When will new meta will be released?

Are they gonna announce the new meta this thursday? Or next thursday?
Usually they announce it 2 weeks after the necessary character became farmable. If they stick with their routine, it would be released on 07th of march.
But they might wanna get more & more money, so they might announce it this thursday.
Which one it will be ?

Replies

• Options
    This thursday IMO
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Options
    It will be at least another month or more
  • Options
    Yeeah, Kokie, not early than August. And at that time everyone and their aunts will have the needed characters for the event, so CG will make zero $ from the event. 100% certain.
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Options
    You are assuming we have the characters we need already....at any rate my prediction is not until april but what do I know
  • Options
    I’m not sure where this not until April is coming from?

If it’s not involving Carth and Juhani, the next possible characters have not yet been released. If they keep following the schedule for marquees then it will be later than April, right? It won’t be another rework so soon after GG, and the community uproar about the Revan meta makes me think they probably don’t want to wait that long...

It takes like 10-12 weeks for a marquee to be farmable.
  • Options
    Maybe it could be Malak. Just because Carth, and the others were released, doesn't mean that they have to be specifically required for an event. Malak could require any OR, and the new characters could make it slightly easier, like Carth's leader ability. The gear requirement might be higher, though. And to prevent everyone from using Revan, maybe Malak's kit could counter it enough to incentivize people into using Carth. Or Revan could just be banned from it, but I don't think that'd happen.

I also don't think Malak is coming before Darth Revan, if at all.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    I think it will be 7th of march too. Yeah this is not a must, but it's highly probable and we already saw the leaked Darth Gammorean which makes it even more likely the new Darth thing is ahead.
  • Options
    Drageero wrote: »
    Maybe it could be Malak. Just because Carth, and the others were released, doesn't mean that they have to be specifically required for an event. Malak could require any OR, and the new characters could make it slightly easier, like Carth's leader ability. The gear requirement might be higher, though. And to prevent everyone from using Revan, maybe Malak's kit could counter it enough to incentivize people into using Carth. Or Revan could just be banned from it, but I don't think that'd happen.

Yeah, that is a possibility. The only thing that makes me think this is less likely is that if you unlock Revan you almost definitely highly geared at least Bastila and Jolee. It just doesn’t seem as likely to induce the spending panic that really brings in the money.

That said I have been wrong before and will be again... :smile:
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Options
    Snaklor wrote: »

If it’s not involving Carth and Juhani, the next possible characters have not yet been released. If they keep following the schedule for marquees then it will be later than April, right? It won’t be another rework so soon after GG, and the community uproar about the Revan meta makes me think they probably don’t want to wait that long...

It takes like 10-12 weeks for a marquee to be farmable.

Because april is my daughters birthday and she loves this game....my logic is impeccable....lol but I truly feel the next best thing isnt dropping for a bit....just a hunch and that's all it is
  • Drageero
    151 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Drageero wrote: »

Yeah, that is a possibility. The only thing that makes me think this is less likely is that if you unlock Revan you almost definitely highly geared at least Bastila and Jolee. It just doesn’t seem as likely to induce the spending panic that really brings in the money.

That said I have been wrong before and will be again... :smile:

But maybe CG will design the event in such a way that you'll need Carth's leader ability to beat it. Bastila's would do nothing for anyone but Jolee and Juhani. Maybe they could make the enemies in the event more susceptible to damage over time since Carth's leadership is all about DoTs.
  • Options
    Not soon enough.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    So it sounds like people are thinking Carth, Juhani, Jolee, and Bastilla are in people's minds for the new meta requirement

• Options
    cynerd wrote: »
    Are they gonna announce the new meta this thursday? Or next thursday?
    Usually they announce it 2 weeks after the necessary character became farmable. If they stick with their routine, it would be released on 07th of march.
    But they might wanna get more & more money, so they might announce it this thursday.
    Which one it will be ?

That's not true. At least that wasn't the case for Revan.
    Within the 1st week after the last OR chars got farmable there was the trailer.
    Within the 2nd week there was the official announcement of the event start and requirements.
    The event started 3 weeks after the charrs became farmable.

I assume there's gonna be the same order this time and we'll get the trailer within the next few days, next week the official announcement (Feb 6) and the event start at Mar 13.

Oh and kit reveal on Mar 14.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Options

People do this weird thing where they take one disconnected piece of information, build a whole hypothetical scenario around it in their head, decide that's what is going to happen, then come here and proclaim it as an absolute truth.

The real answer is nobody really knows for sure so just farm whatever you want and don't stress too much about it.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options
    New characters don't mean new meta.

That being said new DS Hero's Journey probably will not require Bastilla and Jolee as they were used for Revan's Journey of Redemption.
    New event could use new character as event character just like Revan was used plus you have 4 new OR characters . I am little bit confused because two of them are LS and other two DS which does not make any sense for me.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    Jarvind wrote: »

People do this weird thing where they take one disconnected piece of information, build a whole hypothetical scenario around it in their head, decide that's what is going to happen, then come here and proclaim it as an absolute truth.

The real answer is nobody really knows for sure so just farm whatever you want and don't stress too much about it.

When you have the information it's way too late...or you just don't mind and buy everything needed at a much more premium price when the thing arrives.
  • Options
    No_Try wrote: »

When you have the information it's way too late...or you just don't mind and buy everything needed at a much more premium price when the thing arrives.

My point is that you never have the information. So you can try to predict what will happen and play to it, but you can never completely guarantee that you're right.

Case in point, I'm going hard on Old Republic and Sith because I think Darth Revan will be released soon. But I don't know that for a fact. If it doesn't happen I'll just be like "welp, at least I have two new squads to use."
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    No_Try wrote: »

My point is that you never have the information. So you can try to predict what will happen and play to it, but you can never completely guarantee that you're right.

Case in point, I'm going hard on Old Republic and Sith because I think Darth Revan will be released soon. But I don't know that for a fact. If it doesn't happen I'll just be like "welp, at least I have two new squads to use."

Then "do whatever you wanna since you can't know" is not really good advice xD
  • Options
    It doesn't make much sense for CG to have a new meta or whoever they will be releasing where you can use the OR toons you already beefed up to get Revan. Whoever it is will need the other 5 I assume. Makes the most sense.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    It doesn't make much sense for CG to have a new meta or whoever they will be releasing where you can use the OR toons you already beefed up to get Revan. Whoever it is will need the other 5 I assume. Makes the most sense.

The most confusing part is there's only other 4 and HK which is not yet OR. Then HK is dark side which confuses people of the viablity of this lineup.