Total Game Disparity

I've been playing the game for over 2 years and it takes up a lot of time. Which I am committed to. But over the past 9 months it's either Traya or Revan, I'm not a jedi fan, will work with my guild to get Traya. But seriously that's all the arena is about now. I have a Jango lead team which apparently the "burn" skill is unevadable? Not true! What's the point of having skills like that, that just don't work? In my opinion there is very little option for diversity......

Replies

• Options
    Bear in mind that the attack can’t be evaded, meaning it will hit and inflict damage even through foresight. But, if the opposing team has Tenacity up, the Burning debuff can still (and very probably WILL) be resisted...

Hope that helps.
  • Options
    Revan ruined game for many unfortunately, still makes 0 sense that a quick buy char totally annihilated a char that you have to work as a group for a year to obtain. 00000000 sense. Now with 2nd coming of Revans TW most peoples favorite part of the game is ruined. TW comes down to who has more revans.
  • Options
    Quit your whining. You could have farmed for Revan and would likely be top 50 in arena right now.
  • Options
    Hope your talking to OP. I have Revan and take #1 everyday doesnt change the facts I laid out.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    SkiaRyder wrote: »
    Revan ruined game for many unfortunately, still makes 0 sense that a quick buy char totally annihilated a char that you have to work as a group for a year to obtain. 00000000 sense. Now with 2nd coming of Revans TW most peoples favorite part of the game is ruined. TW comes down to who has more revans.

Ah yes, the extra zeros trick. I remember when my math teacher told me that adding more zeros to a number made it extra nothing.

I know people say this a lot, but this game isn’t all about TW and arena. And he’s the meta! The meta has almost always worked this way! I remember when everyone complained that the more Trayas a guild had defined who won TW. The ominous power creep will continue as usual.
  • Options
    Nihion wrote: »
    SkiaRyder wrote: »

Ah yes, the extra zeros trick. I remember when my math teacher told me that adding more zeros to a number made it extra nothing.

I know people say this a lot, but this game isn’t all about TW and arena. And he’s the meta! The meta has almost always worked this way! I remember when everyone complained that the more Trayas a guild had defined who won TW. The ominous power creep will continue as usual.

I remember Whose Poe goes 1st wins
  • Options
    Arena is always going to be dominated by one or two teams. That's just the nature of a squad-building game. It's also why power creep exists: they have to keep making bigger and badder new characters to usurp whatever currently dominates.

There's no getting around it. I don't dispute that it makes high-end PVP really boring - it absolutely does - but if it really irks you then you may want to find another game to play.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• SamuraiUX
    265 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    DT_Jango wrote: »
    Quit your whining. You could have farmed for Revan and would likely be top 50 in arena right now.

You are so part of the problem.

People who tell complainers to shut up are only working in the service of the company making money. A player of the game complaining who is heard and supported can actually effect change in the gameplay, mechanics, or policies. How do I know? Because I've worked UX for a gaming company as a researcher and statistician. What do YOU get out of shutting the 'complainer' down? Are you getting kickbacks from EA? If not... it just must make you feel better to act high and mighty.

In addition, your answer is nonsensical. OP complains "there's little diversity anymore, now that Revan owns everything" and you answer "you could get Revan, too!" He would then just be adding to the problem that he proposed, not helping it.

Edited for content. - EA_Cian
    Post edited by EA_Cian on
  • Options
    Well you could win with traya(i beat revans with traya lead in arena every day), cls teams can win, ns teams can win, beating revan isnt impossible at all and 1 team cant dominate a tw or ga unless you simply dont want to know its counters

If the other guild has 47 revan then have your guild save 47 counters etc
  • Options
    The most teams that have been “meta” at the same time pre-revan was 3 and while most of the top is running revan(easiest meta team to get) there are still 2-4 other teams that can win and be meta which means we currently have the most diverse meta yet

The reason people say “shut up and stop complaining” isnt to feel better or anything, its because anyone who has competed in the top arena for a long time knows that this is how meta and arena work and that EVERY new meta will have these people complain that all of a sudden the new team has ruined the game...EVERY SINGLE TIME
  • Options
    I'm with you for sure. I was consistently in the top 25 for quite a bit with mixed versions of teams. I always try and do something that can compete but isn't consider the "Meta," i.e. Kru, Thrawn, etc. However, with Revan now, it is almost impossible to crack top 50 without Traya or Revan. I'm always an advocate for more arena diversity since playing the same team over and over is extremely boring. I understand putting other teams other than the Meta makes me a target, but at least I hope the people attacking enjoy having a different style match instead of the same thing over and over again.
  • Options
    and I completely disagree that this is the most diverse the arena has been. I think it was much more diverse before revan. Traya, CLS, Nightsisters even JTR teams were trying to stick around and compete a bit. Since Revan, real solid Revan teams are pretty much unbeatable unless you have Traya or Revan. I know Revan can be beat, but geared and well modded Revan teams really can't be beat very easily at all.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    gpeeee wrote: »
    and I completely disagree that this is the most diverse the arena has been. I think it was much more diverse before revan. Traya, CLS, Nightsisters even JTR teams were trying to stick around and compete a bit. Since Revan, real solid Revan teams are pretty much unbeatable unless you have Traya or Revan. I know Revan can be beat, but geared and well modded Revan teams really can't be beat very easily at all.

Revan can be beat by a couple teams, but the issue is that nothing holds on defense as well as Revan. And no one has said that it’s the most diverse, but there still exists some diversity. It will all clear up in a couple of months anyway.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    SamuraiUX wrote: »

People who tell complainers to shut up are only working in the service of the company making money.

I'm happy that CG make money. This just means they will keep developing and supporting the game.
    A player of the game complaining who is heard and supported can actually effect change in the gameplay, mechanics, or policies.

No matter wether the complaints are heard or not, the Revan META will die out as well eventualy - just as every other META did. B2 just got reworked. While not a hard counter to Revan it still works well.
    How do I know? Because I've worked UX for a gaming company as a researcher and statistician. What do YOU get out of shutting the 'complainer' down? Are you getting kickbacks from EA? If not... it just must make you feel better to act high and mighty.

This is a public forum. Discussions do happen, you know...
  • Options
    I was able to annihilate Revan teams with Nest but they 'fixed' her. I was their nightmare bruh.
  • Options
    Waqui wrote: »
    SamuraiUX wrote: »

People who tell complainers to shut up are only working in the service of the company making money.

I'm happy that CG make money. This just means they will keep developing and supporting the game.
    A player of the game complaining who is heard and supported can actually effect change in the gameplay, mechanics, or policies.

No matter wether the complaints are heard or not, the Revan META will die out as well eventualy - just as every other META did. B2 just got reworked. While not a hard counter to Revan it still works well.
    How do I know? Because I've worked UX for a gaming company as a researcher and statistician. What do YOU get out of shutting the 'complainer' down? Are you getting kickbacks from EA? If not... it just must make you feel better to act high and mighty.

This is a public forum. Discussions do happen, you know...

I'm happy that EA/CG is making money also. But I'm not necessarily on their 'side.' I'm on the players' side. They are NOT on the players' side, they're on their own side. Understand that this is not a condemnation of EA/CG, that's just how business works. Therefore, when someone comes on here and tries to shut a player up for having a concern or a complaint, I see that as not being on the players' side.

I've been playing this game since it started (Nov 2015) and haven't missed a day. So I've seen the meta change again and again as well. I know that someone will eventually unseat Revan. I don't even HAVE Revan, I'm not worried about it. I'm perfectly happy with my roster, because it's mine, and I enjoy working on who I feel like working on. But I don't think that was the main thrust of this post. It wasn't "waaah, Revan will never be beaten!" it was "waaah, the game is getting increasingly pay-to-play and lacking in diversity in the arena!" The "meta" characters used to be completely attainable, and they've been becoming less so. They used to also be similar to less powerful characters (e.g, Poe was meta. He wasn't that different from other characters), and now the difference between a meta and regular is staggering (tons of abilities and multiple zetas). This is sort of broken, and perhaps it will be addressed and fixed - but certainly complaining about the brokenness of it isn't outrageous or unreasonable.

It IS a public forum. You're welcome to discuss. I actively enjoy discussing. =) Discuss back!
  • Options
    "waaah, the game is getting increasingly pay-to-play and lacking in diversity in the arena!"

This statement is probably backwards. Revan just became available to F2P which is why more people have access to him which has REDUCED diversity. When Revan was pay to win/play, it was a lot more exclusive and arena had greater diversity.
  • EA_Cian
    971 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Options
    Hey folks, let's please reel it in a lil bit here. We're fine to disagree but let's try to be a more respectful in how we do it.