Are others having trouble with territory wars?

fletchmars
156 posts Member
edited February 2019
My guild has only won 2 territory wars EVER! We constantly loose and it’s not even close. We get decimated. The other guild have full territories of 100k + teams (at least in the first 2 sections cause that’s all we ever see). We seem to run out of 80k+ teams after the first two territories. This post isn’t necessarily a complaint although it certainly is frustrating, I was just seeing if others had similar experiences with poor matchmaking. My guild is around 62 mil GP.
Thank you for your input!

Edit: any advice is also appreciated

Replies

• Options
    Are you organizing and coordinating your defenses? Most successfull guilds have clear strategies for where to place stronger teams, and who to save for Offense. It also helps to scout the guild you’re facing using SWGOH.gg. We face a lot of disorganized guilds and they are easy targets.
  • Options
    We aren’t an extremely advanced guild so I’m not exactly sure what you mean by organizing and coordinating. We place the strongest defenses in the front but that’s about it. I’m in college and don’t have enough time to micromanage each players inventory and tell them what to place where. Also that would get annoying very quick as they should be able to place what they want where they want. If that is what you mean and makes sense. As for swgoh.gg do I just search the guilds name? Thanks
  • Gannon
    1632 posts Member
    Options
    There's really no simple solution or quick fix, but you can catch up and even get ahead if you are willing to put in the effort and time.

First off, you gotta decide if TW is going to be a priority for your guild. Not everyone likes it or has time to contribute multiple times a day. If TW is a priority for you, you need active members who can contribute.

Second, get a list of hard counters to the most common meta teams. Study it, learn how the teams work and their weaknesses.

Then coordinate with your guild in farming those counters. They need to be high enough to compete, but not necessarily g12+. Typically g11 is a good middle ground, as hard counters at g11 will always kill a g12 teams, unless it's revan.

Coordination is key to winning, both in preparation and execution.
  • Options
    The possibilities are many, it is possible that they have been unlucky in one, someone from the guild adversary used cheating, farm focus of the other guild is the hard counters of the teams that you use, lack of your guild organization, random of the selected guild to be an adversary may always be disfavoring you.

In short, there is no way of knowing.

Best advice I can give is for the guild to set the goal to reach as soon as possible in 120m of galactic power, where they will be two zetas, even losing. 1 year of play is possible to reach close to 2.1 M per player, so this goal can be exceeded with 1 and a half years of play.
  • Options
    Thank you all. The main thing that I don’t understand is how the other guilds always seem to have 2x the resources we do. We barely fill all the territories and the other guilds have the front section full of g12 zetad teams. I just thought the guilds are supposed to be similar to ours. About 40/50 people consistently sign up for the wars.
  • Options
    From the beginning of the game I went through three guilds seriously.

The first one could not go beyond 110m pg for insanity, whenever we were going to pass that mark someone quit. the guild tried a merger without success and the players ended up dispersing.

The second one mixed people who were very committed to people with zetas in random characters. I ended up leaving after a TB where we lost a star in step 5 by 143 points, and 15 did nothing.

Obviously I ended up getting a proposal for a better guild.

Make sure the best players are with farm plans to pick up the key teams. Grow and then look for more serious players, usually via facebook groups.
  • Gannon
    1632 posts Member
    Options
    Having the front full of g12 zeta'd teams looks intimidating, but it's the result of pushing all their members to get one or two teams that high for defense, the back could be entirely empty tho. Point is you want to have at least enough intimidating teams for the front four zones, if you can stop the enemy, the back won't matter. Keep everything else for offense, but try to push those counters.
    My guild has won nearly every war since they started, and it's all the result of communication and teamwork, inside the event and out. At this point all our members are finishing ewoks and farming variations of that nasty scoundrel line.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    fletchmars wrote: »
    Thank you all. The main thing that I don’t understand is how the other guilds always seem to have 2x the resources we do. We barely fill all the territories and the other guilds have the front section full of g12 zetad teams. I just thought the guilds are supposed to be similar to ours. About 40/50 people consistently sign up for the wars.

If you don't fill all zones, then surely some of your guild members don't help out much when setting defense.

Gannon posted some very good advice. When you notice which teams give you trouble, find out how to counter those teams and farm their counters.

It's also possible, that you are matched against guilds with fewer players but with stronger rosters than yours. They may have more teams for which you have no counters. However, in that case you also set fewer defensive teams in each zone, which would make it easier for your guild to fill them all.
  • Options
    Waqui wrote: »
    If you don't fill all zones, then surely some of your guild members don't help out much when setting defense.

This is accurate. The amount of spaces you need to fill in each TW scales based on the number of guild members that join that TW. So you should be able to easily fill all spots if everyone who joins participates, and still have teams leftover for offense. In my guild, we have some players who prefer to set teams on defense because they don't have as much time to focus on Offense. This works out pretty well for us.
  • EduardoCadav
    390 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    I'm not sure if any of the responses here answered the OP's question, but I may be barking up the wrong tree so they can correct me if I'm wrong.
    My understanding was that you have the activity and communication and organisation necessary to fill the 2 front zones with your best available teams but that your best is almost always outmatched by your opponents (you quoted using 80k power teams vs their full zones of 100k+). To answer your question there probably are other guilds in the same position as yours but they are unlikely to be watching these forums as that suggests a bit lower levels of activity/commitment vs the average player who's reading posts here.
    But also, with an average GP of 1.25 mil per player I'm guessing alot of your members are still farming out shards etc. for legendary character requirements which is limiting their ability to focus down on getting a small number of teams to very high gear levels. As you can see from the opponents you face it is possible to do though, depending on the choices your members are making.
    Advice for if you want to improve in TW is to convince your guild members to narrowly focus on g12 across the board for their arena team at the very least and then g11 for a few specific offensive counter squads. It'll help you set that strong front wall you are missing and also they will all progress faster because they'll improve their arena ranks.
    The other thing which is on the leadership is to be slightly more selective and/or active in your recruiting. Get on discord especially as that's where the most committed players will be, followed by here, Reddit and Facebook. In game walk-ins are occasionally amazing but more often than not casual players. Look for arena ranks in the top 100 if possible, or at least check their roster quickly to see they are keeping it focused rather than leveling every character they unlock... that's often more important than them matching your GP requirements. Recruitment can be the bane of every guild leader/officers existence though so may be frustrating!

Edited a typo
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    To constantly win in TW requires not only good teams and the knowledge how to use them but good advice. Your leader/ officers need to make a plan, set orders for every territory and everyone who joined needs to contribute. Having a highly motivated guild while orders are scrap doesn't help anyone, same with the best strategy ever but no teams to use it right.

If no one is organizing it you should accept your constant defeat, leave the guild for good or talk to the leadership to change things. As the warlord of my guild i'm doing it myself and with 7-9 wins out of 10 battles i can tell you the only truth: It's work, hard work. And someone needs to do it if you want to evolve.
    Frontline defense is by the way one of the worst strategies you can use, Ebb and Flow and even King of the Hill are way better. For more infos look at wikipedia (work!).
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn