New Finn teams.

Just curious how folks think about deploying the new version of Finn.

With him as leader, I think all that really changes is you have to pay more attention to your other two characters. You're still going Finn, Poe, Trooper, but then I think you're going to want another reliable Expose, so you take Pilot, and Rose's stun will keep any opponent whose TM is creeping up from taking a turn. I sure wish Shock Prod had a lower cooldown, though... But the incredibly short cooldown on Takedown combined with the damage boost to subsequent (not sequential, thankfully, since keeping TM down is going to be like whack-a-mole) hits is interesting.

Although I'm really thinking I want to try him under Jedi Rey and just machine gun Takedown so long as he's not debuffed.
Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.

Replies

• Options
    And miss this thread with the "I plan on deploying him to the garbage can" nonsense. There's a dozen threads where you can be salty, go to one of them.
  • Options
    I don’t want to be salty. Just peppery.
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • Options
    I'm assuming you are talking PvP.

Yeah I use 5* Rose with him now and they can permastun entire teams already. Her cool down on the stun is about every other turn.

And although Finn has a taunt hes really a damage dealer. So I think maybe Holdo may work. She and Finn amd Poe will ping-pong Taunts and Finn and Holdo can heal and Holdo provides Foresight and AOE daze. I think AOE daze + his new lead is going to be the best way to keep the other team from moving.

So, my Theorycraft right now would be Finn, Poe, Holdo, Rose +1. Scav, RT or RP would all work. But Probably RP as he provides another source of foresight for Holdo to taunt and saves Scav and RT for JTR.

I dont have 3P0 so can't Theorycraft for him. I'm sure hed be great as the +1 too.
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    Options
    Never zetad his lead, but there's a chance I'll try him under JTR now. Taunt, heal and stun spam for PVP, stacking raid damage.
  • Options
    VonZant wrote: »
    I'm assuming you are talking PvP.

Yeah I use 5* Rose with him now and they can permastun entire teams already. Her cool down on the stun is about every other turn.

And although Finn has a taunt hes really a damage dealer. So I think maybe Holdo may work. She and Finn amd Poe will ping-pong Taunts and Finn and Holdo can heal and Holdo provides Foresight and AOE daze. I think AOE daze + his new lead is going to be the best way to keep the other team from moving.

So, my Theorycraft right now would be Finn, Poe, Holdo, Rose +1. Scav, RT or RP would all work. But Probably RP as he provides another source of foresight for Holdo to taunt and saves Scav and RT for JTR.

I dont have 3P0 so can't Theorycraft for him. I'm sure hed be great as the +1 too.

I feel like Holdo might be a hat on a hat--If you've locked down the enemy with stuns then they won't be taking very many turns, so you won't get much use from her heal. Trooper will give you a lot more exposes off his basic, and his 55% TM when someone becomes exposed will be much more important with only 15% TM gain off Finn's leader ability.

Holdo has a lot of uses, but I don't know if I like her under Finn as much as I did before this change. Although the 60% potency his leader ability gives will make modding her easier.
  • Options
    I think he’s going to be more viable as an add now than a leader, unless you’re set on running two squads. I don’t right now, mostly just use him in raids, but I’m interested to see if he might be a swap for maybe Scav Rey in places.
  • Options
    I think he’s going to be more viable as an add now than a leader, unless you’re set on running two squads. I don’t right now, mostly just use him in raids, but I’m interested to see if he might be a swap for maybe Scav Rey in places.

I always get confused on what a 1-turn cooldown really means. Under Jedi Rey, so long as he's unbuffed, Takedown will effectively have a 1-turn cooldown, so I forget if that means he'll be able to use it every turn or every other turn. In either case, that ramping damage will be NUTS in the sith raid.
  • Options
    Finn Poe Trooper Pilot Rose
    JTR Holdo ScavRey R2 BB8

And run C3PO somewhere else.

Just Planning though, Rose and Holdo still at 5* G8.
  • Options
    Awesome ideas!
    I just want my zeta back...

• Options
    The +60% potency just Screams Holdo to me. She has like 2% base potency. We will see.
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »

I always get confused on what a 1-turn cooldown really means. Under Jedi Rey, so long as he's unbuffed, Takedown will effectively have a 1-turn cooldown, so I forget if that means he'll be able to use it every turn or every other turn. In either case, that ramping damage will be NUTS in the sith raid.

Yeah, I’m pretty sure that would be up every turn, and should lead to some monster damage. I’m thinking about Sith p1, since it’s a special, the risk of being debuffed is limited to assist calls.
  • Options
    Finn needs to survive as long as possible, so he can end up doing great dmg.

C-3PO will help greatly, since translation gives +30% max health, and enemies will constantly be inflicted with offense down, and additionally whenever he calls Finn to assist, Finn gains +20% stacking dmg, and with 3 stacks of translation he'll have +40% crit dmg. C-3PO exposes on basic as well, and can trigger exposes with his mass assist.

R2, with his number crunch will help by increasing max health and max protection, and will also increase Finn's offense. The stealth is also great for protecting weaker characters of course. And with C-3PO present, he'll also expose with his basic.

Holdo is very durable and provides taunt, healing and crit avoidance.

The best fifth character is probably resistance trooper, but some people might want to save him for their JTR team. Resistance pilot won't be quite as good, but is still very decent. Poe will be good with his taunt and aoe expose.

I guess my two resistance teams will be:

Finn, C-3PO, R2, Holdo, Resistance Trooper

JTR, BB8, Scavenger, Resistance Pilot, Rose Tico (or possibly Chopper or T3)
  • Options
    Was thinking about mods.
    If finn's changed we probably need something new.

When the TM train starts you dont have to worried about being hit by the enemies for now, but if things changed like this means you have to fight like the other teams most of the time.
    Any suggestion?
  • Options
    Add royal guard to a new Finn team
  • Options
    Phoenixeon wrote: »
    Was thinking about mods.
    If finn's changed we probably need something new.

When the TM train starts you dont have to worried about being hit by the enemies for now, but if things changed like this means you have to fight like the other teams most of the time.
    Any suggestion?

Speed matters for more than just Poe now, so there's that. You could probably drop potency a bit, too, considering the 60% he gives now.
  • Options
    Always thinking about what should I do if TM train not working like current version.
    I mean, like palp or JTR team, they do have their TM train, but still being hits by the enemies.
    Hmm maybe I am worrying too much, just save some mods and wait until the rework dropped and try few times in GW.
  • Options
    He might be a replacement for RT in the HSR.
    JTR, BB8, R2, 3PO, Finn
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Options
    With the changes, I believe having resistance with expose is even more important.

So in my opinion, he's only viable with rt, rp, poe, bb8, 3p0, and r2 (with 3p0).