Need advice to kill/deal with new Zombie & NS team ASAP for GA

Hi all. So I'm an old player returning, and my paper Zombie is **** now, and I went up against one Zombie with my Empire team who could deal with her b4, and no go to say the least.

Currently my opponent in GA has a MT Zeta lead with Zombie on team, and they have pretty good speed. Luckily, I think, the really good news is this player does NOT have a G10 Zombie either (G9) so undying sacrifice is not active.

Note I currently don't have Thrawn, a BH team or a FO team all on defense. What I do have is:
EP Empire team, Bastilla Jedi team (weak Ben taunt), my own NS team and Rebels (no CLS).

Questions:

1A - So with this Zombie, seems I will have to kill at least it 3 times then?
B - Trouble is I think it is G9 and decent health, so even when -100 speed she will gain 50 when damaged meaning she will still revive. How to deal with that?
C - Then there is the problem of MT Zeta reviving NS's, but I guess not Zombie if -100 speed?

2. How to deal with a G10 Zombie WITH undying sacrifice good grief?

TIA

Replies

• JohnAran
    312 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    A -100% speed zombie will not get back her speed ever so just killing her 3 times will be enough. Since she won’t go she won’t ever gain taunt while at -100% speed also so you can just ignore her at this point.
    She will also not revive the other sisters so you can defeat that team the same way you would have before : lots of aoe, focus daka into talzin.
    Your Palp lead empire team should do it if mods are ok. If your nightsisters are ok, mirrors are very easy to win also.

To your second point, the usual strat is again lots of aoe, but kill order becomes asajj twice (to use up zombie revives, asajj is usually lowest hp/prot sister), then daka into talzin. It’s more dangerous than before but obvious counters still work (troopers, nightmare...), just make sure your not too far behind in mods/gear because it’s harder now.
  • Options
    Thanks for the reply. This Zombie has 50K total, I am a little worried if I don't kill it in one go, it will gain 50 speed and then I'm up the creek.

Because you only get one crack with each team, and I only have 4 I am hesitating which to pick here against who. They have Phoenix guarding ships, and NS on the other side. My teams look like this:

EP, DV, Moff, RG, DT - No Thrawn really hurts here, also my good taunt is on D as well, not so strong now

Bastilla, Yoda, QGJ, Luminara, Old Ben - This is a 1 trick pony, GMY, my Ben is weak, no Erza hurts here

Lando, Solo, Leia, Fulcrum, KSO - This is a fairly strong team for me, but KSO a little weak and not best taunt

NS team, nothing to write home about, fairly weak and slow, much more so than their team. Zombie not on team

And that's it really. If your me, how are you going to approach this?
  • Darth_DeVito
    1233 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Options

As long as your opponents don't have Acolyte, you simply kill the weakest Nightsister twice to put an end to Zombie's revives, then kill Old Daka and the rest until only Zombie is left. Dispel, stun and/or kill Zombie in between as necessary. I don't even bother trying to get Zombie to -100 speed and just work around her. Bastila can dispel and sometimes stun her, as can KRU, who works well enough on a Jedi team. Ezra also has a dispel.

If they do have Acolyte in addition to a G10 Zombie, you need AOEs. I've had no luck with my Jedi team against Acolyte NS teams (my only AOE is Anakin's), but my bounty hunters work well enough now that I've zetaed Bossk.

• Options
    Empire (if Palp has a zeta) is perfectly fine if your mods are not absolute garbage. Once your Vader starts the battle with his AoE into saber throw combo it's pretty much game over for the NS as you just keep the TM train rolling.
    Lineup:
    - palp (obvious)
    - vader (obvious)
    - tarkin (debuffs + TM removal AoE)
    - TFP (debuffs, high damage)
    - RG (stun + taunt IF any ally gets low)
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Options
    The team that easily clears G12+ NS with Zombie is a G10+ team of 3-zetas Revan (lead), Bastilla, zJolee, Grandmaster Yoda (zeta the special), General Kenobi. Use Revan to "lock" attacks on Daka, you bring her down 3 times (2 revives) and after that you take out the rest in whatever order you like, leaving the zombie for last. Since Revan ignores taunt and actually directs all attacks on a single character, Jolee revives everyone who accidentally dies, and yoda attacks like crazy, it is very easy counter. In fact, you will be using the same team (I use hermit yoda instead of Kenobi to ensure higher defense) in many instances (it holds very well on defense in Arena, raids (swap Commander Luke for Kenobi and it solos Rancor, and can solo tank at G12, also does quite well in all stages of the Sith raid), etc.
  • Options
    Altazarus wrote: »
    The team that easily clears G12+ NS with Zombie is a G10+ team of 3-zetas Revan (lead), Bastilla, zJolee, Grandmaster Yoda (zeta the special), General Kenobi. Use Revan to "lock" attacks on Daka, you bring her down 3 times (2 revives) and after that you take out the rest in whatever order you like, leaving the zombie for last. Since Revan ignores taunt and actually directs all attacks on a single character, Jolee revives everyone who accidentally dies, and yoda attacks like crazy, it is very easy counter. In fact, you will be using the same team (I use hermit yoda instead of Kenobi to ensure higher defense) in many instances (it holds very well on defense in Arena, raids (swap Commander Luke for Kenobi and it solos Rancor, and can solo tank at G12, also does quite well in all stages of the Sith raid), etc.

overkill
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Options
    Note shock will prevent the taunt, just need to dispel it then
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Questions:

1A - So with this Zombie, seems I will have to kill at least it 3 times then?
    B - Trouble is I think it is G9 and decent health, so even when -100 speed she will gain 50 when damaged meaning she will still revive. How to deal with that?
    C - Then there is the problem of MT Zeta reviving NS's, but I guess not Zombie if -100 speed?

TIA

1A If you take the zombie to zero speed (two stacks of -50%) it will not take turns, and not gain taunt again. Since it's below g10, if you kill it while at zero speed it will not revive.

1B If the zombie is at zero speed (two stacks of -50%) it will never take a turn, and never gain speed again. If It's at 50% speed (one stack of -50%) it may still take turns and gain 50% speed. The solution is to be faster. Your empire team with zEP lead should not have trobule with that with all the bonus TM gain from EP's lead and all the debuffs landing.

2. Various strategies, depending on which team you're using:

A. Kill a weak NS twice (it revives both times through undying sacrifice), then kill Daka (she won't revive through undying sacrifice), kill the rest one by one leaving zombie for last.
    B. Kill a weak zombie twice (or kill Daka twice, or kill daka once + a weak NS), then kill Daka, then kill zombie repeatedly until at zero speed (to prevent taunts) then kill the zombies one by one leaving zombie for last.

If fighting NS with NS I prefer 2B. If fighting them with Empire, I prefer 2A.
  • Options
    Thanks for the reply. This Zombie has 50K total, I am a little worried if I don't kill it in one go, it will gain 50 speed and then I'm up the creek.

Because you only get one crack with each team, and I only have 4 I am hesitating which to pick here against who. They have Phoenix guarding ships, and NS on the other side. My teams look like this:

EP, DV, Moff, RG, DT - No Thrawn really hurts here, also my good taunt is on D as well, not so strong now

Bastilla, Yoda, QGJ, Luminara, Old Ben - This is a 1 trick pony, GMY, my Ben is weak, no Erza hurts here

Lando, Solo, Leia, Fulcrum, KSO - This is a fairly strong team for me, but KSO a little weak and not best taunt

NS team, nothing to write home about, fairly weak and slow, much more so than their team. Zombie not on team

And that's it really. If your me, how are you going to approach this?

I don’t have all information such as speed and gear on both sides but i would probably go with palp. Without a dispell zombie can be annoying but you may have enough tm gain, control and sustain to win. As long as you don’t start killing sisters randomly and take your time, the only real danger is talzin’s mass attack since your tank can’t force it on himself.

If there is no acolyte and your jedi team is stronger than your empire with a zeta on bastila lead you can try that. Yoda might kill everything fast enough.
  • Options
    Thanks all the replies, it turned out I wiped the floor with the NS team with my ZPalp to my pleasant surprise.

In my next war I will again face a NS team this time with a G10 Zombie, but thankfully a slow one. I will follow general advice given here for that.

He only has 4 decent teams (vs my 7): Empire no EP. Jedi no ****, Erza or Jolee. NS. Rebels but fairly weak.

If you are him, what u think he'll put on defense? (I'll probably have my FO guard my ships, then BH & Ph)