Looking for another heavy DPS

I'm starting to realize Lumi, or any other healer really, isn't really that necessary in the top 100 as long as you have someone to soak damage so your dps characters can destroy the entire other team... I am currently farming Rey and I'm looking for another heavy damaging character. I've looked at other forums and see that everyone says GS or 86 is who everyone needs on their team. But me personally, I think GS is lame and everyone uses him so I don't want to use him... So who else is there to pick up? Biggs or FOTP (hard to farm) or like who else is there? I currently use QGJ, Anakin, Poe, Sid/Dooku, and Lumi. I'm going to switch Rey in for wither Lumi/Sid/Dooku but who do I need for top 50?!

Replies

• Baggodi
    404 posts Member
    Options
    Rebel pilot is an easy build, but he's also a bit squishy.
  • Options
    So far I see no reason to use annikan. GS simply is top tier right now. And you should consider using him if you wana get in the top arena ranks. And yeah, on an offensive team lumi isn't that much needed. Rey and FOTP both seem good as dps.
  • Options
    Anakin is on dope in this game
  • Options
    When I read the tile the first word comes into my mind is GS. Even if you don't like him,I will still suggest GS. If you wish to be top 10 or even higher in Arena, it is good to use him. 86 and FOTP are too slow,**** is not even a DPS. Rey is Top tier but she need months to reach 7*. I am running GS and finish TOP 5(sometimes 1st) in Arena. In top 50, I am refreshing over and over again to find a team without GS, and then Attack him, and win, and it goes on. There is one team in my server without GS and I cannot beat, he has QGJ/Rey/Douku/Yoda/RG,all max
  • Options
    Your right, healers are not needed at all. I use to run a healer on my team and constantly finished in the top 30ith range. Once I choose to replace the healer with more dps I am constantly finishing in the top 5-10 range. As for who to farm, there are a lot of good dps characters out there IG, GS, Kylo and RP come to mind that are easy to farm. I too am not a fan of GS and if you check out the level 90 stats you will see that when the cap raises his value will lower, I play for the end game so GS is not an option for me. Of the other 3, I would recommend adding 2 of those and dropping Q. Yes Q can attack a lot but his damage is minimal and without more Jedi in your team his leader skill is not helping your team out at all. On your team you currently only have 1 dps character (Anakin) I would strongly recommend at least 3. Poe will not survive past the first round so you need to kill as many as you can in that time frame. RP is a beast and will continue do be so, same with IG, Kylo is a lot like Anakin and unless you want to go AoE I would not recommend him on your squad.
  • Options
    TBH you can build whatever team you like, but if you wish to be the first in Arena,go for GS. He is arguably the Best Dps in the game,even when the level cap is raised to 90. Anakin and Kylo do not even come close.
  • Doga
    808 posts Member
    Options
    I am a top team, and agree often time a healer is not needed; the battle is over or decided by round 2. I think on average my toons go 2 to 3 times. I still use Lumi, I don't know who I'd replace her with because I depend on force blast as her opening move and she does about as much damage as GS on his standard attack. Maybe not a big of a hit as an 80 series droid by much more than any other Jedi, and many other toons. By her next attack the damage output is not as significant.
  • Options
    TommyFresh wrote: »
    I've looked at other forums and see that everyone says GS or 86 is who everyone needs on their team. But me personally, I think GS is lame and everyone uses him so I don't want to use him...
    Unfortunately your choices will be: used by everyone, hard to farm or not that good. Your best option is to pick between the first two if you want to improve your rank.

• Options
    I use RP in my arena team and i think he (she?) Is great.

The downside is the gear needed (lots and lots of purple).
  • ASD_Dad
    210 posts Member
    Options
    I use RP and like her but she is a little squishy and AI has been going after her first. She'll be 6* today and she's already geared up so hopefully that helps.
  • Options
    I use RP in my arena team and i think he (she?) Is great.

The downside is the gear needed (lots and lots of purple).

RP looks like a skinny dude to me.. Lol
  • Options
    Anyone geared up Hoth Rebel Scout? I hear he might have potential.
  • Options
    if you don't like GS, I suggest you to get ig86. ig88 is too squish
  • Phipps
    1107 posts Member
    Options
    Hrs is awesome
  • Suppahotfire
    218 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Well FOTP would slay if u have phasma. I hear greedo is pretty good too
  • Options
    I came to realize that Yoda is actually a very high DPS character. Not for the D, but the S. (pun probably not intended B) )
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Options
    Still a noob but I have done well with two tanks (right now Chewy and Royal Guard), Daka, IG86, GS.

Lacking on the damage a bit, but lots of stunning going on, and I have a heal if needed. I am new to the game though and haven't got past 500 yet.
  • Doga
    808 posts Member
    Options
    gertpacu wrote: »
    Still a noob but I have done well with two tanks (right now Chewy and Royal Guard), Daka, IG86, GS.

Lacking on the damage a bit, but lots of stunning going on, and I have a heal if needed. I am new to the game though and haven't got past 500 yet.

500 is pretty good if you are still new.
  • Options
    gertpacu wrote: »

Be prepared to drop Furry Monkey. As the server matures, he quickly devaluates from "very annoying" to "very useless".
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride