Back to earning 500 Crystals, thanks 5* QGJ

Preemo_Magin
1826 posts Member
edited March 2016
I was training QGJ just as a hedge right after they decided to "insert mandatory commentary on how Poe was destroyed and expect replies how everyone is so happy now" and...well yes, you can win with Droids...with some luck HK led pure droids or Poogle led droids with GS can climb up...painfully.

But I was having trouble winning more than losing. Especially, the more droids climb the harder it gets, the more Phasma/Kylo/Poogle/Poe even more difficult.

This went on for 4 weeks, climbing #10 was just needing two refreshes.

I decided to try QGJ ... Even a 5* QGJ...

INSTA-WIN

Yes, I get picked a lot for having a 5* leader in a 100% mature server. And they still lose a lot.

Replies

• Dario
    326 posts Member
    Options
    Cool story tell it again
  • Options
    I was doing pretty hot with him till last week (nov launch server).

Then I went a few days not being able to beat any droid teams. Did they get a temporary buff that was reverted?

Now I see tons of Phasma(l)/Dooku/Daka/ST Han/QGJ or other DPS.

I'm getting wrecked, and went from holding 1-3 fairly consistantly with maybe a drop to the teens at night to #44 last night.

I still see quite a few other leaders, but QGJ speed bonus is a fairly easy gain to see/feel. No RNG involved
    Knights of the Mobile Republic
  • Preemo_Magin
    1826 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Arillian wrote: »
    I was doing pretty hot with him till last week (nov launch server).

Then I went a few days not being able to beat any droid teams. Did they get a temporary buff that was reverted?

Now I see tons of Phasma(l)/Dooku/Daka/ST Han/QGJ or other DPS.

I'm getting wrecked, and went from holding 1-3 fairly consistantly with maybe a drop to the teens at night to #44 last night.

I still see quite a few other leaders, but QGJ speed bonus is a fairly easy gain to see/feel. No RNG involved

But what are you using? Most QGJ in my server rank a combination of QGJ with speed teams:

Yoda, Rey, GS, Dooku, Daka, Lumi, Sid, etc.

I particularly began practicing with Dooku / Daka and GS (poor man's Rey) and Lumi. I have ALL Droids max everything (except HK at 6*) and I could not win "every time" at all. But there is a consistent number of droids lurking around that at prize time snipe heavily

• Drake23
    866 posts Member
    Options
    The problem with the 5 Star QGJ is that everyone is attacking you and you loose more places. They see it is easier to attack a 5 Star QGJ than a 7 Star droid team.
    Drake23, Its a trap
  • Devour
    262 posts Member
    Options
    If you are in the top 50 with a 5* anything, you play on a weak server.
  • Options
    Drake23 wrote: »
    The problem with the 5 Star QGJ is that everyone is attacking you and you loose more places. They see it is easier to attack a 5 Star QGJ than a 7 Star droid team.

Very true! It's a honeypot trap. I'll share an update on how far I go down around 5:00 ET. Droid was a roller coaster down too.

• Drake23
    866 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

Very true! It's a honeypot trap. I'll share an update on how far I go down around 5:00 ET. Droid was a roller coaster down too.

I has good experience in doing 4 fights with QGJ and the last with my old Phasma, Sid, Kylo Team

Drake23, Its a trap
  • Options

I has good experience in doing 4 fights with QGJ and the last with my old Phasma, Sid, Kylo Team

Not sure I UNDERSTOOD. What do you mean?

• Drake23
    866 posts Member
    Options
    You are doing 4 fights with QGJ and in the last fight you switching to your 7 Star team to avoid attacks in the night
    Drake23, Its a trap
  • Options
    Ahh. Ok. I haven't yet done so but it's good idea. But I'd need to setup a Droid team that is easiest to kill for the Chingon Jinns
  • Options
    Easy on offense. Defensively a 5* QGJ is killed by a sneeze
  • Options
    Yes. Sunday gets 6*. I am finding Droid enemies provide an easy ladder to go up, up, up, up. Just having QGJ, GS and Dooku attack first and Lumi heal so early makes Droids a guaranteed win...I am sad for the Droids teams which while viable in offense, sure must climb back aggressively every day.

I don't know if my 7* Dooku and 7* Daka are making others avoid my team due to RNG but I am pushed to 18 territory not 40 like with the Droids.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    If a 5* Jinn is "easy mode" for you, then count your blessings: you have a very easy shard.
    Oh, and since you continue with your claims about how unviable droid teams are, there are as many Poggle-led teams in my top 20 right now as Jinn-led teams.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    How can it be easy when the Droid teams consist of 88, 86, Poogle (lead), Poe and GS and HK lead teams have the normal Droid synergy all 7* max ability regular and specials, max gear including the last cuffs or 50 slots? And when these 7* run from rank 1 to rank 200 (as far as the Rank will show).
  • USAmazing
    1157 posts Member
    Options
    QGJ = clone team like everyone else....lame
    "You don't want to sell me death sticks... You want to go home and rethink your life. "
    Obi-Wan Kenobi