Jedi Dooku Kit Idea

ReworkGriev0us
213 posts Member
edited February 2019
Jedi Dooku
Light Side, Jedi, Galactic Republic, Attacker
Dooku was a Jedi who turned to the dark side after episode one, so this kit would be similar to his in-game kit, but it would focus on buffs instead of debuffs.

Basic- Faultless Press:
Deal physical damage to target enemy with a 50% to attack again. These attacks have a 30% chance to give the strongest ally offense up for 1 turn and reduce their cooldowns by 1if they are a Jedi.

Special 1- Finishing Blow:
Deal physical damage to the target enemy and Dooku gains critical damage up for 2 turns. Jedi Dooku deals +35% more damage for each buff he had before attacking.
Cooldown: 4

Special 2- Strike and Follow: Jedi Dooku deals physical damage to target enemy and Dooku and 2 random Jedi allies gain stealth and protection steal up(50%) for 1 turn. He then calls them to assist. Dooku and the allies gain stealth and protection steal up(50%) for 1 turn. If tanks were called to assist, they gain taunt for 1 turn instead of stealth. Cooldown: 4

Protection Steal Up: This character recovers protection equal to 50% of the damage they deal.

Leader- Duelist: Jedi allies start the battle with speed up and offense up for 1 turn.
Zeta: whenever a Jedi ally gains a buff, it lasts for one extra turn.

Unique- Perfect Bladework: Jedi Dooku has +100% counter chance. In addition, he deals +15% damage and has a 45% chance to gain 25% turn meter when he attacks outside of his turn.
Zeta: +10% Damage outside of turn, double effect from protection steal up while attacking out of turn, and inflict offense down for 1 turn when attacking out of turn. If Grand Master Yoda is active, he has +10% offense.
If Qui-Gon Jinn is active, he has +15 speed.
Post edited by ReworkGriev0us on

Replies

• Options
    Dooku was a leader of the Jedi it is true...but did we ever see what he was like then? It seems like we don’t have a way to represent his light side version because we never really saw it.
  • Options
    At the rate that Jedi gain buffs, Finishing blow would be super OP
  • Options
    At the rate that Jedi gain buffs, Finishing blow would be super OP

I thought it would be, but it can be evaded and has a long cooldown. Can nerf it a little though.
  • Options
    Dooku was a Jedi before episode one, so this kit would be similar to his in-game kit, but it would focus on buffs instead of debuffs.
    From what I’ve heard, he was actually a Jedi during The Phantom Menace, and left the order after the death of Qui-Gon (his apprentice). Just saying.
    Basic- Faultless Press:
    Deal physical damage to target enemy with a 50% to attack again. These attacks have a 25% chance to give the strongest ally offense up for 1 turn and a 25% chance to reduce the strongest allies cooldowns.
    Why the strongest ally instead of a random ally or all allies? And it should say reduce cool downs by 1.
    Deal physical damage to the target enemy and Dooku gains defense up for 2 turns. If Jedi Dooku has at least 7 different buffs, he instantly defeats the target enemy.
    Cooldown: 5 (starts on cooldown)
    I’m not sure I like having too many other instant defeat characters. I know you’ve already included instakill in your Plagueis kit. Plus, people barely know anything about Dooku from when he was still a Jedi. I feel that powerful abilities like this should be kept for popular and well known versions of characters. Another issue I have with this ability is that it’s extremely situational. You need to wait 5 turns, have 7 buffs, have an enemy without foresight, and not have blind. I would change the ability to something like this: Deal physical damage to target enemy and gain offense and critical chance up for 2 turns. Jedi Dooku deals +25% more damage for each buff he has. Cooldown: 4
    Special 2- Unique Fighting: Jedi Dooku deals physical damage to target enemy and calls a target Jedi ally to assist. The assisting ally deals 50% less damage. Dooku and the target ally gain protection steal up(80%) for 1 turn. Cooldown: 3
    We’ve never seen protection steal up before, what exactly is that buff? Health steal up but for protection instead? If so, I would change the amount from 80% to 50%.
    Leader- Duelist: Jedi allies start the battle with speed up and offense up for 1 turn.
    Honestly, I don’t think he needs a leader ability.
    Unique- Perfect Bladework: Jedi Dooku has +100% counter chance. In addition, he deals +15% damage and has a 25% chance to gain 45% turn meter when he attacks outside of his turn.
    Zeta: +10% Damage outside of turn, recover 10% protection, and inflict offense down for 1 turn when attacking out of turn.
    I would switch 25% chance to gain 45% turn meter into 45% chance to gain 25% turn meter. It would be a nice touch if he had synergy here with either Qui-Gon, his Padawan, or Yoda, his Master.
  • Options
    Dooku was a Jedi before episode one, so this kit would be similar to his in-game kit, but it would focus on buffs instead of debuffs.
    From what I’ve heard, he was actually a Jedi during The Phantom Menace, and left the order after the death of Qui-Gon (his apprentice). Just saying.
    Basic- Faultless Press:
    Deal physical damage to target enemy with a 50% to attack again. These attacks have a 25% chance to give the strongest ally offense up for 1 turn and a 25% chance to reduce the strongest allies cooldowns.
    Why the strongest ally instead of a random ally or all allies? And it should say reduce cool downs by 1.
    No it doesn't. In-game it's cooldowns.
  • Options
    Basic- Faultless Press:

Take a look at Jolee’s basic if you think the game doesn’t specify how much the cooldowns are reduced by.
  • Options
    Basic- Faultless Press:

Take a look at Jolee’s basic if you think the game doesn’t specify how much the cooldowns are reduced by.
    Yeah sorry my bad
  • Ichiraikou
    758 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Like the idea of this character but do think he still needs some work.
    Basic- Faultless Press:
    Deal physical damage to target enemy with a 50% to attack again. These attacks have a 25% chance to give the strongest ally offense up for 1 turn and a 25% chance to reduce the strongest allies cooldowns by 1.
    I think the cooldown reduction is a bit weird. Not to mention the Jedi are already pretty strong with Revan. I don't think they need this as well. Also why only the Strongest ally?
    Deal physical damage to the target enemy and Dooku gains offense and critical chance up for 2 turns. Jedi Dooku deals +35% more damage for each buff he has.
    Cooldown: 4
    Neat Idea. Does need some rewording and Grand Master Yoda's leadership grants Crit Chance and Damage Up whenever a jedi ally resists a debuff. To synergies those 2 I think you need a defferent debuff than Crit Chance Up.
    Special 2- Unique Fighting: Jedi Dooku deals physical damage to target enemy and calls a target Jedi ally to assist. The assisting ally deals 50% less damage. Dooku and the target ally gain protection steal up(50%) for 1 turn. Cooldown: 3

Protection Up: This character recovers protection equal to 50% of the damage they deal.
    Like the idea of protection recovery, but his unique also recovers his protection. So doesn't fully synergise there. Also, he only calls a single ally to assist, so why the damage reduction. Finally, I think it might need a different name, but not sure what yet.
    I see 2 buffs and 1 zeta. I don't see how you can fill 8 level upgrades with this. also, I don't think he needs a leadership.
    Unique- Perfect Bladework: Jedi Dooku has +100% counter chance. In addition, he deals +15% damage and has a 45% chance to gain 25% turn meter when he attacks outside of his turn.
    Zeta: +10% Damage outside of turn, recover 10% protection, and inflict offense down for 1 turn when attacking out of turn. If Grand Master Yoda is active, he has +10% offense.
    If Qui-Gon Jinn is active, he has +15 speed.
    I thought the entire idea was to focus him on buffs. I get why you made a synergy with GMY en Qui-Gon, but I don't think it should be done this way. More in their kit than otherwise. Also GMY can give Offence Up due to his basic and Qui-Gon also due to his special, So Dooku granting Offence Up as well Doesn't synergise.
    If I where to recommend some things, I would do something like this:
    Jedi Dooku
    Light Side, Jedi, Galactic Republic, Attacker
    Powerful Jedi attacker that covers for his allies and deals massive damage while buffed.

Faultless Press (Basic)
    Deal Physical damage to target enemy with a 50% chance to attack again. These attacks have a 30% chance to grant Defence Up for 2 turn to a random other ally. If the ally that received this buff is a Jedi, Dooku reduces his Cooldowns by 1.

Strike and Follow (Special) (Cooldown: 4) (small idea I had)
    Deal Physical damage to target enemy, grant Stealth and Protection Steal Up for 2 turns to 2 other Jedi allies, and call them to assist.
    Protection Steal Up: Recover Protection equal to 50% of dealt damage.

Finishing Blow (Special) (Cooldown: 4)
    Dooku gains Offence Up for 2 turns, then deals Physical Damage to target enemy. This attack deals 25% More damage for each Buff Dooku has.

Perfect Bladework (Unique)
    Jedi Dooku has 100% Counter Chance. In addition, Whenever he attacks outside of his turn, he deals 15% More damage and has a 45% Chance to gain 25% Turn Meter.
    Zeta: +15% damage bonus and Whenever he attacks outside of his turn, he recovers 10% Protection and gains Critical Hit Immunity for 1 turn.

Duelist (Unique)
    Jedi Dooku has +25% Critical Chance and+50% Tenacity. In addition, whenever Dooku or another Jedi ally loses Foresight, they gain Speed Up for 2 turns.
    Zeta: While Jedi Dooku is buffed, he can't be Evaded or Countered.

The Tenacity bonus on his second unique is for synergy with GMY leadership. As he would perform best under that anyway. Was thinking to add some evasion bonus as well (Qui-Gon lead) but decided that that would be to much. Added Speed boost instead (cause that also kinda synergises with that lead). His zeta is the first thing that came into my mind when I first thought about feedback. Don't know why thou.

Still a great idea. Wouldn't have even thought about doing this guy for a kit.

Edit: Had an even better idea for Duelist that synergises much better with GMY, Qui-Gon and his own zeta. Also changed the order for Strike and Follow to make full use of the buffs.
    Post edited by Ichiraikou on
  • Options
    Dooku was a Jedi early in the clone wars, so this kit would be similar to his in-game kit, but it would focus on buffs instead of debuffs.

He was no longer a Jedi by the time the clone wars began. It would be correct to say that he was a Jedi during Episode 1, but left and turned to the dark side before Episode 2.
  • Options
    Ok, thanks both of you. I will do some work
  • Options
    I did only the strongest ally because I didn't want to do random. Dooku was a precise fighter, and I wanted that in his kit. Didn't know what else to do that wouldn't be random.
  • Options
    I did only the strongest ally because I didn't want to do random. Dooku was a precise fighter, and I wanted that in his kit. Didn't know what else to do that wouldn't be random.
    That's cool! Personally Dooku is my favorite Clone Wars era Sith.
  • Options
    Basic- Faultless Press:
    Deal physical damage to the target enemy and Dooku gains defense up for 2 turns. If Jedi Dooku has at least 7 different buffs, he instantly defeats the target enemy.
    Cooldown: 5 (starts on cooldown)
    I’m not sure I like having too many other instant defeat characters. I know you’ve already included instakill in your Plagueis kit. Plus, people barely know anything about Dooku from when he was still a Jedi. I feel that powerful abilities like this should be kept for popular and well known versions of characters. Another issue I have with this ability is that it’s extremely situational. You need to wait 5 turns, have 7 buffs, have an enemy without foresight, and not have blind. I would change the ability to something like this: Deal physical damage to target enemy and gain offense and critical chance up for 2 turns. Jedi Dooku deals +25% more damage for each buff he has. Cooldown: 4
    Special 2- Unique Fighting: Jedi Dooku deals physical damage to target enemy and calls a target Jedi ally to assist. The assisting ally deals 50% less damage. Dooku and the target ally gain protection steal up(80%) for 1 turn. Cooldown: 3
    We’ve never seen protection steal up before, what exactly is that buff? Health steal up but for protection instead? If so, I would change the amount from 80% to 50%.
    Honestly, I don’t think he needs a leader ability.
    Unique- Perfect Bladework: Jedi Dooku has +100% counter chance. In addition, he deals +15% damage and has a 25% chance to gain 45% turn meter when he attacks outside of his turn.
    Zeta: +10% Damage outside of turn, recover 10% protection, and inflict offense down for 1 turn when attacking out of turn.
    I would switch 25% chance to gain 45% turn meter into 45% chance to gain 25% turn meter. It would be a nice touch if he had synergy here with either Qui-Gon, his Padawan, or Yoda, his Master.

You don't need to criticize
    This is... SPARTAAAAAAA
  • Options
    DinoTank, thanks, but I asked for feedback, so it's ok. Thanks though ;)
  • Options
    In a word... no. LS has enough junk to play with, the best of which they get for free. DS hasn’t had free anything in ages. Before Treya is was THRAWN. LS gets legendary and journey toons like crazy. No. They already wildly outnumber DS.