Chat Censorship[Contains light profanity]

Alright, so admittedly, this is not a very important discussion to have.

That being said, I have a few thoughts and issues with the current chat censorship. I'll address the important ones first and then the less important and subjective ones.

First, the word 'Penetration' is censored. Defense Penetration is a game mechanic. I get it, it can refer to something sexual, but nearly anything could be interpreted as sexual in the wrong context. There are also words that contain censored words that are used in game, such as "tit", institute, petition, etc, which get censored for containing a censored word.

Religious figures: Jesus is a censored word. Muhammad, Moses, ****, Satan, Vishnu, Adonai, Yahweh, Zeus, Odin, etc are not censored. Why Jesus specifically?

Words you can say on television: ****, ****, poop, etc are censored. I get ****, but poop? ****? those are pretty mild and not necessarily considered obscene by most people. Poop being the silliest example. Crap is another silly example. **** is not censored, but **** is.

Obviously some of these are more important and or silly than others, but i can't imagine there are very many young children playing this game. Everyone in my guild is over the age of 18, a lot of them are up to ~40ish with kids of their own, and i find it a bit odd that there's a permanent censorship policy anyway, especially given the lack of global chat. Perhaps just an option either for an individual, or a guild, to turn off censorship could be implemented? I'm sure it wouldn't be extremely difficult to program a third button in the "Chat Settings"

Feel free to discuss and tell me what you think, whether positive or negative, i'd like to at least see it discussed.

Replies

• Options
    Well I can't edit my post, and I didn't think words that would be censored in game wouldn't be censored here, and vice versa. I'm going to subvert the censor system if I can and list the censored words in that post.

1. Chris T.
    2. s-hit
    3. da-mn
    4. s-hit
    5. da-mn
    6. a donkey
    7. a donkey with a hole
  • Options
    SD_Mika: thanks for bringing this up. And see the link below.

As I understand, the point is to keep discussion of Religion and Politics out of these Forums. Yet many Theologocical concepts are not themselves banned words. As Moderator Kyno requested, I have messaged CG_SBCrumb.

Regards,
    Kahlain

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/173411/censored-words-in-chat
  • Options
    Thanks, kahlain.

Heres an example I just ran into while making an innocuous James bond reference 5vbbai4dg2ya.jpg
  • Options
    qh3y08k6ymtv.jpg
    sloon6xu4x5b.jpg
  • Options
    I have not heard anything, at all, back from CG_SBCrumb. Thanks for your attention to this.
  • Options
    To top how hilarious the censorship already is, it uses the English language for all international chats. That means everytime someone writes for example the German word "weni-ger" which means "less" in English, it gets censored only because it contains some letters that would form an English cuss word. :/
  • TWings
    59 posts Member
    Options
    Well there you go, just use german profanities and you won't be censored ! lol
  • Options
    Kyno always flips his lips at me about profanity abbreviated profanity and respelled profanity. But he lets his faves get away with it. And those sorry sobs deleted my son's account just because we have similar names here and real life seeing as I'm a Sr and he's a jr. These dorks aren't as high and mighty as the pretend to be.