Single hard note fleet farm

Prev1
This is such a toxic move by CG, Nest you can get from Galactic bounties & isn't a required leader (like Carth is for Old republic characters).

He needs a standard hard node farm to go along with it.

Replies

• Options
    Nope. They'll earn less $ that way.
  • Options
    But will they?.

If I can get 'close' to the farm, I'll consider buying a few crystals - if I'm £300+ away from it I'm not going to spend anything & they them the second time around.

Is it better to have 10 people pay £300 or 200 pay £50 is the real kind of question. Dedicating 100% of resources since Badstila, Canderous & now Carth & Juhani should at least get you close. But with this round being even harder than Jedi Knight revan (which hardly anybody was close to the first time round) seems daft.

Essentially less people are going to be within a tempting buying range of completion with a single fleet hard node.
  • Options
    A toxic move? Your hyperbole is showing...

Is it a harder mode to farm? Yes
    This makes perfect sense for everyone involved. It’s a business and in the global economy that we live in no one gives two craps about consumers. A company is doing what is in their best interest, what a shock!

There’s already a post on the reddit, you can farm both for under 30k crystals. So even with nothing saved it’s less than $200, Carth alone is a little over half that. If you were that concerned about unlocking him I think everyone and their mother would have suggested you start saving crystals when they were introduced as marquees.
  • Options
    its a shame posts like these get shot down because “buisness and money”. Give up now kido, there’s no way they’re going to ruin their crystal income and with players like above it’s a sure thing it isn’t happening. :(
  • elmarko1234
    165 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    It is a toxic move, they've gone from releasing marquee characters on a basis of a few hard and fleet nodes, or split across cantina & external events for some of the older ones - to today, where it's one hard fleet node.

Saving crystals? seriously - when?

Surely people have been spending the earned daily crystals getting emo-Bastila & Canderous to 7 star. As we didn't know until today that none of the other characters were landing on cantina (Hence to get it done quickly, 200 a day on cantina refreshes & 175 a day on Emo-Bastila since release).

I'm top 20 Fleet & top 50 Arena - all of my daily crystal income has gone to powering up Fallen Bastila & Canderous.

You're either a snowflake whale or a fanboy who can't hear legitimate criticism of CGs poor move. I did plan for LS Revan & got him first time around, as compared to these it was a much easier farm. This one essentially requires you to spend a large amount of money, even if you did dedicate 100% of resources to farming these characters since fallen/canderous became farmable.

This is obviously due to the nature of having many of the characters aside from Canderous on single node farms - with fleet being the worst.

Objectively they are getting worse.
  • Options
    Both characters on 20 hard nodes would have been better than this.

At least our standard energy regens quicker & had multiple free daily refreshes.
  • Options
    You can do 8 sims a day purely on the free energy. Hopefully you're not farming anything else on fleet at the moment.

/s
  • Options
    And if HK is the 5th character needed, then he's been around for ages and a lot of people already have him at 7* so there would be one less character to farm than there was for Jedi Revan. So it's probably a trade-off. A toxic move? That sounds a little overly dramatic, lol.
  • Options
    And if HK is the 5th character needed, then he's been around for ages and a lot of people already have him at 7* so there would be one less character to farm than there was for Jedi Revan. So it's probably a trade-off. A toxic move? That sounds a little overly dramatic, lol.

It's really all about Carth.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Options
    Snaklor wrote: »
    A toxic move? Your hyperbole is showing...

Is it a harder mode to farm? Yes
    This makes perfect sense for everyone involved. It’s a business and in the global economy that we live in no one gives two craps about consumers. A company is doing what is in their best interest, what a shock!

There’s already a post on the reddit, you can farm both for under 30k crystals. So even with nothing saved it’s less than $200, Carth alone is a little over half that. If you were that concerned about unlocking him I think everyone and their mother would have suggested you start saving crystals when they were introduced as marquees.

I hope you realize how messed up your entire post is when taken in context of the real world as opposed to this money grubbing fantasy land that EA has you living in......

Of course its a toxic move.
  • Options
    I'm top 20 Fleet & top 50 Arena - all of my daily crystal income has gone to powering up Fallen Bastila & Canderous.

You're either a snowflake whale or a fanboy who can't hear legitimate criticism of CGs poor move. I did plan for LS Revan & got him first time around, as compared to these it was a much easier farm. This one essentially requires you to spend a large amount of money, even if you did dedicate 100% of resources to farming these characters since fallen/canderous became farmable.

so you are getting 250 crystalls instead of 900 a day from arenas and still expect to get a new shiny toy for free?
    maybe get your head straight again :)
    its not toxic if cg doesnt want the top 100 full of the next legendary/journey character if they dont even have to spend anything dont you think?
  • elmarko1234
    165 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Options

so you are getting 250 crystalls instead of 900 a day from arenas and still expect to get a new shiny toy for free?
    maybe get your head straight again :)
    its not toxic if cg doesnt want the top 100 full of the next legendary/journey character if they dont even have to spend anything dont you think?
    1. It's not top 100 it's top 50.
    2. It's a matter of focus, not all of the top 100 would have spent all daily income on acquiring these characters.

Some of us skipped OG Falcon & GG to focus on Canderous & Badstila.

4. I'm not opposed to spending something, however - the rate/cost of getting Carth to 7 star compared to any previous character likely required to obtain for a journey is toxic.

The last Revan attempt was considered hard by many - but compared to this it was easy (twice the nodes to farm characters on).
  • Options
    you dont need cantina refreshes for the farm
    so you can use those 300 for the ship energy and you get your 24 battles a day

if you dedicated all your ressources to fast farm canderous and bastila while not being able to save crystalls then your income is too low for getting him the first time

this has always been like that
    nothing new here

a lot of people get 500 - 900 from arenas per day
    you are way off income wise
  • Options
    you dont need cantina refreshes for the farm
    so you can use those 300 for the ship energy and you get your 24 battles a day

if you dedicated all your ressources to fast farm canderous and bastila while not being able to save crystalls then your income is too low for getting him the first time

this has always been like that
    nothing new here

a lot of people get 500 - 900 from arenas per day
    you are way off income wise

fleet battles have node refresh costs (25, 50, 100, ...)
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Options
    "a lot" is a very large stretch. There's only ten people in each shard of squad and fleet getting anything close to the necessary amount of crystals. And you'd need to be Top 10 in both to realistically have either a stash of crystals large enough or the ability to earn enough to farm both starting now.

Considering there's thousands of players in each shard, for argument's sake let's say 2,500 semi-active or greater: your "a lot" equates to less than or equal to 2.5% of the average shard.

2.5% isn't "a lot" in any realistic not hyperbolic sense of the phrase.
  • Options
    "Toxic" is one of those words that people have made meaningless through overuse. It's gotten to where anything somebody doesn't like is "toxic."

Would I rather he was easier to farm? Sure. Do I expect CG to change it because they saw me complaining about it on a forum? Not in a million years.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    "a lot" is a very large stretch. There's only ten people in each shard of squad and fleet getting anything close to the necessary amount of crystals. And you'd need to be Top 10 in both to realistically have either a stash of crystals large enough or the ability to earn enough to farm both starting now.

Considering there's thousands of players in each shard, for argument's sake let's say 2,500 semi-active or greater: your "a lot" equates to less than or equal to 2.5% of the average shard.

There's only 10 people per shard per payout hour recieving the crystals. But, considering that not all payouts are optimally covered, that's still not that much.
  • Options

lets simplify the math and take people with at least top 10 in both arenas
    thats 450+ crystalls income that 240 people per shard could get
    so even if my math is oversimplified, there are WAAAYYY more people getting top 10 rewards per day than 10

• elmarko1234
    165 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Jarvind wrote: »
    "Toxic" is one of those words that people have made meaningless through overuse. It's gotten to where anything somebody doesn't like is "toxic."

Would I rather he was easier to farm? Sure. Do I expect CG to change it because they saw me complaining about it on a forum? Not in a million years.
    It's true in this case, gaming has descended so far into this toxic cansio style system of loot-boxes & paid for energy crystals.

Pardon me for preferring the days where I could buy a game for £30 or later on pay a nice £10 a month to get the content instead of the new standard of £300 a character some are paying.

EA is the worst thing to happen to gaming & it's a **** shame they have the rights to star wars games.
  • Options
    Fair enough. Forgot about multiple payouts. Also not taking into account shard chats etc. And "could get" is again relative. Get a whale that locks down #1 for every 24 hr period, for example. Throws the numbers off.
  • Options
    The last Revan attempt was considered hard by many - but compared to this it was easy (twice the nodes to farm characters on).

If you can get to them. Carth is on an early fleet node, unlike Jolee. I still haven't managed to 3-star his fleet node yet.

Of course that means you don't get ship reinforcement mats to sweeten the deal. The carbantis are nice though.
  • Options
    Fair enough. Forgot about multiple payouts. Also not taking into account shard chats etc. And "could get" is again relative. Get a whale that locks down #1 for every 24 hr period, for example. Throws the numbers off.

whaling means nothing if you are that deep into the current meta
    every revan can beat every revan (if you are familiar with the matchup)
    and we have more than 150 in our shard
    your whale has to actually snipe place 1 at every hour of the day which is pretty much impossible

but nontheless the point is still that its not toxic from cg and we will see enough of the new guy in arena with or without spending
    but most likely not from players with 250 arena income/day that dont open their wallet
  • Options
    Sorry for silly question, why is fleet farm so much harder?
    Keyboard Warrior on the side of the Moderates
    I play the game for fun, if you don't like content, don't like the game, then why are you here?
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Pentagon wrote: »

It's more expensive. The refresh cost is double and you get less free energy compared to regular hard nodes.
  • Options

A. You need ships, which a lot of people haven't invested in
    B. It has the hard node daily limit, like normal hard nodes, so you need to buy those refreshes in addition to energy
    C. It has the slow recharge rate and higher refresh cost of cantina energy.

All this adds up to make fleet farming much slower than normal farming.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • Options
    Keyboard Warrior on the side of the Moderates
    I play the game for fun, if you don't like content, don't like the game, then why are you here?
  • Options

It's not "harder" but it's more "expensive" than either a Cantina or a Light/Dark Node.

Light/Dark - 375 free energy per day + you can get an extra 360 energy for 150c.
    Cantina/Fleet - 165 free energy per day + you can get an extra 360 energy for 300c.

Light/Dark/Fleet - You have to pay crystals to refresh the nodes - 25c for sims 9-16, 50c for 17-24 etc.
    Cantina - No node refreshes - unlimited attempts per day for free if you have the energy

So basically the Fleet energy takes the most expensive aspects of the Cantina and Light/Dark nodes and combines them. To sim the Carth node 24 times per day, you need to buy the three energy refreshes, and reset the node twice for a total cost of 375c per day. A 20 energy light/dark node would only need one energy refresh and reset the node twice for a total cost of 125c per day.
  • Options
    jkray622 wrote: »

It's not "harder" but it's more "expensive" than either a Cantina or a Light/Dark Node.

Light/Dark - 375 free energy per day + you can get an extra 360 energy for 150c.
    Cantina/Fleet - 165 free energy per day + you can get an extra 360 energy for 300c.

Light/Dark/Fleet - You have to pay crystals to refresh the nodes - 25c for sims 9-16, 50c for 17-24 etc.
    Cantina - No node refreshes - unlimited attempts per day for free if you have the energy

So basically the Fleet energy takes the most expensive aspects of the Cantina and Light/Dark nodes and combines them. To sim the Carth node 24 times per day, you need to buy the three energy refreshes, and reset the node twice for a total cost of 375c per day. A 20 energy light/dark node would only need one energy refresh and reset the node twice for a total cost of 125c per day.
    Thank you, exactly explains why this change to a 'single fleet node' is a bit of a toxic move in my view.

Only thing is you need 2 energy refreshes which land it at 275 a day (as you get a full refresh for free over the day).