How does GMY gain foresight while marked with buff immunity after direct focus?

cannonfodder_iv
992 posts Member
edited February 2019
I mean, aside from this being a bug infested dumpster fire right now? Is there a mechanic I'm missing?

Revan uses Direct Focus on enemy GMY. Enemy GMY takes damage. Enemy GMY is called by GK to assist. Enemy GMY has foresight on next turn, while still having buff immunity.

C'mon QA - do some work. Mirrors are abysmal enough as it is, they don't need to be broken too.

Edit: There was a mechanic in play. I was wrong.
Post edited by cannonfodder_iv on

Replies

• Options
    Two scenarios I can think of that would cause this:

1) The Revan doesn't have a zeta on Direct Focus, so Direct Focus won't stun or apply buff immunity.

2) The zeta Direct Focus does apply buff immunity and stun on the GMY who already had foresight. If he is stunned, any hits to him will not be dodged, so the foresight will remain. When he takes a turn he "un-stuns", and then GK could call him to assist because he still has his foresight. It doesn't mean that he gained a new foresight.

Otherwise I've never seen this behavior in months of playing Revan mirror matches.
  • Options
    jkray622 wrote: »
    Two scenarios I can think of that would cause this:

1) The Revan doesn't have a zeta on Direct Focus, so Direct Focus won't stun or apply buff immunity.

2) The zeta Direct Focus does apply buff immunity and stun on the GMY who already had foresight. If he is stunned, any hits to him will not be dodged, so the foresight will remain. When he takes a turn he "un-stuns", and then GK could call him to assist because he still has his foresight. It doesn't mean that he gained a new foresight.

Otherwise I've never seen this behavior in months of playing Revan mirror matches.

Had never see it before either, similarly been participating in these abominations for months. That is exactly what happened.
  • Options
    Corruptor wrote: »
    It’s from GK. Pretty much after I annihilate revan, I’m gonna say 98% of his basics give the rest of the team foresight for the rest of the battle. So it’s probably gk assisting with the basic and getting foresight and not yoda getting foresight on himself while being marked.

Regardless, he had buff immunity from Direct Focus, so he shouldn't have been able to gain the buff after Buff Immunity was applied. I'm confident that jkray622 has the right sequence of events and I missed the details in the heat of battle.

As an aside, Revan mirrors would be a lot more tenable if Direct Focus also removed all buffs. Would really compensate for these retribution fests that make matches take forever.