A Separatist Droid Rework Boost

It's no surprise that a lot of people were unhappy with the Separatist Droid reworks. While these ideas of mine would make them better, I hope that they wouldn't make them ridiculously overpowered. We've had plenty enough of that for a while.
Each of these ideas has a brief overview of my thoughts when adding these to the kits.
Note: each idea that starts with "additionally" are additions to the current kits, not complete overhauls of them.

B2 Super Battle Droid
Increased damage by 2%
Just a little something extra.

General Grievous
Mettaloid Monstrosity: Additionally, Grievous starts each encounter with Stealth for one turn.

Making sure that Grievous doesn't just die instantly against players who know what they're doing.

Magnaguard
Disruption: Additionally, each target locked enemy is inflicted with Offense Down for 2 turns. Each debuff dispelled is replaced with the opposite buff (if applicable) for one turn. Magnaguard gains speed up, as does the leader if they are a Separatist.
Stunning Strike: Additionally, this attack deals double damage against enemies without any buffs, and cannot be evaded.
Relentless Assault: Magnaguard has +70% counter chance and gains taunt at the start of each encounter and whenever it uses an ability during its turn. Magnaguard gains 20% tenacity and 20% Defense for each enemy with Target Lock, as does the leader if they are a Separatist. Magnaguard gains 2% potency (stacking until its next turn) and 1% turn meter whenever a Separatist ally is damages by an attack. Magnaguard also has the unique buff "Restless Defender".
Restless Defender: Magnaguard cannot be stunned. The first time that Magnaguard reaches 1% health, it dispels all debuffs from itself, takes a bonus turn and deals 200% extra damage during this bonus turn. Then, it regains all of its health, gains Health Up for one turn, and loses this buff. This buff cannot be copied or dispelled, and does not reset if Magnaguard is revived.

Making Magnaguard somewhat more useful. Boosting his tanking abilities, while also making him a more useful asset to the Droid Army.

B1 Battle Droid
Droid Battalion: Additionally, if B1 battle droid has 8 stacks or less of Droid Battalion, it cannot be damaged by leadership or unique ability effects.

Making sure that B1 isn't killed by Grievous before the due.

Droideka
Reconstructive Revolution: Additionally, each Separatist Droid ally also gains 2% bonus protection for each stack of Charge Droideka had.

Giving a bit more of a supportive role to Droideka. This is the most "idea-y" of the Boost.

But those are just my ideas. Feedback is always appreciated. If you have any of your own, feel free to post them here.
#MakeTuskensGreat
tenor.gif

Replies

• Options
    I honestly think these are perfect. Boosting Magnaguard that much may make them viable in Squad Arena.
  • Options
    Personally I believe only 3 things need to change for the separatist droids to work.
    First, change the way the debuff dispel works for general grievous and B1 battle droid. Magnaguard already has quite the consistent dispels for his team. So I don't get why these 2 have the exact same way of dispelling debuffs in their kit. It makes little sense to me and ends up adding very little. While I still think they need a way to dispel debuffs on themselves, It should be handled differently. I think they should be changed into something like: "Reduce the duration of all debufs by 1 turn". This will also help against undispellable debuffs, seeing as they are not actually dispelling them. On the other hand, debuffs with longer duration still have a chance to stick around for a short duration, allowing a small window of opportunity to use them. Not to mention there are debuffs who's duration isn't tied to The target's turn (in this case Grievous and B1). Fracture and Isolate are 2 examples, but so are the Offence Down from Kanan Jarrus and the Defence Down from Wedge Antilles. Thus leaving the possibility for a strong counter to this open for later characters. plus, the actual dispelling is left to Magnaguard, increasing his use.
    Second, Magnaguard. His bonus turn is pretty clever, but can be countered way to easily. Foresight on the other team or bad timing with his cooldowns will instantly make the bonus offence useless. On top of that his zeta is kinda weak. Thou in this case I believe both problems can be solved simultaneously. Add to his zeta that the ability's cooldown also gets reset when he falls below 1% health and that the attack itself can't be evaded. Seeing as it is a single target dispel, I believe Foresight shouldn't be nullifying it anyway. Not to mention the zeta will be much more valuable. On par with the others.
    Third and last, I get that B1 needs to be fragile...But this is way to fragile. They lose stacks way to easily and can barely get them back. If you factor in the damage from grievous's unique as well they will basically never be able to regain any lost stacks. Even when the other team ignores them. The amount of stacks they lose when damaged needs to be lowered, drastically. From 8 to either 5 or 4.
    So to sum it up:
    1: On the unique's of Grievous and B1, chance the self cleanse to "reduce the duration of all debuffs by 1".
    2: On Magnaguard's zeta, add cooldown reset when reduced below 1% Health and the attack can't be Evaded.
    3: On B1's unique Droid Battalion, reduce the amount of lost stacks on damage from 8 to either 4 or 5.
    After this I believe everything else about their kits will fall into place. They will still be beatable, but it will be a lot more difficult, especially by Revan.
    I do like the idea's you have for them but I don't think any more than these 3 points is needed.
  • Options
    #makesepsgreatagainbutbetterthistime