what makes zzKRU + zKylo so hard to beat?

Hi guys
Sometimes when I encounter zzKRU + zKylo, they become completely unbeatable if I don't have nihilus... Either zKylo seems to take no damage or he regains the protection that he loses...

I have tried reading their skill texts, but I can't figure out what it is that makes them so hard to beat?

Replies

• Options
    1. Both are very tanky
    2. Both take reduced damage
    3. Unmasked kylo zeta lead has constant health and protection recovery
    4. Damage over times don’t kill them
    5. They’re both super fast
    6. Unless you have a meta team they’re almost impossible to beat. Almost.
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • Ascetic_Monkfish
    163 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    7. KRU’s special gives him 8% health when damaged. So a small hit will actually heal him
    8. Any buff or debuff gives them health and protection. So laying down lots of debuffs will heal them
    9. zKlyo’s special recovers a ton of protection
    10. KRU’s special recovers a ton of health
    11. KRU takes reduced damage from % based damage.

Now all we need is Snoke and away we go!
  • Options
    Mostly under 3 / Zeta KRU lead, with unstoppable Omega and Outrage Zeta: with every special zKylo gets DoT, which triggers health+prot. regen and possible CD reset. On top of that: Outrage regens (a lot of) protection. Kill with big damage dealers and/or protection by-pass.
  • Kai_Mulai
    683 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    healing immunity also shuts them down.
    Post edited by Kai_Mulai on
  • Options
    In addition to the above.... Kylo is like the pre-nest, nest but stacks defense instead of protection up.

He gains 50% defense every time he takes damage (stacking) that is reset when he takes a turn. Meaning if you TMR him or fracture him so he never takes a turn he'll eventually be taking hardly any damage at all.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    In addition to the above.... Kylo is like the pre-nest, nest but stacks defense instead of protection up.

He gains 50% defense every time he takes damage (stacking) that is reset when he takes a turn. Meaning if you TMR him or fracture him so he never takes a turn he'll eventually be taking hardly any damage at all.

Jup, i've had GW battles in the past where my RT was doing less than 2k dmg haha. Good ol' zFinn ftw.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    The second Zeta also means that KRU is spreading tenacity down to your entire team even faster and, depending on his team, you'll be stunned/debuffed all over the place.
  • Options
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    The second Zeta also means that KRU is spreading tenacity down to your entire team even faster and, depending on his team, you'll be stunned/debuffed all over the place.

And if you are debuffed then hes gaining taunt which grants him health and protection
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Options
    Thank you guys! this has all been very informative!

So basically I've been doing the worst possible thing by sending my sith + thrawn at them :P Luckily I've always had Nihilus on that team to take them out, but otherwise I'd have been screwed :P
  • Options
    Id be interested to hear what the cheapest team to take them out is. I usually use JTR but she is overkill. A Sith B team with Savage Sid and Maul maybe?
  • Options
    I like to use Sidious with my Resistance team to combat these guys. The healing immunity that he brings deals with UKR in short order. It's amazing how quickly he goes down once you slap that heal immunity on him. The extra set of Expose that Sid brings is useful with Resistance, too. The fact that the Kylos take no notice of Expose does not help the situation, but once you realize that OG Kylo's defense builds every time you hit him, you can change your attack pattern to let him take a turn (while stunned) so that his defense stack drops back to zero. Keep them stunned, use heal immunity, use Expose to generate TM when needed.
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Options
    Bounty hunters do a bang up job against them with a jango lead
  • Options
    I like to use Sidious with my Resistance team to combat these guys. The healing immunity that he brings deals with UKR in short order. It's amazing how quickly he goes down once you slap that heal immunity on him. The extra set of Expose that Sid brings is useful with Resistance, too. The fact that the Kylos take no notice of Expose does not help the situation, but once you realize that OG Kylo's defense builds every time you hit him, you can change your attack pattern to let him take a turn (while stunned) so that his defense stack drops back to zero. Keep them stunned, use heal immunity, use Expose to generate TM when needed.

I did the same, but this won't probably work after finn's rework
  • Options
    Typically ewoks are considered the cheap hard counter. Some well modded g11+ ewoks with Chirpa zeta should deal with an FO team and you need those ewoks for 3P0 anyway
  • Options
    Jtr resistance team shuts them down.
  • Options
    I can beat em with a zaul lead Sith team. I go straight after FOO then KRU, while popping occasional shots at FOEX with Zader. If I can get EP to stun and Sion to his special it's over. Zylo is always last but he can't take down 4-5 Sith Lords.
  • Options
    Funny, I'm having the opposite problem to OP. I run FO in arena (zkru, zkr, phas, foe, fost). Kru is leadership zeta not the other one.
    Was ranking circa 600-700, targeting bastila or NS squads. Now dropping to circa 1k and getting wrecked everywhere. NS just don't die and or whole squad resurrection. GMY is running amok if backed by Jolie. Tried vs ep/thrawn but spend whole round stunned.

Don't know what direction to take. Zkru needs other zeta and is the only gr12 toon. Others need upping from gr10. FOO is gr9.
    Or, drop FO for Nightmare. Currently zzthrawn (l), zEP, zDV all gr11. Tarkin and TFP gr10. Need to zeta tarkin. And or farm Sion in place of tfp - would I need EP lead zeta?
    Or run jedi. Currently zbas(l), GMY, JKA, AT, Ezra. All gr10. Could sub in OB or farm Jolie. Don't have OR for Revan.
  • Options
    EP lead zeta is a must and you need an absurdly fast Vader. +100 is decent. +110-120 is ideal. Anything more is icing on the cake.

Your Jedi are a ways off.

I use my FO to target Palp teams all the time. As long as my FOO goes before Vader my win rate is probably 90%. Bastila teams without GK are easy, similar win rate, unless you sub in Thrawn for those to fracture Kenobi. Which I don't.

NS I check their speeds before fighting but it's way more of a pain since the rework. Used to be able to wreck them now it's about 50/50. Don't touch CLS Rebels because Han always shoots FOO and it's game over after that.
  • Options
    My rebels are a way off, but maybe the better long term plan.
    Off topic ish but any views on Rogue1. Been farming for fun, but not sure where to use them outside TB