Gaining vs losing arena rank

Robert
150 posts Member
Unless I'm just not catching the gains or my team stinks and I don't have any...I just realized that you only drop in arena rank from AI battles, never gain. What a crock. Shouldn't you also gain ranks if you successfully defend? Just another way to fleece the player base?

Replies

• Options
    Bit hard, since you switch ranks when you win. How would you suggest we gain rank when you win on defense? Also it wouldn't be fair, you can be #1 without beating the #1
  • Options
    No one has ever conquered a city by successfully defending their own from a Barbarian attack.
  • Options
    How would that work? If you attack the player at #10 and I'm at #9 and player #10 successfully defends they should take my place?

I do not see how it would be fair or make sense.
  • Lirg
    170 posts Member
    Options
    In your case the only way for you to successfully defend and gain rank is if 1 loses to 4, 3, and 2.... 2 loses to 3 and 4, and 3 loses to 4.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    No offense, but this makes no sense.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Tromedlov13
    1559 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Yeah, you are defending your rank against an opponent. Why would you go up for beating a team that has a worse rank than you?

And who is going to drop so you can go up? Are you suggesting that you should go up and someone who wasn't even involved in the fight should drop?

The one thing that would be nice is if your defense wins (if you even get one with current poor AI) that it would count in the achievement stats.
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader
  • Options
    You don't gain ground on defense. You hold what you have. You must attack to advance.