GG, reworks, B1&lack of room for ALT droids ?

Hello fellow droid enthusiasts:

I have a few items I’d like to discuss about what this epic Road Ahead means...

1. B1 and his zombie like revives

With these revives, this would totally negate having L3 in this droid lineup with her droid zeta?

(For clarity, does her zeta work only one time or one time for each droid — that they get health equalization ? )

(The zeta wording: “Add The first time each other Droid ally is reduced to 1% Health, they equalize Health with L3-37”)

2. T3– I was hoping his defense penetration and droid synergies would be used somewhere... but it looks like GG will have a full lineup (and perhaps Separatist synergies)... so thoughts on where T3’s best placement would be if not with GG?

3. GG rework — with the prior reworks, did they change MOD placements? If not, how is everyone MODing GG ?

Replies

• Options
    1. Not necessarily. We don't know the specifics, but it seems B1 will only revive themselves. If anything, it could make B1 even more annoying to deal with, if it's done in a similar fashion to Zombie (almost kill it to remove the locked buff but then it gets full health again).
    2. T3 will most likely be used with the HK Rework.
    3. Speed is incredibly useful for current Grievous, as he's one of the slowest characters. Additionally health is a high priority for him too. The game's recommended set is Critical Damage/Health so that's the one I'm running. We'll have to see what the best new set will be for him once his rework comes out but I reckon it should still be the same.
    #MakeTuskensGreat
    tenor.gif
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    There are really too many open questions to have a good conversation about this. We dont know enough about the potential 3/5 of the team.

The one thing that would seem to be is that yes L3 zeta does seem to have no synergy with B1, but that doesnt remove her from the lineup unless droideka is a taunting tank. Droids have always been squishy and you need someone to take the fire.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    Possible Magna can be reworked to have a taunt too, or be a building threat type tank (e.g. Sion but without a taunt). His kit is already kinda like that, but it needs a few improvements.
  • Options
    I would say it's an assumption that B1 will have endless revives.

I don't think he will. He will likely be an attacker as b2 and ig100 are already tanks. The endless ranks behind him will be something to do with offense IMO.

Oh and IG100 will be the one who makes l3 not necessary. I bet money he's getting a taunt.

Droideka will be a support if I had to guess.
  • Options
    Woodroward wrote: »
    I would say it's an assumption that B1 will have endless revives.

I don't think he will. He will likely be an attacker as b2 and ig100 are already tanks. The endless ranks behind him will be something to do with offense IMO.

Oh and IG100 will be the one who makes l3 not necessary. I bet money he's getting a taunt.

Droideka will be a support if I had to guess.

Good insight as his endless revives was not directly stated:

“This includes a Marquee for the B1 Battle Droid, who will appear as a single unit on the battlefield, but whose abilities reflect the pervasiveness of the seemingly un-ending units behind it.”

It’s hard to see the “un-ending units behind it” as not having a “squad” of 5or so B1s to have to kill, like the imperial troopers TW bonus. But, yes, it could mean anything

But I don’t think endless ranks is for tanks only... where if you’ve got 2 tanks to take out and then an attacker with some stacks to eliminate— it would become very daunting— very much like the CW sequences of just lines and lines of droids
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    I dont see this as an unending cycle like zombie, which is why the use of "seemingly" is thrown in there, but a "new" way to reflect that.

I was seeing this coming across more like the imperial trooper buff we saw recently. Stacks, but not endless.
  • ReworkGriev0us
    213 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    I think B1 will have a new kind of revive. Heres my idea, feel free to share your own for his revive.
    It would be a Unique ability that would make a copy of B1 spawn whenever a droid ally is defeated (not reduced to 1% health). This wouldn't work on B1, and if only B1s were left, maybe an instawin for the other team.
  • Options
    I think B1 will have a new kind of revive. Heres my idea, feel free to share your own for his revive.
    It would be a Unique ability that would make a copy of B1 spawn whenever a droid ally is defeated (not reduced to 1% health). This wouldn't work on B1, and if only B1s were left, maybe an instawin for the other team.

The B1 spawning would be new and pretty cool. Visually that would encompass the pervasiveness of the droids — and would breakup the monotony of just reviving. Spawing and replacing— nice idea.

I agree it would not be unlimited like zombie — but the ranks would be more like the endless ranks (where each ability upgrade gets you an additional ranks—up to 5)