Why pay for this game when AI can't defend in PvP?

AI defense is horrible in PvP.

Droid teams are beating high speed teams...which should NEVER happen if the AI played it correctly. But AI plays horribly and you see big jumps in arena ranks.

There is no point in paying for this game if any team can take you out because AI plays it badly.

Whats the point of building a strong team if the AI can't play defense?

Seriously, don't even bother going from 6* or 7*. Because you can beat all top 20 teams with a 6* team.

Until they fix AI defense, I won't be paying a cent to this game. Because no point in building a super strong team if AI doesn't know how to defend.

Replies

• Options
    Cool...

lol:/
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options
    So what you'r saying is your really, really, really, really want this game to be only 5 characters with RNG being the determining factor?
    They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
  • enigma_jedi
    204 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Yudoka wrote: »
    So what you'r saying is your really, really, really, really want this game to be only 5 characters with RNG being the determining factor?

I am saying -> make the AI not play like a 1 month child.

Its like giving a ferrari to a child who can't drive.
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    Options
    Its not that simple. Plus what if another whales on your server, they always win too?
    You've not thought this through.
    {RotE}
  • Options
    To OP you are correct, my mediocre team beats whale team with Aayla and rex and took number 1 with ease... If I whaled that hard and lost I would be ****.
  • enigma_jedi
    204 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    LaLiam wrote: »
    Its not that simple. Plus what if another whales on your server, they always win too?

That is fine.

I don't want some droid team 4000 power lower than me beating me because AI can't play defense. My high speed team has a power of 28,200....and because of AI, its losing to droid team having 24,000 power. Its ridiculous.

Whats the point in investing so much money and resources into your team if any weak team can beat anyone in top 20. The current "All offense and no defense" model will ruin this game. People will stop spending money on this game once they realize this.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Okay, just for a moment put yourself in everyone else's shoes (and CG/EA's especially):

Bad AI on defense is INTENTIONAL. It is programmed that way. It is a design, not a flaw. Now, you might ask "But WHY?!?!?!?" The reasons are simple:

1) Money (I'll explain below) - but it is the #1 reason so it should be first

2) It's a game and should be "playable"

3) It rewards daily activity - not just amassed power. (Incidentally this plays to the advantage of active F2P players)

So why money? Simple. Think of the reverse - if the AI played well (maybe even better than you) and more powerful teams could hold position. What would happen? NOTHING. No one would bother attacking more powerful teams. Most people would simply stop when they reached areas where higher powered teams dominate the rankings. MOST IMPORTANTLY: No one would refresh.

Simply put, the daily back and forth helps people "play the game" - and makes them feel they accomplish something by attacking. It also prevents people from being frustrated on offense. But most importantly it makes them realize that the best way to move up ranks (and hold tiers) is on OFFENSE - by attacking. And for 50 crystals, you get 5 more attacks. Want to make sure you finish in the top XYZ? Be active before payout - use all 5 of your battles (since you'll probably win most of them against bad AI) and maybe even refresh to stretch for that next tier.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    LaLiam wrote: »

That is fine.

I don't want some droid team 4000 power lower than me beating me because AI can't play defense. My high speed team has a power of 28,200....and because of AI, its losing to droid team having 24,000 power. Its ridiculous.

Whats the point in investing so much money and resources into your team if any weak team can beat anyone in top 20. The current "All offense and no defense" model will ruin this game. People will stop spending money on this game once they realize this.

The droid + poe team is nuts to beat lol 27k here taken by the 23k droid/poe team but meh just means i need to hurt that team some more lol.
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options
    Well the point of spending money is so that you can get there faster and maybe enjoy that top spot while others catch up. If they made the AI as good as the players, then there wouldn't be much of a real fight. You'd have the exact same teams that came down to RNG.
    They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Think of the reverse - if the AI played well (maybe even better than you) and more powerful teams could hold position. What would happen? NOTHING. No one would bother attacking more powerful teams. Most people would simply stop when they reached areas where higher powered teams dominate the rankings. MOST IMPORTANTLY: No one would refresh.

This is incorrect. If i couldn't beat a team, I will farm harder and try to build more stronger team. That way, I can beat that team eventually.

This game should be about building strongest characters and teams.

It should not be about having weak team and being "active" in arena.
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Think of the reverse - if the AI played well (maybe even better than you) and more powerful teams could hold position. What would happen? NOTHING. No one would bother attacking more powerful teams. Most people would simply stop when they reached areas where higher powered teams dominate the rankings. MOST IMPORTANTLY: No one would refresh.

This is incorrect. If i couldn't beat a team, I will farm harder and try to build more stronger team. That way, I can beat that team eventually.

This game should be about building strongest characters and teams.

It should not be about having weak team and being "active" in arena.

But this game has a hard cap and no customization to heroes. Once you get the current best team to cap and fully geared, there is no "better" until something is changed in the code.
  • Options
    So you can buy more crystals to get back to the top, DUH

Games like this really are P2P- Pay to Pay
  • enigma_jedi
    204 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

But this game has a hard cap and no customization to heroes. Once you get the current best team to cap and fully geared, there is no "better" until something is changed in the code.

Thats why i said don't pay any money to this game. Just build a 6* droid team cheaply through "free to play" and keep knocking out top teams who are 4000 power level higher than you. Don't invest a single cent into this game because its not worth it in the current "All offense and no defense" model with bad AI.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    I think that the AI leaves a little to be desired, specifically for characters like Yoda or Vader, etc. If the AI could play Yoda like I do and focus on one toon to die first, think of what it would do for the game. It could alter the meta since health and taunting would play a bigger role. I know it can be done too because the Yoda event. That Yoda and his team knows who to focus down most of the time, at the very least, Yoda knows to finish off someone who is low on health.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Options
    From the other side of the fence, I run a Droid team + dooku (anti QGJ)

Finished #1, down to #19 now and I should get back to #1 by 6pm (1 refresh). Prime example of the what the OP is talking about.

The only way this will truly be solved is if when someone challenges you, you get 2 minutes or so to jump on and defend otherwise the AI will take over.

• Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options

Thats why i said don't pay any money to this game. Just build a 6* droid team cheaply through "free to play" and keep knocking out top teams who are 4000 power level higher than you. Don't invest a single cent into this game because its not worth it in the current "All offense and no defense" model with bad AI.

They just need to reduce damage, increase health, and/or increase defense. Killing a character out of the gate is bad all around. There should be more back and forth and allow teams to potentially recover.
  • Options
    From the other side of the fence, I run a Droid team + dooku (anti QGJ)

Finished #1, down to #19 now and I should get back to #1 by 6pm (1 refresh). Prime example of the what the OP is talking about.

The only way this will truly be solved is if when someone challenges you, you get 2 minutes or so to jump on and defend otherwise the AI will take over.

I like this idea.
  • CPMP
    974 posts Member
    Options
    Boohooo OP. Did droids pwned your QGJ team?