Tie Reaper debuff not working or being blocked against HT & Falcon?

Hi all.

Being F2P, I've been struggling in Fleet since Hans Falcon was released and I couldn't farm the BH ships in time to get it.
Having been DS since the start, from Tarkin to Thrawn and back and forth, I built the DS fleet up, but still seem unable to beat most 'weaker' line-ups now, with the shard going all Akbar, so with Falcon, the buffs are insane.
Common start lineup is Falcon/HT/Biggs, with Phantom/Ghost/Cassian etc. in reserve.
The Falcon ALWAYS removes all the buffs from my HT, leaving me target locked and remaining ships vulnerable & picked off quickly.
Trying the same using the Tie Reaper against opp. HT has not worked in last 6 battles (surely not rng?)
The HT takes some damage from the attack, but remains with all buffs, increasing Tenacity.
From reading the ship debuff abilities, they look the same, so my question is, anyone know a reason why Falcon always debuffs my HT, but I can never debuff opponents? :(

Replies

• Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    By buffs you mean taunt? HT regains taunt when it’s removed if somebody on the opposing team has breach (if you maxed that ability). So either you aren’t landing/keeping breach on your opponent or you haven’t maxed out the ability.
  • Adzski
    23 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    10gmayw.png
    2h3vod1.png

Thanks for replying Liath.

Yep, I don't get taunt back on mine either, even though I've usually breached either HT or Biggs.
    So,if I usually go first, breach HT or Biggs, then Falcon removes all my buffs, I bring in Tie Reaper, go for buff removal on HT,which has not worked at all when paired with the Falcon.
    Post edited by Adzski on
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    Adzski wrote: »

And? Taunt is getting dispelled. It’s just getting reapplied immediately. The ability you need to be looking at is on HT, not either of those.
  • Options
    Ok, from the ship abilities, they both read the same to me, with no restrictions/conditions on Tie Reaper buff removal - so should work all the time.
    Same for Hans Falcon (providing Capital ship is Rebel, which always is).
    I also understand that if another ship has cleansed debuffs, ie: removing breach, I won't get taunt back again on my HT.
    What I don't understand, is that in the recent 6 battles I had, not once did I manage to remove ANY buffs from the opponents HT using the Tie Reaper ability, even though I carefully watched for evade/resist, and damage registered.
    These were the kind of buffs on HT at the time:
    96mc7a.jpg
    Of which I was expecting all to be removed (with the possibility that taunt came straight back again)....but nothing, they all remained, every time.

So reason for the post was to see if anyone else seen the same, or I am missing some other game mechanic that I need to counter for, as although my Tie Reaper is close to max, it's fairly useless for what it's best at