TW leaderboards reset not really fair to smaller guilds

Russdpipes
192 posts Member
edited February 2019

I've known the TW leaderboards for GP defeated resets periodically for sometime now, but I feel that by resetting it, it is unfair to the smaller, more successful guilds that have a higher win ratio. the board seems to reset after a few TWs, and only favors the guilds with the highest GPS, who get matched against other guilds with higher GPS, and it leaves no place for the smaller guilds to get recognition even when they win on a constant basis.

our guild hasnt lost a TW yet, I think we are at 56 wins now, I lost count a after the 50 win achievement was claimed, have no clue as to the total gp we have defeated since TW began, but it would probably rank high on the leader board if it didnt reset, and that would be pretty good for a 125 million gp guild.

Not trying to whine or complain, it's not a big deal, but I would be nice to see how we stand if there was an all time leader board also.
what do you guys think? shouldnt we have an all time leaderboard? it makes more sense to me anyway than expunging the records every few weeks.

Replies

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    one could easily argue that TW's at top GP level are alot harder to win than TWs in the lower GP brackets. Looking at it that way would make the leaderboard more fair.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • I'm sure a win/loss ratio indicator for guilds would be well-received, but winning 50 TWs in the 120m range is very different from winning 50 in the 180m range.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • I understand what you guys are saying, but it's not really much harder at the higher tiers, because in the end you are being matched with your relative peers. I know strategy changes some, but in the end you are still facing guilds that are similar in size with similar sized rosters.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Russdpipes wrote: »
    I understand what you guys are saying, but it's not really much harder at the higher tiers, because in the end you are being matched with your relative peers. I know strategy changes some, but in the end you are still facing guilds that are similar in size with similar sized rosters.

There are going to be a lot more casual guilds that don’t focus on good characters/teams or otherwise take TW strategy seriously at lower GP levels.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    I think it's safe to assume that the majority of guilds with the best win/loss ratios are relatively low GP, but the majority of the best players in terms of "skill" (so not roster strenght) are in relatively high GP guilds. On top of that i think it's also safe to assume that relatively high GP guilds are generally better organized.
    I'm not just saying that because i'm in a high GP guild, we don't have that great of a win/loss ratio compared to other guilds in our GP range.
    That being said, i'm not sure whether or not the current leaderboard is an accurate representation of guilds their skill level. I'm sure some guilds would have been way higher on the ranking and other guilds way lower if we all had the same GP.
  • Vertigo
    4496 posts Member
    The leaderboard should just have brackets the same way the rewards brackets are set up for TW. That way it could show the best TW guilds in each bracket. That being said, I don't really think the TW leaderboard means all that much, I care more about each individual war and the rewards than just seeing a number of GP defeated every once in a while.

• Vertigo wrote: »
    I don't really think the TW leaderboard means all that much.

Almost correct. It means diddly squat. Meaningless GPeen waggling, nothing else.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Vertigo wrote: »

Almost correct. It means diddly squat. Meaningless GPeen waggling, nothing else.

it's kinda fun to for the top200 guilds who are on it eventhough it's totally meaningless. If you're 1 rank above your shardmate or other ingame acquaintances for example, so you send him a screnshot and call his guild a bunch of noobs =D
  • Each to their own, I guess!
  • leef wrote: »
    Vertigo wrote: »

it's kinda fun to for the top200 guilds who are on it eventhough it's totally meaningless. If you're 1 rank above your shardmate or other ingame acquaintances for example, so you send him a screnshot and call his guild a bunch of noobs =D

It's also invigorating to make it on to the leaderboard. We just pipped on there after this TW and it's great feeling like a big boy.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • MKIceman
    88 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    +1 I would like a win/loss ratio leaderboard. Since we know matchmaking matches sign ups of relatively equivalent strengths, GP becomes a meaningless indicator of how difficult that win was, which means a 250 mil GP win could be just as significant as a 40 mil GP win.

As part of the win/loss leaderboard, I would like the ability to then see the GP of those guilds, and maybe the tally of GP defeated over time, but as info not determination of rank (or some secondary factor in an algorithm to determine rank at the very least)

Or just have different leaderboards for the different stats, one for GP, one for win/loss
  • ThePsyko
    4 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    Alternatively it could just be a tally of all defensive squads defeated instead of counting entire guilds' gp
    edit:and maybe include the gp of squads that failed to clear a defense