Level 90 Meta

Prev1
Parsing through the data on the info site. On my phone, so hard to find link and add it.

To me it looks like a team of:
QGJ - Lead
Rey
Yoda
Anakin
Royal guard (34k health)

Will be the new meta. Has lots of speed, and will hit like a truck.

Agree, disagree, see something else competitive.

Replies

• Koth
    21 posts Member
    Options
    Level 90 meta? Aren't we only like level 70? what happened to 80?
  • Error_404
    87 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I think Anakin's spot might be the easiest to change out. But based on his special, once RG gets beat, he seems like he would destroy next toon up.

But Leia, GS, Dooku, and some others seem like they could all slide in easily.

Even Daka or Ewok Elder, just to keep reviving RG with Auto taunt on.
  • Options
    I think they'll phase out GS and Poggle. Dooku and QGJ were powerful characters in the movies so, I doubt they will change much. The bugs all flew away, when the Jedi showed up. Maybe my memory is fading, but I think I remember them all flying away at the end of Attack of the Clones.
  • Options
    I highly doubt those will be phased out. This game isn't cannon, and certainly isn't based on cannon.
  • cosmicturtle333
    5004 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Error_404 wrote: »
    Parsing through the data on the info site. On my phone, so hard to find link and add it.

To me it looks like a team of:
    QGJ - Lead
    Rey
    Yoda
    Anakin
    Royal guard (34k health)

Will be the new meta. Has lots of speed, and will hit like a truck.

Agree, disagree, see something else competitive.

Swap Anakin for GS and you have the current meta.

So nothing much will change according to your theory.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Options
    I think most people hate that generic characters are some of the best.
  • Options
    A lot of things can happen between then and now. I don't understand the fetish with such speculation.
    IGN: Malmsteen's Comet
  • Options
    I highly doubt those will be phased out. This game isn't cannon, and certainly isn't based on cannon.

I don't know what cannon is. I never read any books, comics or watched any cartoons. All I know is the bugs weren't powerful.
  • Options
    jeremyj26 wrote: »
    A lot of things can happen between then and now. I don't understand the fetish with such speculation.

Because if you are FTP you have to take months to build a competitive team. So why not look ahead and find what works best in the future?
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    jeremyj26 wrote: »

Because if you are FTP you have to take months to build a competitive team. So why not look ahead and find what works best in the future?

Very true, just keep in mind next week that could all change
  • Options
    The one thing I don't understand in this game is why does leader ability still apply after you've killed the leader? I think leader meta would change a little if leader abilities were nullified if you killed the the leader? I makes sense that dead toons shouldn't give abilities and it would bring qgj down a peg and make for more interesting strategies...even have 2nd in commands so if the leader is killed your team now has your 2nd commands leader ability...makes sense to me but what do I know I'm just ftp trash
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    DunnyDarko wrote: »
    The one thing I don't understand in this game is why does leader ability still apply after you've killed the leader? I think leader meta would change a little if leader abilities were nullified if you killed the the leader? I makes sense that dead toons shouldn't give abilities and it would bring qgj down a peg and make for more interesting strategies...even have 2nd in commands so if the leader is killed your team now has your 2nd commands leader ability...makes sense to me but what do I know I'm just ftp trash

So only tanky leaders would ever be useful and also only teams with tanks would really benefit from leadership abilities.

You seem to have a chip on your shoulder, considering your "ftp trash" comment. If there is something that bothers you in the game.. Farm it. And btw, this is one of the friendliest f2p games I've seen.
  • Options

That's what I was trying to say above. Exactly. The best of the best should not be characters like GS.
  • Options
    All I meant by me being f2p is my opinion doesn't count as much as someone who pays in game and likely has played 4 times as long as I have. I have qgj as my leader and still think the same way cause everyday people complain about meta and nerd this nerd that. It just seems to make more sense to me that if a leader dies his abilities become nill and also with some of the heavy hitters and assists and buffs a tank can be taken down in 2 3 moves if you have speed adv...I was just brainstorming an idea to change format and add a little more strategic thinking into game play. With more aspects to figure in than who hits fastest and hardest..
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options

That's what I was trying to say above. Exactly. The best of the best should not be characters like GS.

The goal is to make ALL characters viable. It totally impossible for the devs to forsee every single factor that makes one more viable in arena than another. If a character is ever nerfed I thank god it wont be because some lorist complains.
  • Options
    J7000 wrote: »

The goal is to make ALL characters viable. It totally impossible for the devs to forsee every single factor that makes one more viable in arena than another. If a character is ever nerfed I thank god it wont be because some lorist complains.

I didn't say Nerf him. I said they'll probably phase hI'm out by level 90. I'm sick of him though, so I wouldn't care if they nerfed him.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    Impossible to predict the lvl 90 meta is, too many nerf bats around to tell

Good try tho
  • Options

People always forget that this is a holotable game based on dejarik you see you see Chewie playing in the movies and padme and ahsoka playing in clone wars. If it were fully replicating real Star wars we would have about a quarter of the present characters being semi usable on a good day
    UK/Euro guild - GrievousGenerals recruiting - lv85+ Discord @Starjumper#8384
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    Did we run out of relevant topics to discuss?
  • Options
    The game will be vastly different by the time were up to lvl 90. It's really anyone's guess at this time. The devs can do whatever they want. Maybe they'll make ugnaught the new supreme character.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    ChefHaze wrote: »
    The game will be vastly different by the time were up to lvl 90. It's really anyone's guess at this time. The devs can do whatever they want. Maybe they'll make ugnaught the new supreme character.

Its feasible, the less noteworthy a toon is the more powerful it is it seems and since most players have not a clue who he is, logic dictates he is/will be massivly OP
  • XCOM
    250 posts Member
    Options
    All I meant by me being f2p is my opinion doesn't count as much as someone who pays in game and likely has played 4 times as long as I have. I have qgj as my leader and still think the same way cause everyday people complain about meta and nerd this nerd that. It just seems to make more sense to me that if a leader dies his abilities become nill and also with some of the heavy hitters and assists and buffs a tank can be taken down in 2 3 moves if you have speed adv...I was just brainstorming an idea to change format and add a little more strategic thinking into game play. With more aspects to figure in than who hits fastest and hardest..

You are asking to change the rules to the game? It's like changing the way pieces in chess move... Just learn the game and play it! Changing the rules will not make you a better player, I am sure you will still whine and still keep losing, and you will find something else to complain about...
  • Options

It also helps people that research stats etc. try to climb when others gear and lvl their "fav" characters like Chewie.
  • Options

You had it right the first time! Keep your brainstorming to yourself f2p scum! And knock that chip off your shoulder you punk kid!

That's sarcasm of course ;)
  • slmcmr
    875 posts Member
    Options
    The bugs all flew away, when the Jedi showed up. Maybe my memory is fading, but I think I remember them all flying away at the end of Attack of the Clones.

Since this is about the movie (not the game) i'll disagree with you. 212 Jedi went to Geonosis and 179 were killed on that arena (source: starwars wikia). The Jedi could only survive with the help of clones. At the end geonosian might be defeated but i wouldn't call it a great victory for Jedi.
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    i want a team of 5 Reys ...
    EDIT: Wait, 4 Reys only, i need the leader spot free for QGJ ...
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • DV_27
    967 posts Member
    Options
    Relying on those datamined stats for end game is very dangerous. We haven't even reached the 80 cap yet. Things are bound to change
  • Options
    I think they'll phase out GS and Poggle. Dooku and QGJ were powerful characters in the movies so, I doubt they will change much. The bugs all flew away, when the Jedi showed up. Maybe my memory is fading, but I think I remember them all flying away at the end of Attack of the Clones.

If you look at the statistics for the Battle of Geonosis in the Wookiepedia, you'll see that it was the clones that won, not the Jedi. 312 Jedi attacked, and 290 were killed. The battle turned upon the arrival of the clone army led by Yoda. Mace just got 90% of the living Jedi killed.
  • Options
    They'll have to fix Rey - you can't have an assassination toon going first.

It's not rocket surgery.