Savage Opress Rework Idea

DaPowerfulJedi
3185 posts Member
edited February 2019
Savage Opress
Dark Side, Tank, Sith

Staggering Blow Basic: Deal physical damage to target enemy and inflict offense down for 2 turns. If Savage is debuffed, he and Cyborg Maul (if present) both gain defense penetration up and health steal up for 2 turns.

Overpower Special 1: Deal physical damage to target enemy and gain protection up (50%) and retribution for 2 turns. If the target is below 50% health, this attack deals massive damage to the target and can’t be evaded. (Cooldown 3)

Monstrous Assault Special 2: Deal physical damage to all enemies and dispel all buffs from them. Also dispel all buffs from Savage. Then, recover 5% health and protection for each buff dispelled. (Cooldown 3)

Pain is Weakness Unique 1: While Savage is debuffed, he grants all allies 75% defense. Savage is immune to turn meter reduction and gains 5% offense and defense for each debuff on all characters. Whenever Savage is critically hit, he gains critical hit immunity for 1 turn. If Cyborg Maul is present, he shares these bonuses.

Brute Unique 2: Whenever Savage takes damage, he gains offense up and defense up for 2 turns and gains 30% turn meter. Whenever Savage gains stealth, he dispels stealth and gains taunt for 1 turn. At the end of each of his turns, Savage dispels all debuffs on a random Sith ally. ZETA: Add heal over time for 3 turns whenever Savage takes damage. Savage has +20% max health if Cyborg Maul is present. When Savage dispels debuffs on a random Sith ally he inflicts those debuffs on a random enemy for 2 turns.
Post edited by DaPowerfulJedi on

Replies

• Options
    This really is a nice kit. Thou, as always, I do have some feedback for it.

To start with, due to the offence down on his basic, protection up on his special and immense surviveability from his 2 uniques, I think he fits a Tank more than Support.
    Secondly, he gains bonuses when damaged from Brute. So the Foresight from Overpower doesn't make much sense, Maybe Retribution instead? So he can use the offence Down from his basic more.
    Third. From your Cyborg maul kit idea you give him stealth. However, seeing as you want him to be damaged for his brute unique that doesn't synergise much. Maybe Add to Brute that whenever he gains stealth, he dispels it from himself and gains taunt instead. This not only synergises with your other kit but also with the leadership of the current maul.
    Continuing on that synergy. He doesn't actually synergise that much with Cyborg maul. Savage can gain Offence up really easy due to his brute unique, making the offence up from Maul practically useless. And despite the debuff focus from pain is weakness, Cyborg maul doesn't inflict any debuffs on any of his ability's. To make these 2 synergise beter maybe move the offence up from maul's basic to one of his specials and add some debuff to his basic.
    Finally, under what leadership are you planning to place these 2? seeing as you refuse to give Cyborg Maul the sith tag. Wondering if you have something in mind. Or are you planning to give Cyborg Maul a leadership that affects both sith and scoundrel allies (would be a pretty neat idea).
    As you can probably see I have very little problems with this kit in particular. Only from the foresight and taunt. I Think this might be one of your best yet. For now anyway ;)

• Options
    One more thing. Seeing as Savage gains bonus offence from debuffs on all characters, Why does he dispel debuffs from another sith ally at the start of his turn. As opposed to at the end. He doesn't call any assists or affect his allies other that Cyborg Maul. Just seems like wasted damage to me.
  • Options
    Awesome. But Cg will not rework him unless there is massive community pressure.
  • Options
    Ichiraikou wrote: »
    This really is a nice kit. Thou, as always, I do have some feedback for it.

To start with, due to the offence down on his basic, protection up on his special and immense surviveability from his 2 uniques, I think he fits a Tank more than Support.
    Sure.
    Secondly, he gains bonuses when damaged from Brute. So the Foresight from Overpower doesn't make much sense, Maybe Retribution instead? So he can use the offence Down from his basic more.
    I can't think of anything else, so I'll use your suggestion for retribution.
    Third. From your Cyborg maul kit idea you give him stealth. However, seeing as you want him to be damaged for his brute unique that doesn't synergise much. Maybe Add to Brute that whenever he gains stealth, he dispels it from himself and gains taunt instead. This not only synergises with your other kit but also with the leadership of the current maul.
    That's an interesting idea. I'll add it in.
    Continuing on that synergy. He doesn't actually synergise that much with Cyborg maul. Savage can gain Offence up really easy due to his brute unique, making the offence up from Maul practically useless. And despite the debuff focus from pain is weakness, Cyborg maul doesn't inflict any debuffs on any of his ability's. To make these 2 synergise beter maybe move the offence up from maul's basic to one of his specials and add some debuff to his basic.
    Okay, I'll go back to Cyborg Maul's kit and switch the offense up to his special. But why does Cyborg Maul need to inflict debuffs?
    Finally, under what leadership are you planning to place these 2? seeing as you refuse to give Cyborg Maul the sith tag. Wondering if you have something in mind. Or are you planning to give Cyborg Maul a leadership that affects both sith and scoundrel allies (would be a pretty neat idea).
    I've been thinking about this and even though from my point of view I don't think Cyborg Maul should have the Sith tag, I'm going to change my mind and give it to him for the extra synergy that I think he might need. Running him under Sidious lead might be interesting, and with all of the debuffs from Sidious' special Savage and Maul will get lots of offense and defense. One thing though is that Savage's unique would be able to cleanse Cyborg Maul's debuffs which would lower his damage output. But oh well. Maybe there's a way I could prevent that from happening.
    One more thing. Seeing as Savage gains bonus offence from debuffs on all characters, Why does he dispel debuffs from another sith ally at the start of his turn. As opposed to at the end. He doesn't call any assists or affect his allies other that Cyborg Maul. Just seems like wasted damage to me.
    I guess I wasn't paying enough attention when copying that part, lol. I meant to keep it at the end of his turn.
    As you can probably see I have very little problems with this kit in particular. Only from the foresight and taunt. I Think this might be one of your best yet. For now anyway ;)
    :)
  • Options
    Okay, I'll go back to Cyborg Maul's kit and switch the offense up to his special. But why does Cyborg Maul need to inflict debuffs?
    The idea was that that would make up for the loss of offence up a bit. And have more debuffs in play to stack Pain is weakness's effect. But I guess it isn't exactly needed.
    I've been thinking about this and even though from my point of view I don't think Cyborg Maul should have the Sith tag, I'm going to change my mind and give it to him for the extra synergy that I think he might need. Running him under Sidious lead might be interesting, and with all of the debuffs from Sidious' special Savage and Maul will get lots of offense and defense. One thing though is that Savage's unique would be able to cleanse Cyborg Maul's debuffs which would lower his damage output. But oh well. Maybe there's a way I could prevent that from happening.
    How about adding to the zeta that he inflicts all debuffs dispelled this way on a random enemy. That keeps the debuffs in play for Pain is weakness. Thou for the other synergies I'm not sure what to do either.
    I guess I wasn't paying enough attention when copying that part, lol. I meant to keep it at the end of his turn.
    It happens

• Options
    The idea was that that would make up for the loss of offence up a bit. And have more debuffs in play to stack Pain is weakness's effect. But I guess it isn't exactly needed.
    I put critical damage down on his basic anyways.
    How about adding to the zeta that he inflicts all debuffs dispelled this way on a random enemy. That keeps the debuffs in play for Pain is weakness. Thou for the other synergies I'm not sure what to do either.
    He's already pretty darn strong. Don't you think inflicting the dispelled debuffs on an enemy would be a bit over the top?
  • Options
    He's already pretty darn strong. Don't you think inflicting the dispelled debuffs on an enemy would be a bit over the top?

1. I did say add it to the zeta.
    2. I didn't say make them unresistable
    3. They are suffering those debuffs themselves as well before the cleanse. Not to mention there are characters who can turn debuffs into their advantage (Chirrût and Ackbar for example)
    4. Random (high risk, high reward. Especially when combined with point 2)
    5. It does synergise best in this kit.
    6. Jedi Knight Revan (nuff said)
  • Options

1. I did say add it to the zeta.
    2. I didn't say make them unresistable
    3. They are suffering those debuffs themselves as well before the cleanse. Not to mention there are characters who can turn debuffs into their advantage (Chirrût and Ackbar for example)
    4. Random (high risk, high reward. Especially when combined with point 2)
    5. It does synergise best in this kit.
    6. Jedi Knight Revan (nuff said)

Okay, maybe not. At first it sounded like a lot to me.
  • Options
    P.s. I just noticed but. You now have the stealth to taunt in the unique. I think you can remove the taunt from Monsterous Assault. That ability does fine without that.