Normal or terribly unlucky?

Beasthunt
53 posts Member
edited March 2016
Hey all, been grinding these tokens the for the Consular. I just absolutely cannot get a token to drop. The GS token flow freely but this dag on consular is 1 or 2 a day, almost spamming it. I'm closer to getting Sidious than upgrading my consular.

Replies

• Options
    I'm having the same problem with Mace Windu. Seems to have started recently. Maybe they nerfed it for Yoda event?
  • slmcmr
    875 posts Member
    Options
    Hey @Beasthunt. I believe you refer to shards by 'token'. I'm sorry for that low drop late of yours. Here is what i do: if i don't get what i expect (shards or gear) after 2 or 3 try i don't keep doing the same thing. I do some other challenges or one match in GW and do that node after some time. I can't say it is working all the time for sure but i feel like it does. So good luck next time :)
  • Options
    Yes, I meant tokens....lol. Thanks for the responses. I am RNG deficient and only a week or more into this game so I'm not sure if my crying is warranted or not!
  • Options
    I put my change in the opposite pocket. Turn my phone upside down. Play with my opposite hand. Kidding.

I am unsure when the RNG is brought in, but I stopped spamming vouchers a while back. I will wait 3 to 10 seconds between uses. If that does not work I use one voucher, if I get a shard drop then maybe spam 2 more depending if I get a drop right away. Rinse and repeat.

Honestly some days/weeks are horrible for drop rates. I gone 0 for 9 shards attempts on Rey. I have also gone 5 for 9 shard attempts on her also.

Good Luck
    Bye Forums.
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Options
    Beasthunt wrote: »
    Hey all, been grinding these tokens the for the Consular. I just absolutely cannot get a token to drop. The GS token flow freely but this dag on consular is 1 or 2 a day, almost spamming it. I'm closer to getting Sidious than upgrading my consular.

Supposedly, it's a true random system with no mercy rules. That means you could go 0000000111 instead of something like 0010010010.

Mercy rules are basically: everytime you dont get a shard your chances of getting it increase.

You will go through super dry spells (i've even gone 3 days without shards) and then all of a sudden you'll get a shard every time. Its just pure random.
  • Bibislav
    40 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I'd say unlucky. As far as farming nodes go, today I unlocked Dooku cantina node, burned around 160 energy for 2 shards... at least got him to 5 stars...
  • Khayman
    850 posts Member
    Options
    Just unlucky i will go through spurts where i will get nothing on hard nodes or cantina say 0/14 or 1/14 then go like 10/14. It seems to slow as you get closer to being able to hit the next star level
  • Options
    Super helpful info. Thanks everyone.