High HP Squad

Mattercito
70 posts Member
edited March 2016
Could a high hp squad be viable for Arena / GW? There's a player on my server that ranks top 20 everyday with this maxed line-up:

Phasma (L)
Tusken Raider
Fives
Savage Opress
Resistance Pilot

Obviosly RP is not a high hp toon, she is the DPS character of the squad and she can dodge attacks because of her high tenacity.

The point is, could the next lineup be viable for GW or Arena?

Barris Offee (L)
Savage Opress
Tusken Raider
Fives
Phasma

Replies

• Options
    You'll probably want another healer if it's for GW, I've been toying around with a high HP team as well, I've been starring Tusken Raider,savage,initiate, and barriss, I want to include 5s too, but I'm busy farming QGJ
  • Options
    Really lack the damage here. I'm going to start playing around some with a HP team, but need damage otherwise you just become a 2 minute kill as opposed to 1 minute.

I face a team he can get up top 5 on a late NOV shard with it
    Rex lead
    Phasma
    Kylo
    5's
    Dooku

Tons of HP with the Rex Boost, better damage than Barriss lead. Still a very easy win if you attack right and it takes over 90 seconds usually due to HP.
  • Heisen
    364 posts Member
    Options
    I plow through most of GW with this lineup which is a similar idea:
    Bariss (L)
    Lumi
    Savage
    Nightsister Initiate
    Kylo Ren

In arena, it's okay, due to the usual bad AI. The only problem I have found are the Poe+Poggle droid teams which will absolutely wreck you. To beat that team reliably you have to be able to at least take out IG-88 before Poe taunts and this slow team simply cannot do that. Poggle buffed droids will eat through your 20k hp guys easily.
  • Options
    I've had some good results with the following::
    Barriss (L), ERG, Fives, Kylo, Rey

Fives slows your secondary threat. ERG stuns whoever has the lowest Tenacity. Rey is your one-shot kill stick. Kylo wants to be 50% life as fast as possible...Barriss is there for the HP boost but you could use Rex as well. Barriss heal is very valuable tho, as you can ignore Sidious 1st round if you want.

(This team really only shines when everyone is 6*+)
  • Options
    In gw, I've done well with bariss(L), tusken raider, geo soldier (not tanky but still working on Savage), jedi consular, and Lumi, and it seems to work. As stated earlier, gets wrecked by droids. That's when I have to switch to speedups QGJ /dooku/etc.

For Arena, I've heard of old Ben versions working well with bariss, a tank, and 2 tanky Dps. It's been theory crafted that a F2P version is possible, but my toons aren't ready to try it yet.
    You guys had a riot? On account o' me? My very own riot?
  • Options
    The only way to do high hit power is to have poggle and hope he doesn't get stunned before giving offense up.
  • Options
    Short answer is probably not, especially on older, more competitive servers. GW and Arena are completely different animals; it's almost impossible to build one awesome squad for both.

Like others have said, GW success mostly correlates to having the right mix of characters on your A squad:
    - 2 healers
    - 1-2 high damage
    - 1-2 high HP,

whereas winning in Arena (offense and defense) requires a different mix:
    - 3-4 high speed/damage
    - 1-2 high HP/taunts
    - MAYBE 1 healer/support.

I have a lot of success in GW with the following:
    - Luminara (L)
    - Jedi Consular
    - Resistance Pilot
    - Fives
    - Finn

Heals from Jedi, speed down and counter from Fives, stun and great damage from Finn, and high damage and foresight from RP. From there I swap in Barriss, 86, 88, Poe, Poggle, etc as needed. It's fun to play and it's different from the sea of Sidious/Phasma/Kylo teams.
  • Options
    High health team might be viable with Teebo lead, Elder, and Daka. I personally would never want to attack a team with those three maxed, especially not if it has more annoying characters that take advantage of the already annoying stuff going on with those three (like Kylo, Fives, RG, etc.).
  • Options
    Teebo