Emo Bastilla shard drops falling off?

I was crushing it with Bastilla farming since release, but ever since I hit 5* with her, now I'm getting 1-3 shards out of 24 runs. I swear this happens almost every time we get closer to an event, or when I get past 5*.

Anyone else notice this?

Replies

• Options
    I wasn’t seeing drop rate conspiracy threads for ages, until people started getting Bastilla to 5*.

Now I’m seeing 1-3 of these threads every 24 hours.

I swear, this happens every time we get a new toon.

Anyone else notice this?

(A guild mate already has her 7*, with only 24 shards from crystal purchases)
  • Options
    This is like that “Logray problem” thread, it’s all a conspiracy, it’s just not going your way right now
  • Options
    I was crushing it with Bastilla farming since release, but ever since I hit 5* with her, now I'm getting 1-3 shards out of 24 runs. I swear this happens almost every time we get closer to an event, or when I get past 5*.

Anyone else notice this?
    So you started off with above-average results, then started getting below-average results? Seems like everything is fine. I am tired of seeing three of these threads a week of people thinking that CG is conspiring against them. I mean, they probably are, but not by changing drop rates.
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    Options
    I simmed 8 got 1, simmed 6 got 5.... it’s all chance and luck.
  • Options
    Yeh, ill admit ive been having bad luck with Bastilla too. But occasionally I do also get good times, and in all honesty its probably just confirmation bias. I finished Canderous early compared to a lot of other people
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    I wasn’t seeing drop rate conspiracy threads for ages, until people started getting Bastilla to 5*.

Now I’m seeing 1-3 of these threads every 24 hours.

I swear, this happens every time we get a new toon.

Anyone else notice this?

(A guild mate already has her 7*, with only 24 shards from crystal purchases)

Drop rate of drop rate topics is increasing. It will reach a peak during the DS Revan/Malak event and start to disappear afterwards.
  • Options
    I’m not claiming conspiracy. It’s somethinrg that I’ve experienced and I was asking if others have experienced it as well.

Relax.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Can you post your data for all pulls up to where you are now so we can see the drop off?
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Can you post your data for all pulls up to where you are now so we can see the drop off?

I haven't been tracking it (writing it down) daily, is there anyway I can go back and pull it?
  • Options
    I've been at 99/100 for two days and after 48 tries, but I still call it bad luck
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »

I haven't been tracking it (writing it down) daily, is there anyway I can go back and pull it?

No. I'm just wondering how you know there has been a drop without recorded data?
  • Options
    I've been at 99/100 for two days and after 48 tries, but I still call it bad luck

That's not bad luck, that is ridiculous.
  • Options
    If my math is right, I'm at around a 30% drop rate on Bastila, which is only 3% below average. My drop rate didn't noticeably change when I got her to 5 stars.
  • Options
    If my math is right, I'm at around a 30% drop rate on Bastila, which is only 3% below average. My drop rate didn't noticeably change when I got her to 5 stars.

I was getting 30-40% drop rate on average (so it seemed), but now closer to the 5-10% drop rate.
  • Options
    I tracked my drops for her and Canderous til 7*. Both were +/-1% of 33. This has been my experience with every single toon since I started tracking my drops. YMMV, but I doubt it.