Choosing the best mods for toons

When shopping for or farming mods what type of stats should I stick with? Using mod sets to change up for events is helpful but I have the worst time determining what I should strive for in the best mod. For example I might want to look into potency mods for bounty hunters for the chewie event but I'm not sure if I want to go for speed secondaries or something else. Or like my ezra who currently hits like a wet noodle. Sure he's gear 11 and 7 star but considering most players would probably tell me to go with critical damage mods I'm not sure if speed should be a primary target.

Replies

• Options
    All of your mods should have a + speed secondary, unless it dropped as gold and it has all the stats you want for that toon. I think not wasting a stat slot is probably the best way you can help your toons. Don't put potency on Mace Windu or Ahsoka Tano.
  • Options
    In general:
    You want to get/buy these 4 or 5 base speed secondary mods and pray to RNGesus to get a 20+ one.
    For the sets it is: speed > CD/offense/potency > CC/tenacity > health/defense

However there are also other, more specific mods you might wanna look for such as:
    - CD/offense mods with high offense (GMY in arena, or raid setups)
    - tenacity mods with high tenacity + offense for Nest
    - crit avoidance arrow (defense or tenacity set) with protection and tenacity for Traya (anti-Revan)
    - defense/tenacity mods with high protection and tenacity for Traya (anti-Revan)
    Really comes down to what you want to accomplish (f.e. getting 100% CC on a character so you're looking for CC mods with high CC secondaries)
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    Use https://mods-optimizer.swgoh.grandivory.com/
    You'll be doing yourself a favor.
  • Options
    No_Try wrote: »
    Use https://mods-optimizer.swgoh.grandivory.com/
    You'll be doing yourself a favor.

+1 to this site. I use it for my modding purposes and find it invaluable
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Just go for speed secondaries, mix and match later on. Every mod set is usefull on one toon or the other.
    Save water, drink champagne!