Yoda - worth it or not

Unlocked Yoda today and go him to lvl60 Gear VI

And he seems rather weak?

Is he worth continuing to amp up or find something else to work on ..

Replies

• Options
    He is fun to play with and he is...yoda!
    To me, sure he is worth it..
  • Options
    A lot of the top teams in my arena use yoda.
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?
  • Options
    Unlocked Yoda today and go him to lvl60 Gear VI

And he seems rather weak?

Is he worth continuing to amp up or find something else to work on ..

I'm F2P, unlocked him at 5* last event and have been using him ever since. Just got him to 6* yesterday.

Even at 5* he is a better support character than Sid, plus paired with QGJ as lead they're pretty boss. Maxed out at 5* he hits hard (With offence up i've 1 shot QGJ hitting for over 9000 crit at 5* lol) not to mention 9300hp at 5* which is only like 500 less then Sid. Not to mention 174 speed with QGJ leader lol
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Yoda, with QGJ lead can go first in arena, pop someone for 3-4K damage with his basic and become immune to one attack before QGJ kills off the first toon. The only counter to this is Yoda and QGJ and perhaps RG if Yoda happens to bring someone to 50% with his basic (Unlikely). OR Yoda can make everyone immune to stuns or other negative status effects when facing a team with Sid and Dooku before anyone else goes. OR Yoda can hit GS with his second special and remove a good chunk of health and turn meter giving your guys more time to kill GS. Yoda IS the Meta. He is fun to play with and has a bunch of cool tricks at his disposal and very good damage when leveled up considering his speed.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Options
    RAYRAY wrote: »
    Yoda, with QGJ lead can go first in arena, pop someone for 3-4K damage with his basic and become immune to one attack before QGJ kills off the first toon. The only counter to this is Yoda and QGJ and perhaps RG if Yoda happens to bring someone to 50% with his basic (Unlikely). OR Yoda can make everyone immune to stuns or other negative status effects when facing a team with Sid and Dooku before anyone else goes. OR Yoda can hit GS with his second special and remove a good chunk of health and turn meter giving your guys more time to kill GS. Yoda IS the Meta. He is fun to play with and has a bunch of cool tricks at his disposal and very good damage when leveled up considering his speed.

Absolutely, and speaking of RG taunting after Yoda's first attack. QGJ humble blow and boom Offense up = game over lol. Tenacity up = Dooku/Sid/Daka counter. Unstoppable = GS/Ray/QGJ counter
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Options
    After using Yoda for a while in GW and area have to diasagree .. Yoda's buffs all require taking effects from an opponent- but if those opponents don't fire any positive buffs Yoda is useless .. Even wth my 7* QCJ as leader he doesn't do much damage at all EVER ..
  • Megadeth3700
    1017 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    After using Yoda for a while in GW and area have to diasagree .. Yoda's buffs all require taking effects from an opponent- but if those opponents don't fire any positive buffs Yoda is useless .. Even wth my 7* QCJ as leader he doesn't do much damage at all EVER ..

It sounds like your not using him right and/or you don't have him max geared. First of all his second special crits for around 8K, his main attack crits for 5K and his area attack crits for 4k so I don't see how you can say he doesn't do much damage. I'm guessing you don't have him max geared because even at 5* he hits pretty hard. When my Yoda was 5*, with offense up, he crit for over 9k on his 2nd special attack.

Stealing the other teams abilities isn't what makes battle meditation good. It should be used at the first or second regardless of stealing buffs so your team has debuff immunity while you take out the first couple people. Then the cooldown should be up or close to by the time the battle is over. If your waiting to use it until after you steal the other teams buff then that's a fail on your part. Don't forget the fact that with QGJ he is the fastest in the game plus gets turn meter/foresight with his main attack.
    Post edited by Megadeth3700 on
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

Yoda doesn't require opponents to have buffs in order for him to use Battle Meditation. Spreading Offense up, crit up, kylo's counter, etc is nice but BM can be used defensively against Sid, Daka, Koth, Dooku, Vader (lol) or anyone else that stuns, or debuffs your team. The tenacity prevents stuns, dots, or any other nagging debuff. As for damage, 4K on his basic while giving him foresight is pretty good. His second basic will do 7K+ and remove turn meter. Saying he is useless means that you don't quite understand how to use him and perhaps need to level his abilities a bit.

ETA, I should have read the post above mine and said +1. I forgot about his speed, he is the fastest in the game with QGJ lead. Imagine doing 4k damage to GS before QGJ goes and finishes him off with humbling blow. Meanwhile Yoda is now immune to an attack.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Options
    RAYRAY wrote: »
    Saying he is useless means that you don't quite understand how to use him and perhaps need to level his abilities a bit.

+1
    Most common problem with Yoda users. We should call that Yoda'itis.
  • Options
    I'm still learning how to use Yoda properly in GW and other missions before taking him to arena plus not fully geared yet. But he still hits harder than JC and about the same as Sid :) so I'm looking forward to having him fully geared and next Yoda event I should be able to get him to 6*