TW Tiers. Time for more?

With more and more content coming out. More and more players are hitting 4 and 5 million GP. Its natural progression of the game.

Alas we are still stuck from 18 months ago when only team instinct hit that guild GP of 200 million. Of having top tier 160 million up to infinity.

160 will never compete with a guild 30 and 40 million above them...

Is it time? Are there enough plus 180 million guilds for a large enough matching pool to create a 160 to 179 tier and a new 180 + pool?

Replies

• Options
    Just because 160mil guilds are in the same reward bracket as the 200+mil guilds don’t mean they will be matched up against each other. Since the tw matchmaking rework, we have yet to be matched up with any guild with more than +-5mil gp difference. We have slightly over 200mil gp for your reference.
  • Options
    Vorgen wrote: »
    Just because 160mil guilds are in the same reward bracket as the 200+mil guilds don’t mean they will be matched up against each other. Since the tw matchmaking rework, we have yet to be matched up with any guild with more than +-5mil gp difference. We have slightly over 200mil gp for your reference.

We hover either side of 180 and we have only seen a 10 million difference. So that concurs with what you say.

I was unaware of the matchups not following tier allowability.

So basically there is a 160 to 179 tier... Just not a seperate reward bracket?
  • Options
    Matching is not tier based. It’s active GP based.

And when you had a 10M GP difference, I’m prepared to bet they didn’t have all members signed up and the difference was less than that.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    brackets/reward tiers have no bearing on matchmaking.
    a 121m active gp can match a 119m active gp guild for example.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    leef wrote: »

I didnt know that.

Well i guess my thread for original purposes is useless now.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    leef wrote: »

I didnt know that.

Well i guess my thread for original purposes is useless now.
    full disclosure, i'm not 100% certain. I'm in a 200m GP guild, so i haven't been able to test this anymore for quite some time.
  • Options
    I'll check this week. Im going to merc a few raids with a 90 mil guild. And will llcatch a TW as well.
  • Options
    I can assure you it doesn’t work like that. When we were struggling to get over the 120M mark we faced many guilds from the reward tier above us.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    I can assure you it doesn’t work like that. When we were struggling to get over the 120M mark we faced many guilds from the reward tier above us.

that is how i remember it aswell. Especially because we would get just as many zetas for the win as our opponent would get for the loss (not complaining about that, i support it fully, i just feels a bit unjust).
  • Options
    Yeah my complaint in OP has been shown to be unjust because I was wrong about mechanica.