Reverse Nest "fix" to even Revan dominance

Andros
42 posts Member
edited February 2019
I started this game after the SOLO movie and had no idea about Meta etc, so I started a squad with basically all the SOLO toons and BHs because I just enjoy BHs in the SW universe.

let me say that before the Nest "fix", my SOLO squad (that I added Zal too because of theorycrafting), I would have very, very good matches with Revan led arena teams. They went both ways, back and forth. It was a real toss-up. After the Nest "fix", its a 100% loss.

Only point of this post is that the Nest "fix" made one of the viable counters to Revan obsolete.

Edit: I have Revan; I like Revan; dont nerf Revan; just un "fix" nest for better and more competitive gameplay

/Discuss

Replies

• Options
    Revan’s leader ability was written as a direct counter to Nest for the exact reason that she shouldn’t compete with him in arena. Tbh I’ve disliked Nest’s kit from the start. If you can get down to 5v1 in 1 minute, in no way should that battle end in a draw. You annihilated the rest of the team. She shouldn’t be a brick wall capable of doing absolutely nothing and preventing you from winning.

Before anyone says “oh you just don’t know how to beat her”, I know full and well how to beat her, what works, and what doesn’t. That doesn’t mean I have to like the kit.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    It's a good thing that there are more ways to easily deal with Nest than just Nihilus, she can be extremely annoying. And the Revan dominance is probably coming to an end anyway.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Why shouldn't her ability be based off her current max health?

Any protection gained through a buff or bonus has always been based in max health, the previous calculation was wrong. It was being based on what her max health could be and not what it was.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Nest had a bug, which was fixed. I would rather have CG work on fixing all currently known bugs than working on redesigning Nest and reverting her to her previously bugged mechanics.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Pointless imo. Even without un-doing the fix you can beat revan teams and even if they un-did the fix revan teams are still able to easily beat nest.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    It's interesting that Revan's leader was intentionally written to counter Nest's gimmick. Yet somehow it was bugged for weeks that Nest's bonus protection didn't change.

I don't know, but if I designed a character to specifically beat another character, wouldn't I actually TEST that matchups to see if it actually is a counter? I just seems a little silly.

If you ask me, I think Nest wasn't bugged. Her max health still dropped to like 1hp so all you had to do was hit her hard enough to bypass 1hp past her bonus protection gain and she's done. Revan still made her easier to beat before they "fixed" her but it wasn't the cakewalk to make Nest obsolete against Revan.

It just seemed fishy that the intentional leader ability wasn't working against Nest after you designed it to work against Nest.