GG leadership: crit avoidance irrelevant ?

Leader: Daunting Presence

FINAL TEXT: (ZETA) All enemies have -40% Critical Avoidance and -50% Defense. Whenever a Dark Side Droid ally is resisted, that Droid gains 10% Potency (stacking) for the rest of the encounter. When a Target Locked enemy is damaged, each Droid and each Separatist ally gains 2% Turn Meter, doubled for Grievous. When damaged by an attack, Dark Side enemies lose 5% Turn Meter, and Light Side enemies lose 2% Potency (stacking).

What am I missing ? As this critical avoidance seems irrelevant? Many of these droids cannot even hit critically ?

B1- can’t crit hit
Droideka- can’t crit hit
B2/Magna —tanks so crit hits are irrelevant

GG— his hits are based on health and not physical damage — critical hits are based on physical damage calculations? So can GG even get a critical hit ?

So this leaves me confused:

1. With his damage being based on health, how does this factor into critical hits ? Can GG get critical hits ?
2. Is GG the only one of this team that has a worthwhile critical hit attack ? As I’m not seeing anything else
3. Does this make GG even a bigger target to kill first ?
4. How does this -40 critical avoidance fit in this leadership ability ?

Replies

• Options
    You are aware that it means that they have a 40% chance to not be crited by the oppositing team. Not that they have a 40% to not crit.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Atticon wrote: »
    You are aware that it means that they have a 40% chance to not be crited by the oppositing team. Not that they have a 40% to not crit.

Not sure thats right. Or the description needs to be changed. If it is as you say it should say "All enemies get -40% crit chance." Or "All allies get +40% crit avoidance." It says neither.
  • Juzz
    366 posts Member
    Options
    Who said GG cannot crit?
    GG's damage calculations based on own health doesn't mean it cannot crit.
    If it were the case that cannot crit, it would have been stated somewhere in the kit.

Also you can use GG leadership with other separatists or other droids or whatever you want to use GG with...
    Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain
  • Options
    VonZant wrote: »

Not sure thats right. Or the description needs to be changed. If it is as you say it should say "All enemies get -40% crit chance." Or "All allies get +40% crit avoidance." It says neither.

it means if they have a leader ability, a unique, or a crit avoidance arrow they wont be as effective.

-meaning jolee has (at minimum)10% crit avoidance against grievous instead of 50% (not taking into account his base tenacity or mods which give him more crit avoidence)
    -revan (who gives 10% crit avoidence to light side allies) now basically would give nothing

-traya gives sith allies 40% crit avoidence with her lead which against grievous means they get nothing
  • Options
    Did you get watch the rework video where GG was critting all over the place?
  • Options
    CamaroAMF wrote: »
    Did you get watch the rework video where GG was critting all over the place?

"So can GG even get a critical hit ?"
    I don't think so...
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Options
    flux_rono wrote: »
    VonZant wrote: »

it means if they have a leader ability, a unique, or a crit avoidance arrow they wont be as effective.

-meaning jolee has (at minimum)10% crit avoidance against grievous instead of 50% (not taking into account his base tenacity or mods which give him more crit avoidence)
    -revan (who gives 10% crit avoidence to light side allies) now basically would give nothing

-traya gives sith allies 40% crit avoidence with her lead which against grievous means they get nothing

I belive I know what it means. I was trying to point out to the other guy, politely, that it did not mean what he thinks it means.

Kinda Inconcievable. ;)

czlgpzuqetpp.gif
  • Options
    Droideka can crit but the bonus true dmg cant, he still hits with physical dmg which can crit, b2 atking as often as he will means even his low dmg critting will add up, gg can crit, magna can crit, only one it doesnt help is b1