,death trooper, tfp
    general veers, colonel starck, show trooper
    jtr,bb8,r2d2
    phasma, fox,foo great team btw
    wedge,biggs,princess leia/old ben if you're nervous
    finn,resistance trooper,poe or scave rey
    jyn,churrit,baze
    embo,ig88,cad
    bast,yoda, oldben,jolee/erza
    and last nest great for soloing

something i like to do is save one of my back spaces( the one behind traya) and put teams of toons that wouldent do anything on offense like lvl 1s but thats me i havent been burned by it yet but i probably will soon good luck in future grand arenas tho man
  • Options
    also ps sorry for making it so long
  • Options
    Thanks everyone for the comments. I have changed my teams up a ton based on the advice, exactly what I was looking for.