Crying for new META!

So I understand there are those people who have been playing this game since its’ inception!
Got it! But I have been playing for 2 years now and have spent close to $1K ... half of that on Jedi Revan! Again, understood... small amount compared to others! But can I please just enjoy having Revan for like 3 months while he is still powerful before he is neutralized by some other META! I only have 1 zeta on him so far! I don’t even have CLS and JTR yet. It’s so hard to catch up in this game!

So stop crying about Jedi Revan teams and let those that got him the second time around enjoy having him for a little while! The game should be enjoyable for everyone... not just the top 20 players who make YouTube videos! Have a separate arena for elite players! Let us mortals enjoy having only 2 or 3 legendary characters!

Replies

• Options
    You claim to have spent $500, then claim you’d like to enjoy him for 3 months. So you spent no money to get him 1st time around, then $500 to get him the second time around?!
    I am 1 of 4 people in my top 50 of Arena NOT running Revan. That’s 92% saturation. Not because the 4 of us don’t have him, but because Arena has become so mind numbingly stupid and boring. I run chewcrew just to make it a tiny bit enjoyable.

Since he was released on October 18th, he has been able to consistently beat every other team in the game, and only 3 leaders can beat him sometimes (Revan, Traya, CLS).
    That’s now over 4 months of domination. He’ll always be able to beat every team currently out there, so how much longer should it be before there is a team he can’t beat, or even struggles against?

Revan has proved to be bad for the game in general, but it is people like you who encourage it. You spent $500 on a second run toon? Congrats: you just encouraged them to continue releasing overpowered, over complicated characters, and keep rereleasing those characters to line their pockets. This is how great games die.
    Because in order to create a team that makes Revan struggle, it will require 1 of 4 things:
    1) An even more over-powered, over-complicated toon(s)
    2) A toon(s) that specifically does well against Jedi (like GG SHOULD have been, since that’s what he is in SW universe: he was trained by Dooku to slay Jedi, and did just that until Kenobi blasted him. Why they ignored his very existence is beyond me)
    3) A toon(s) that severely punishes enemy buffing
    4) A new, complicated mechanic more powerful and abusable than Resistence’s Expose

They ignored #2 with GG, darn shame that was. So we’re left with #1, 3 and 4. Pick your poison.
    Until then: enjoy the mod war that is Arena. Some of us aren’t.
    Participation trophy? No. You want something: earn it.
  • Options
    I got revan the second time around and would love nothing more than a new meta. Literally anything has to be better than these revan v revan match-ups. It's an incredibly boring experience and doing it 5 times a day does my head in
  • Options
    Wait....you've been playing for two years and don't have CLS or JTR? You're doing it wrong.
  • Options
    So I understand there are those people who have been playing this game since its’ inception!
    Got it! But I have been playing for 2 years now and have spent close to $1K ... half of that on Jedi Revan! Again, understood... small amount compared to others! But can I please just enjoy having Revan for like 3 months while he is still powerful before he is neutralized by some other META! I only have 1 zeta on him so far! I don’t even have CLS and JTR yet. It’s so hard to catch up in this game!

So stop crying about Jedi Revan teams and let those that got him the second time around enjoy having him for a little while! The game should be enjoyable for everyone... not just the top 20 players who make YouTube videos! Have a separate arena for elite players! Let us mortals enjoy having only 2 or 3 legendary characters!

A couple of things.

First if you spent $500 on revan the 2nd time around that's on you. It's pretty common knowledge that a meta only lasts 4 months or so. It may not end by gg but it will end soon. Likelyby darth revan.

Second, why would you spend to get him the second time. If you have a little focus, you could farm the req ftp easily by the 2nd time. And if you did spend to get him, you really needed to save some zetas and gear to get full use.

Third, two years in game is plenty of time to get most if not all legendaries ftp except for the newest ones. With focus that is. I've played for a little over 2 years and haven't spent a dime. I have all the legendaries (though falcoln is only 6 stars). I was ready for revan a few weeks after his first release with no money spent.

And after that i hoarded crystals. I started using them and have hot topic bastilla and Canderous at 7 stars and carth and Juhani already at nearly 5 stars. I plan on being ready when they release darth revan. Then I'll likely enjoy 4 months or so of the new meta.

But if you don't get him the first time, you don't get the same. The meta shifts. It's part of the game. They won't change it because you're not prepared.
  • Options
    Ok! First, take my response with a grain of salt! It’s not that serious and I’m not angry. Just venting a little bit for the average player who is trying to make headway in this game:) So don’t assume my tone is anger or hostile toward anyone! It’s difficult to express tone in written form:)

I am a complete amateur in the video game/app world!

So first off to all who make assumptions! Please Pay attention to what I wrote! I never said I spent $500 the second time around... I said I spent $500 on revan! My apologies for not giving a clear concise roadmap of acquiring him! The first time I spent around $250, but because of my ignorance and not having any clue that I had to farm KOTR characters, even before Revan was released, they were all 3* and not geared up! So I was unable to get him the first time! The second time I was almost ready! So I spent a little to get 2 characters to 7*. Then I had to spend to gear him up! So about $500 total!

The first year of playing, you are absolutely correct, I was doing it wrong! I didn’t know about YouTube videos giving guidance on how to farm characters! So I spent the first 3 months farming Jedi counselor! So yes, I was a huge dummy! My fault for not doing research on a video game app! I had no idea that this was a prerequisite to play SWGOH. I thought it was for fun! I didn’t realize this was a way of life for some! The next 9 months I spent not understanding the concept of building teams! Then I learned about the importance of teams and Phoenix was my first team that I started to farm for free! It was a hellish nightmare! So my first year I didn’t play the arena that much and I spent the silver boxes on currency instead of farming characters! After that, I was trying to 7* Darth Vader and EP! I also know that I’m not the only one who did it this way! A lot of players have high GP and not very good teams because they were farming everyone at once! Sort of hodgepodge! Again, not everyone is a millennial and is app savvy and caught up on how to research game apps before they play! Not everyone is SWGOH savvy! It’s not that serious! I’m just trying to have fun, but It’s very difficult when people are so hardcore about! So my point in my original post.. have an arena or section of the game for elite players so that it is more than just mod wars! Leave the rest of the game for people just having fun! I was just upset that how do you catch up if they keep coming out with legendary characters?

As far as FTP players who have a crystal ball and had all necessary characters 7*/geared up to acquire legendary characters the first time around? Well you should make a video on how you knew to farm the exact players and have them ready before the legendary characters even drop! Otherwise I call ****! But if it’s true, can I borrow your crystal ball? How on earth did you farm all the characters at once? Without any money!? You need to farm FO characters first to get BB-8 just in order to get JTR. How did you know what characters to farm? Are you psychic? How did you know what characters to farm for a legendary character that hasn’t dropped yet? You are amazing! You get that many crystals everyday for free? So you can just farm 20-30 characters at once on 200-300 free crystals a day? Get them to 7* and geared and zetas? The first time around! Again I call ****! I’ve watched the FTP
    YouTubers .. they certainly don’t have your set of skills! They are grinding away and far away from getting legendary characters... even with FOCUS!

So please excuse my skepticism... but FTP players acquiring legendary players first time around? I guess you have inside knowledge on which characters are needed?

So anyway... fire away the hateful responses at me! :)

My original post was meant for the average player who understands my struggle.
  • Options
    I didn't get revan the first time around, I got him now, completely maxed. I still really want the meta to change, fighting the exact same team over and over on arena since October isn't fun at all
  • Options
    Ok! First, take my response with a grain of salt! It’s not that serious and I’m not angry. Just venting a little bit for the average player who is trying to make headway in this game:) So don’t assume my tone is anger or hostile toward anyone! It’s difficult to express tone in written form:)

So first off to all who make assumptions! Please Pay attention to what I wrote! I never said I spent $500 the second time around... I said I spent $500 on revan! My apologies for not giving a clear concise roadmap of acquiring him! The first time I spent around $250, but because of my ignorance and not having any clue that I had to farm KOTR characters, even before Revan was released, they were all 3* and not geared up! So I was unable to get him the first time! The second time I was almost ready! So I spent a little to get 2 characters to 7*. Then I had to spend to gear him up! So about $500 total!

The first year of playing, you are absolutely correct, I was doing it wrong! I didn’t know about YouTube videos giving guidance on how to farm characters! So I spent the first 3 months farming Jedi counselor! So yes, I was a huge dummy! My fault for not doing research on a video game app! I had no idea that this was a prerequisite to play SWGOH. I thought it was for fun! I didn’t realize this was a way of life for some! The next 9 months I spent not understanding the concept of building teams! Then I learned about the importance of teams and Phoenix was my first team that I started to farm for free! It was a hellish nightmare! So my first year I didn’t play the arena that much and I spent the silver boxes on currency instead of farming characters! After that, I was trying to 7* Darth Vader and EP! I also know that I’m not the only one who did it this way! A lot of players have high GP and not very good teams because they were farming everyone at once! Sort of hodgepodge! Again, not everyone is a millennial and is app savvy and caught up on how to research game apps before they play! Not everyone is SWGOH savvy! It’s not that serious! I’m just trying to have fun, but It’s very difficult when people are so hardcore about! So my point in my original post.. have an arena or section of the game for elite players so that it is more than just mod wars! Leave the rest of the game for people just having fun! I was just upset that how do you catch up if they keep coming out with legendary characters?

As far as FTP players who have a crystal ball and had all necessary characters 7*/geared up to acquire legendary characters the first time around? Well you should make a video on how you knew to farm the exact players and have them ready before the legendary characters even drop! Otherwise I call ****! But if it’s true, can I borrow your crystal ball? How on earth did you farm all the characters at once? Without any money!? You need to farm FO characters first to get BB-8 just in order to get JTR. How did you know what characters to farm? Are you psychic? How did you know what characters to farm for a legendary character that hasn’t dropped yet? You are amazing! You get that many crystals everyday for free? So you can just farm 20-30 characters at once on 200-300 free crystals a day? Get them to 7* and geared and zetas? The first time around! Again I call ****! I’ve watched the FTP
    YouTubers .. they certainly don’t have your set of skills! They are grinding away and far away from getting legendary characters... even with FOCUS!

So please excuse my skepticism... but FTP players acquiring legendary players first time around? I guess you have inside knowledge on which characters are needed?

1) Hoard resources for the next big meta wave. Stop investing in hodge podge nonsense. 30k crystals will be a nice stash.
    2) Did you see the Darth Gamorrean Guard pic? It also had other Old Republic characters along with HK 47. Which is a strong enough clue in my opinion that you should be farming OR full speed in preparation for this Legendary/Hero Journey.
    3) It is not inside knowledge, just got to observe their release methods, watch out for the clues and calculate whether you have enough to go all in to get it the first time around. If you missed getting it the first time around, you should be better prepared to acquire it the 2nd time around without spending $500.
  • Options

If you grind a good arena team and a good fleet arena you can net 800 or 900 crystals a day. It's a slog to get there but doable. If you're not competitive it may not be for you though.

The top 50 in arena is competitive below that, it is less so. I'm not sure creating another arena would help. You'd still have to make the rewards better and you'd have what you have now. Those that compete get better rewards.

And after playing for a few uears, you can start to tell which marques are important and which ones aren't. Being familiar with the kotor lore helps. When they dropped 5 kotor toons, it was almost a sure bet you would need them for revan. And with the community having called for darth revan and the way revan's kit was released, darth revan is a very good possibility.
  • Options

Thank you for your $500 explanation, makes much more sense.
    Secondly: there is no more hate being thrown your way than what you have dished out. Like in your first post: “So stop crying about Jedi Revan teams and let those that got him the second time around enjoy having him for a little while!” When you tell people to stop crying, you open yourself to a little jesting. But all in good fun!!! 😊
    Now for this recent quote of yours:
    “I was just upset that how do you catch up if they keep coming out with legendary characters?”
    I think this is the grand point you are posting about. There are three answers...
    1. You pay big money for first round meta teams
    2. You never catch up
    3. You work around it

Right now there is no Revan work-around. I am able to make a CLS, Chewy, Han, 3po, Nest team work against very top tier arena Revans with god mods. I do not have equal god mods. I win on offense about 60% of the time. I lose on defense 100% of the time. As I said previously: this has been going on for over 4 months now.

One thing I don’t think you realize yet: A Revan team will ALWAYS be able to beat every current other team. Not just now, but moving forward. It will take a new team, reworked toons or a Revan nerf just to have a single team who can stop that. You asked if you could please enjoy Revan for 3 months. I assure you: everyone WILL be enjoying Revan for a good long time. In swgoh history: no team has had this kind of power, for this long, with 90% arena saturation.
    There is severe unbalance in the game right now. We need a Jedi Luke to bring balance back...
    Participation trophy? No. You want something: earn it.
  • Options
    I got revan the second time around and would love nothing more than a new meta. Literally anything has to be better than these revan v revan match-ups. It's an incredibly boring experience and doing it 5 times a day does my head in

Agreed. I have my Revan squad all g12 with all 5 required zetas and am now finishing mid 30's - best arena results ever. I so miss my previous arena squad under CLS that would sometimes crack top 100. Revan mirror matches are so not fun.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    i like the revan meta.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    dimi4a wrote: »
    leef wrote: »
    i like the revan meta.

News Flash for ya: Darth Revan will be even more OP with a more complicated kit in order to counter his Light side self, and so will the next meta, and the next, and the next untill this game ends up having a god like unbeatable toon that will dominate 99% of the meta!

I'm hoping you're wrong, and the just have serious anti jedi, Buffs and assists, plus anti revive. That seems like the easiest way to deal with Revan
  • cannonfodder_iv
    992 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    There are very easy OP ways to deal with Revan, just as a single character was introduced to turn the EP meta on its head (I'm looking at you Bastila Shan). A hard counter to Revan would include any of the following in his/her kit:
    • When Darth Whoever is in the leader slot, opposing jedi cannot gain buffs.
    • Darth Whoever ignores taunt during their turn.
    • Darth Whoever inflicts Deathmark and Buff Immunity on target for X turns, which cannot be copied or dispelled.
    • Darth Whoever dispels all debuffs on his/her basic.

My favorite would be the first bullet. It would essentially turn Revan into an offense only team in squad arena, GA and TW.

Traya isn't far off from being able to defend against Revan with her kit. Removing any one of the lynch pins that make Revan successful (the buffs / buff sharing from GMY / leadership speed boost / Savior / revive, etc.) would tip the scales.

That said, I think they totally missed the boat by not giving GG some ferocious anti-jedi components to his kit. The only reason I could think of why they didn't, given that the GG squad is currently harder to obtain than the Revan squad (and may be in the future depending on where B1 and Droideka end up), is because they don't want Jedi Luke to be too easily dethroned when he makes his appearance.

I've vacillated between CG having a solid long term character road map and totally winging it, and I think that road map exists, and if we saw it we would think "ohhhhhhh, that makes sense". We're just in the valley of Revan despair until the next lead comes out. If history repeats itself, which it surely never does, Old Republic Darth Whoever isn't far away (and cannot come too soon).