Alternative to Darth Revan

Just posting my thoughts on how things will play out regarding Old Republic characters released after Jedi Revan, because I really feel strongly that we're being played. CG's silence, as they say, is deafening.

Consider: Darth Revan occurs in two places in Revan's lifetime, if the player chooses the dark path. But if the player chooses the dark path, Carth leaves you, and Juhani was likely killed by you. That's the second time he becomes Darth Revan. The first time, Juhani isn't around for it, and neither is Carth or Canderous or Dark Side Bastila. So, using these characters for Darth Revan would be shaky, at best.

Consider: Malak was instrumental in the journey for Revan to become Darth Revan the first time around. They fell together. HK was their personal assassin droid. These characters would work well in a future Darth Revan release, with as yet unreleased marquee characters accompanying them. Provided Malak becomes attainable beforehand.

So, then, is Malak worthy of an ancient journey event? I don't believe so. Even I'd he was, his journey would occur long before any of the current old Republic characters. But a legendary event? That makes a lot of sense. Who were Malak's enemies? The Old Republic. Specifically, in the KotOR game, Revan's team (Revan, Bastila, Carth, T3, HK, Jolee, Mission, Zaalbar, Juhani, and Canderous) were his enemies. And even dark side Bastila can be persuaded to rejoin the effort if the player chooses to play the dark side. In short, every single old republic character in the game right now is perfect for a Malak legendary.

So, if it makes sense story wise, what about monetary sense for CG and EA?

Consider: Jedi Knight Revan was controversial for doing exactly what has been speculated on here ad nauseam since. By avoiding this, CG successfully takes the high road, while simultaneously collecting all the players' resources they likely would've received by repeating the Jedi Knight Revan farm. Further, by making the event for Malak difficult, they reward players who invested in Revan or Carth (the best OR leads), cooling the vitriol over those farms.

So, let's flip the script. Would it make sense for CG/EA to release Darth Revan requiring these characters?

Consider: Darth Revan, if released this way, would be attained by a significant portion of the players for free. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me. Further, it would cement this farm in the players' minds, making it the standard expectation for future events. It's very hard to devise a way to make this farm harder while still claiming f2p players technically have a chance to acquire the new shiny. And if players are ready for this farm going forward, how do you fully monetize future releases?

In short, I believe the new release coming up will be a legendary. I believe it'll require Old Republic characters, and the difficulty will scale based on your investment in the faction, similar to bounty hunters with Chewie. I believe Darth Revan will come to the game later on, and require Malak, HK, JKR, and two as yet unreleased marquee characters. I believe Badstila will have synergy with Malak, and possibly Canderous too. I believe this makes far more sense to CG, and far more sense to the KotOR story, than releasing Darth Revan so soon.

What do you all think?

Replies

• Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    I think it dont matter... 50 revans 50 malaks 50 porgs... no new pve content, no new ship content, HSTR still boring super boring.... they keep making money but give back what to the players.... GA ??? Gimmie a break.... time for some FUN content

Maybe make rewards in raids not stink... so ppl could gear one or two new toons

But how about some plain fun content start there put 50 to 1000 bucks back into the game ya making bank on
  • Options
    Doesn't matter if its Darth Revan, Darth Malak or Darth Gamorrean Guard. Just farm up those OR characters or be left behind when the next big meta wave hits.

You could even have Darth Stick Figure Hologram and I'd still farm the OR characters for it.
  • Options
    Meh, if the next Meta is as bad as the current one, I'm just gonna stop playing the squad arena. I already rarely finish all 5 battles anymore. It's a game, and is supposed to be fun. If it's not, I'll just stop playing it.