Revan's Savior vs Raid Nihilus

I was in phase 1 of the Sith Raid and had Unbreakable Will on Jolee Bindo.
"Unbreakable Will: Can't be reduced below 1 Health, must be targeted by enemy attacks. Speed -10%, Turn Meter can't be modified, can't take bonus turns, lasts 1 turn."

Jolee had previously been struck by Nihilus's Annihilate and was therefore on 1 health. Nihilus then used Drain Force which of course does damage to all my characters.

At this point, Jolee jumped up to 100% Health and 100% Protection. Just as if Revan's Savior ability had kicked in. And sure enough, the next time a Jedi character was defeated they didn't come back from Savior - implying it had already been used.
"Savior: The first time another Ally would be reduced to 1% Health, if Revan is active, they recover 100% of their Max Health and Protection ..."

Now shouldn't Savior either have kicked in when Jolee was hit by Annihilate (because while Jolee had Unbreakable Will, he was still reduced to 1 Health) or kicked in when someone was actually defeated?
In theory, Nihilus's Drain Force shouldn't have reduced Jolee's health at all and thus Savior shouldn't have kicked in at that moment.

I'm trying to figure out why it did.

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Even though they land at 1% health, annihilate "doesnt do damage", it is possible that the check for savior is tied to damage.
  • Stenun
    851 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    If so, then iit's not really "working as advertised".
    Annihilate + Unbreakable Will reduces the target to 1 health. So if that doesn't count as "doing damage", then when Drain Force is being used no damage is being done as the target is still on 1 health with Unbreakable Will. So their health isn't "being reduced" which is listed as the trigger for Savior in its text.
    If you're on 1 health, being hit by something that leaves you on 1 health doesn't "reduce" you! :smile:
  • Options
    I think you have found a legitmate flaw.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Stenun wrote: »
    If so, then iit's not really "working as advertised".
    Annihilate + Unbreakable Will reduces the target to 1 health. So if that doesn't count as "doing damage", then when Drain Force is being used no damage is being done as the target is still on 1 health with Unbreakable Will. So their health isn't "being reduced" which is listed as the trigger for Savior in its text.
    If you're on 1 health, being hit by something that leaves you on 1 health doesn't "reduce" you! :smile:

If you are at 1 health, and the check runs because you were dealt damage then savior kicks in.

Annihilate is an "instant kill" attack and doesnt deal damage, it bypasses that line of "attack". Most likely so it doesnt have to figure out how much damage to deal with defense and armor negating the numbers.

Yes damage is being done, it's just being negated by unbreakable will.