Cannot submit new EA support ticket

It wont proceed beyond offering me a "preview". There's no submit button just endless preview.
Anyone else have this problem?

Replies

• Options
    Yep. It’s been around since they launched the site. I can’t get it to work on my iPhone or my mackbook. It works on my friends PC. [Insert K2SO joke about EA hating Apple customers]
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Options
    Same here i phone. When I get robbed on a crystal refresh its a loss can’t submit.
  • Options
    I came here a few months ago when I had this problem, instead my post was removed and I was told to submit a ticket at EA support... which didn’t work, which is why I posted here in the beginning. Run arounds are fun...
    You can probably assume the majority of what I post is sarcasm, feel free to skip and move along rather than reading...
  • Options
    Same. Android.
  • Options
    Can you clarify the issue exactly so we can look into it? You are doing it from "in app" right? And at what step do you get preview (ie can you click "contact us" etc.?) A screenshot of where you're stuck would be helpful.

Have you tried from a PC? (Macbook person, please let me know what browser you're using)

I'll send all those details over, but in the meantime you SHOULD be able to report from a PC. If not, let us know.
    -C
    Senior Producer, Galaxy of Heroes
  • Options
    @CG_Carrie I was doing it from a PC (win10, Firefox) when I was getting this problem unfortunately. I eventually managed to submit a ticket but through the app (ipad) ironically... Actually I've just tried to do it again on PC and am still getting the same issue. Stuck on preview. I'll DM you a screenshot now.

Also on a semi-related note I am now crashing 100% of the time when trying to close in-game chat DM "rooms", yielding error code 9 on my iPad, latest iOS. Annoying as I am guild leader and use DMs quite a lot...
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    CG_Carrie wrote: »
    Can you clarify the issue exactly so we can look into it? You are doing it from "in app" right? And at what step do you get preview (ie can you click "contact us" etc.?) A screenshot of where you're stuck would be helpful.

Have you tried from a PC? (Macbook person, please let me know what browser you're using)

I'll send all those details over, but in the meantime you SHOULD be able to report from a PC. If not, let us know.
    -C

It happens after you completely fill out all information. Then you click preview at bottom to review in final format but at the bottom instead of submit it says preview again and loops. I lost crystals a couple times refreshing from the pop up window(I never do this anymore).
  • Options

-C

I’ve tried using both Chrome and Safari on both MacBook and iPhone.

I promise I’m not intending to sound rude, but it’s a little concerning that it seems as if you are unaware of this issue that has existed for what, 18 months or something? Your moderators are aware of it, as they are the ones who have recommended using a PC when people complain about not being able to post at ea answers when threads get locked here for being about bug reports. How has this not gotten forwarded up?
  • Antti
    8 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    I managed to get around that issue by attaching a screenshot to my bug report, even when one wasn't needed. As well as adding line of text to the 'additional details'.
    It seems that those are actually mandatory fields to fill, even when they're not always needed.
    So try adding an attachment and additional details and see if the submit button appears.
  • AZgo
    11 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Will sound silly but have you actually add the subject, too? (Click or tap to edit subject)
    It's above the top line where all the fields are coming below it.
    If you filled anything in all the fields, subject, dropdowns the Submit appears.
  • Options
    3pourr2 wrote: »
    Same here i phone. When I get robbed on a crystal refresh its a loss can’t submit.

Lost three node refreshes in a row, they never compensated me as they agreed to.
  • Options
    AZgo wrote: »
    Will sound silly but have you actually add the subject, too? (Click or tap to edit subject)
    It's above the top line where all the fields are coming below it.
    If you filled anything in all the fields, subject, dropdowns the Submit appears.

The submit button is missing from both the first form-filling page and the subsequent review page. You cannot proceed beyond the initial page without a subject so that isn't the problem here.
  • Options
    3pourr2 wrote: »

-C

It happens after you completely fill out all information. Then you click preview at bottom to review in final format but at the bottom instead of submit it says preview again and loops. I lost crystals a couple times refreshing from the pop up window(I never do this anymore).

I experience this every time I try to submit a report as well. Finally gave up and just hope other people experience and submit the same issues I do...
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

-C

I’ve tried using both Chrome and Safari on both MacBook and iPhone.

I promise I’m not intending to sound rude, but it’s a little concerning that it seems as if you are unaware of this issue that has existed for what, 18 months or something? Your moderators are aware of it, as they are the ones who have recommended using a PC when people complain about not being able to post at ea answers when threads get locked here for being about bug reports. How has this not gotten forwarded up?

There are several layers here. There is an "issue" that is more of a user error around the fact that you need to fill in all the boxes to get the submit button to appear, this is not really an issue, just a misunderstanding of the format of the form.

There is a random issue that we have been told (by other players) that seems to be linked to safari and having issues when submitting a ticket.

There is also some confusion here, as Answers HQ has the above issues I am discussing and I have not seen these reports for EA Help (the in game help button and a different site). We need to all be on the same page about what we are discussing here.
  • Options
    @Kyno I don't believe many people (or possibly anyone) here is experiencing the "user error" of not filling in all the forms and it is certainly not exclusive to Safari (a browser I don't even have). As above, I tried this on Firefox, and also Waterfox, and got it with both. Also, as I explained above, this problem exists on the review ticket page as well: you can only get to this page after you have completed all the fields and clicked preview. I sent CG_Carrie the screenshot of this.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Kyno I don't believe many people (or possibly anyone) here is experiencing the "user error" of not filling in all the forms and it is certainly not exclusive to Safari (a browser I don't even have). As above, I tried this on Firefox, and also Waterfox, and got it with both. Also, as I explained above, this problem exists on the review ticket page as well: you can only get to this page after you have completed all the fields and clicked preview. I sent CG_Carrie the screenshot of this.

If you are in Answers HQ and you are "done" filling out the ticket, but only have the preview button, this is what I was referring to as a "user error". If you fill in all the fields, including the ones not marked with a * and the bottom box with a few words the submission button should appear. If it doesnt it is likely something is not filled in correctly and if you scroll to the top it will sometimes tell you what is missing.

If you hit preview and then cant get the submit button to appear even if you go back and fill in all the fields later, then that is a separate issue.

EA Help, has no submit button, and the screen layout is different with no option for preview:
    iduz9tcpppij.jpg

Are you sure you have seen this issue at EA Help?
  • Options
    "If you hit preview and then cant get the submit button to appear even if you go back and fill in all the fields later, then that is a separate issue."

As mentioned multiple times, all fields are filled in and you can only proceed to the preview stage if these are all filled in correctly so it is not a case of the fields not being filled in. No submit button appears even at the preview stage where it provides an uneditable presentation of the fields you filled in in the previous section. The only options are preview (which does nothing) and cancel.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    "If you hit preview and then cant get the submit button to appear even if you go back and fill in all the fields later, then that is a separate issue."

As mentioned multiple times, all fields are filled in and you can only proceed to the preview stage if these are all filled in correctly so it is not a case of the fields not being filled in. No submit button appears even at the preview stage where it provides an uneditable presentation of the fields you filled in in the previous section. The only options are preview (which does nothing) and cancel.

You are also stating this is an issue at EA Help, is that correct? There is no preview button there.

I only reiterated my point about all fields being filled I'm because I have worked with several people who thought they had everything filled in and didnt. I also believe in one of those cases that the player said that after hitting preview they had to close and reopen the site to fill in all the fields and get the submit button.
  • Options
    This is where the Bug Report forum link takes you and where the problem is: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/star-wars-galaxy-of-heroes-bug-report-en
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Ok, that would be Answers HQ
    1f6hysr0ide3.jpg
    Thank you for the clarification.

Would you mind posting your screenshots or sending them to me also. I would like to as aware of the issue as I can be.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Did you happen to paste your text into the final box of the report page?
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »

tz9vlmkl6by1.jpeg

This is also new you cant see whats in the box while your typing.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Options
    Leave a blind comment
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Oh and thanks for sinking it thats sioi helpful. Dont want too many hits on this topic huh @CG_Carrie @CG_SBCrumb why?
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »

Since you chose to sink this topic guess you will never get proper feedback and I really feel like you were baiting to close this thread and when you couldn’t you sunk it 😉 suppose I could SUBMIT it at ea answers huh
    Post edited by 3pourr2 on