Total redesign of zeta system

Just want to get this in before the clamour for zeta refunds
And corresponding wave of thread deletions

So again we have a new character with a powerful kit and a wide range of game applications
Im making this vague on purpose (happened b4, now, and will again if not changed)
This causes unforseen issues and game imbalances
Currently these are fixed by improving, changing (nerfing?) all older characters that dont conform to the latest releases design, this seems very backwards to me
This not only causes alot of discontent but sparks considerable zeta refund discussion
Perhaps fully testing the new character in the first place is not always possible, or a recently discovered exploit is missed or hard to catch, but the current method has shown that sometimes the zeta gets refunded, sometimes it doesnt, the reasons for doing so seldom make sense to everyone and arent always fully explained
This just guarentees one side or another gets shorted, at least from their own point of view

So when there is an imbalance, which absoloutly must be fixed
Howabout a built in mechanism to the zeta system that can let off all this steam?
Even without the abilities you used your zeta on suddenly changing or vanishing, many players have certainly wished to try something else or didnt like the abilities in actually practical use

Propose enacting a system where players can voluntarily remove their own zetas
Perhaps paying a high credit cost or losing 10-25% of the materials
To discourage overuse of this feature

I think this would mollify alot of the unhappy players now (and the next time too)

"and i will show you ... where the iron crosses grow..."

Replies

• Options
    And what's the next step? Moving gear around? What's the point of new toons and metas if you are basically moving items equipped to previous toons to new "skins"?
  • Osirisreborn
    1017 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    First and formost were not talking about gear, at all
    Were talking about zetas and it wouldnt be free
    We could basically have a system where YOU could decide
    Or continue to have it DECIDED FOR YOU
    I dunno, like five times now, the effect that i zetad no longer exists
  • Options
    Im really just trying to be positive about it dude
    I could easily have written another three paragraphs based on what im really thinking
  • Options
    I understand your point, I'm just trying to say that some of those zetas actually have a great use for a certain time and a relatively cheap refund (losing some zeta mats, paying credits) does not conpensate the benefits.
    The GMY leader zeta was indeed useless, as Bastila lead rendered it worthless just a few days after the GMY rework. On tge other hand that Finn zeta was great before C3 and provided an easy way to top raid rewards after C3 was introduced. Over two months was plenty of time to profit from 20 zeta mats.

Perhaps if you could "refund" a zeta by losing 10+ mats, it would be a something to consider. But anything less is a cheap price to pay
  • Options
    If it cost 10 i would move three right now