GA matchmaking needs more parameters

...than Just blatantly going to match each characters and ship GP. Today I had to fight vs a guy who has slightly less GP in total, BUT still he has more than twice the amount of G12 characters (i have 17 oponent has 44!!!), 8 more used zetas and legendary characters/ships i dont have.
Normally i would not complain about having not some certain characters. BUT in the last time you guys tend to exaggarate with the Power and impact these characters have.

I know i am not the best Player, thats why my Arena and ship arena rank ist around 150-200. BUT why i have to fight vs. someone who ist around Rank 1-10?!

My suggestion is to take more parameters into consideration while matchmaking oponents.

How many Zeta characters?
How many G12 characters?
Do they have Traya/Revan/C3P0/Chewie/Millenium Falcon etc.

Replies

• Options
    CG on TW: "We start with characters over 6000 power, then look at key characters on each roster, assign each roster a score, multiply by ..."

Community response: "It's too complex and doesn't work! You should just use flat guild GP!"

CG on GA: "We're using flat GP."

Community response: "It doesn't work! It should be more complex!"
  • Options
    Imo GP is perfect for GA... If u have same GP than someone it mean u had same resources along ur play time... The way u used those resources was up to u so dont blame ppl if u wasted resources, etc.

I have almost every toon 7*, they all with mods but 10 or so, they all lvl 40+ and most of them G7-8 so not just focused in GA and ever got at least 2-3 wins in GA.

Most ppl main problems in GA is lazyness about mods... If u have many teams with good speed in mods u have a chance for sure. Just make ur strategy and try the best... If ur enemy have better squads than u just trow medium teams in defense that have counter or high speed so they will at least remove protection aganst every enemy team and use ur best squads to hit their defenses and u will at least he able to clean the table so u will have high victory chances!
  • Atum3007
    1 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Imho there ist a Big difference between a 50v50 and a 8 Players tournament where you also cannot choose whom to fight.
  • RandomSithLord
    2325 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    While the problem of using flat GP for matchmaking is real, especially since you are rarely going to use the lower part of your roster for any matches, having more then twice fewer G12 toons just calls for terrible roster development. At this point you are just punished by the game for your decisions.
    I can advocate for players that have 10-20% fewer G12-s, 2-6 zetas that could make a difference, but having not even half of what your opponent does means that your roster is simply not developed for GA and no mather how many parameters they introduce, it's highly unlikely that the matchmaking system will find a similar rosters in your GP range.

On another note, number of G12 toons or zetas could be another factor in matchmaking, besides GP. However whether someone has certain legendaries or not should not be an issue. They CHOSE to invest in them, while others were leveling their favourite, but otherwise perhaps completely useless toons.

(This is coming from someone who has been matched numerous times with players without Traya, despite having one. I never placed Traya on defense, and yesterday was the first time I used Revan against someone who doesn't have him. At a certain GP level you are simply supposed to have certain toons if you wish to stay competitive.)
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Atum3007 wrote: »
    ...than Just blatantly going to match each characters and ship GP. Today I had to fight vs a guy who has slightly less GP in total, BUT still he has more than twice the amount of G12 characters (i have 17 oponent has 44!!!), 8 more used zetas and legendary characters/ships i dont have.
    Normally i would not complain about having not some certain characters. BUT in the last time you guys tend to exaggarate with the Power and impact these characters have.

I know i am not the best Player, thats why my Arena and ship arena rank ist around 150-200. BUT why i have to fight vs. someone who ist around Rank 1-10?!

My suggestion is to take more parameters into consideration while matchmaking oponents.

How many Zeta characters?
    How many G12 characters?
    Do they have Traya/Revan/C3P0/Chewie/Millenium Falcon etc.

You're making several assumptions:

1. You assume, that currently GP is the only parameter used by the matchmaking algorithm.
    2. You assume, it's not intentional, that in each group of 8 participants, there's a mix of players with a relatively high number of g12 characters mixed with players with relatively low number of g12 characters (or zetas, legendary/heroic characters etc.).

... but do you know this for sure? And mixing players like that would actually be more fair (no, not even - fair) matchmaking.
  • Options
    I agree mixed makes it (relatively fair), and are there cases known where (sub 3M) people got matched up as the only one with (significantly) less G12/Zeta/etc .? If not, then it seems extremely unlikely that GP is the only parameter. All we see is people getting matched up with a couple of stronger opponents (and then off course conclude that those are P2W).

Note: If you have very high GP and basically no Zeta of G12, then matching you would always be a challenge.