Old player returning, need some advice!

https://swgoh.gg/u/holydarkblade/

Old player who recently returned to the game like 2 months ago.

I'm looking for some advice on what to do next after my imps are finished. I expect another month or two before my shore and pimp are maxed.

I am looking to go for a competitive team for Arena/GA. Currently my NS team allows me to get some crystals and such which is fine for me now. I end up in the 500-200 bracket for rewards. I can't farm for the supposed Darth Revan stuff, I just don't have the crystal income to refresh daily stuff and grind out all those chars needed.

Please feel free to give any advice. However, I am not going to restart since I spent money on this account, for Talzin/Zombie, and don't really feel like starting all over again.

I appreciate your time taken to help me sort out my roster and define a clearer path for me!

Replies

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    If you rearrange your mods, you may be able to climbe to the 101-200 bracket for an extra 15 crystals a day. Speed is king in the arena, and you can easily increase your team's speed:

https://swgoh.gg/p/646867567/mods/?stat2_5=1&sort=secondary_stat_5&sort_direction=desc

Bastilla is a great leader for a jedi team (until you unlock JK Revan), and GM Yoda and Ezra are definately worth gearing.

I would also recommend farming Old Ben and Farmboy Luke to 7* to unlock CLS. They don't need much gear for the event, but gearing up Old Ben for a Jedi team is still worth it (GK is a bit stronger, though, and more versatile).

During your absence, bountyhunters became a stronger faction. With Bossk lead they are really good in GA/TW. Furthermore, they pilot 4 fairly strong ships (HT is up there in the very top), which also unlock the strongest META ship, the HMF, and BH themselves unlock the legendary Chewie (Denga is an MVP. Boba lead wirks, but Boba lead makes it easier at 7*). Bossk lead, Boba, Dengar, Greedo and Cad Bane do well in Chewie's event.

Welcome back :-)
  • Options
    Thanks for the reply and warm welcome! Appreciate it!

I've started on my farmboy farm, its quite easy with low cost. very refreshing after farming only 16 energy nodes forever. Old ben should be next and then its rounded out for CLS. Have a 6* R2 but can 7* him next time he's back. So CLS should be in the pocket next time his event comes around.

Im interested in the modding part though you mentioned, would you mind giving a detailed description on which mods I should be switching over to my NS team then? I thought the mods on them were good, but if you have the idea it can get even better im all ears!

I really do enjoy my NS team, I can take out 20k higher power teams relatively easy if they are Bastilla led. Sometimes ill poke the BH squads but thats a very cautious fight since sometimes the BH put out amazing damage all the sudden and its GG for me haha.

I don't bother with fighting any other teams such as EP/Treya lead, his aoe stun and their turn meter gains decimate me before I even get a turn xD CLS/JTR teams is a given loss so I avoid them too. I destroy other NS teams, but that's cause NS on defense AI is terrible.

Also, my current guild is ultra nice, 125m GP which allows for good TB/TW and Heroic raids on auto farm. Im getting all the characters really easily, with Han and GK almost maxed out. Treya is about halfway to unlocking, need 9 more HSTR raids for her.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    I'm just happy to help :-)

Yes, as you have experienced already, attacking empire teams with your NS is pure suicide. But, since it's all rock-paper-scissors you can find enough other teams to battle instead.

Regarding mods (just a few examples):

Your zombie needs health and speed. Health is better than protection, since when it's defeated/revived it revives with health only. Speed makes it take a lot of turns and constantly gaining taunt - especially if it has +50% or even +100% speed buff. The triangle mod from your shoretrooper is great for your zombie.

Asajj needs either offense or crit dmg set with a crit chance set. Offense on cross. Crit dmg or offense on triangle. asajj gains bonus TM from her abilities, but speed will help her move early/first in battle. Her current mods are quite good.

Your Talzin seems to have been a bit neglected. She needs far more speed, and also dmg. stats on triangle/cross. The general advice is, that crut chance or offense is better than crit dmg. on her triangle, since she often has low base crit chance.

Try moving some mods around and see if it works for you. I believe it will.

Have fun :-)
  • Options
    Also, my current guild is ultra nice, 125m GP which allows for good TB/TW and Heroic raids on auto farm. Im getting all the characters really easily, with Han and GK almost maxed out. Treya is about halfway to unlocking, need 9 more HSTR raids for her.

What guild are you in? I really want to do heroic sith and am 2.5 mil gp but can't find one. It would mean the world to me if I could join.