If the next event is Darth Revan...

Prev1
Then wouldn't we need at least 1 legendary character and Jedi Knight Revan in just the same way as we needed the "old" version of Luke (farm boy) with R2 and scav Rey with bb-8?

Replies

• Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    Then wouldn't we need at least 1 legendary character and Jedi Knight Revan in just the same way as we needed the "old" version of Luke (farm boy) with R2 and scav Rey with bb-8?

You mean like we needed a legendary and prior version of the character for Jedi Revan? Oh wait...
  • JabaDHung
    16 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Honestly thinking it’s going to be dark side OR(Carth, HK,emo bastilla) and two sith from that era (maurder,assasin)

Knowing CG and their stupid **** money games , carth and juhani will not be needed.
  • Options
    JabaDHung wrote: »
    Honestly thinking it’s going to be dark side OR(Carth, HK,emo bastilla) and two sith from that era (maurder,assasin)

Knowing CG and their stupid **** money games they play carth and juhani will not be needed.

They'll going to make sure everyone thinks carth, juhani, and fallen basti are required. And when a lot of people will have them 7 stars theyll release darth revan, it will maybe not even be a villain's journey, as hero's journeys are only for heroes. Maybe a regular legendary requiring 5 regular siths, or a galactic chase. Or even farmable in a node. Or in bonus shards shop, or guild event shop. Or maybe a new raid ?

We dont know.
  • Options
    Liath wrote: »

You mean like we needed a legendary and prior version of the character for Jedi Revan? Oh wait...

Nope! I mean like how they might want to require 10 characters (all current OR)

Knowing CG and their stupid **** money games , carth and juhani will not be needed.

I hope not, my assassin needs tons of work
    Aydnie wrote: »

Knowing CG and their stupid **** money games they play carth and juhani will not be needed.

They'll going to make sure everyone thinks carth, juhani, and fallen basti are required. And when a lot of people will have them 7 stars theyll release darth revan, it will maybe not even be a villain's journey, as hero's journeys are only for heroes. Maybe a regular legendary requiring 5 regular siths, or a galactic chase. Or even farmable in a node. Or in bonus shards shop, or guild event shop. Or maybe a new raid ?

We dont know.

If it is a new raid, I hope it's more fun than HSTR...
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options

You said “wouldn’t we need this,” not that they might want to require it. You already need the first 5 unless you don’t care about being competitive so I’m not sure how requiring them again helps anything, and that doesn’t explain who the legendary would be either. The only basis for saying “wouldn’t we need a legendary,” is that we needed one for CLS and JTR, and since they already changed the formula with the first ancient journey there’s no reason to assume we would need a legendary for the second one.
  • Options
    Yeah and sith marauder is the log in toon.

I dont think theyd be giving away 40 shards of a character they can sell you
  • Options
    Sith marauder is probably a nod to the new Sith ships, that there are five of them now, and that they might be needed for something (rumors of a Sith capital ship have been floating around for a bit - as has the Ebon Hawk)
  • Options
    Sith marauder is probably a nod to the new Sith ships, that there are five of them now, and that they might be needed for something (rumors of a Sith capital ship have been floating around for a bit - as has the Ebon Hawk)

The Jedi meta has run its course. We don’t see metas last over 5 months.

We are getting more than a ship.
  • Options
    CG lives by the code. The code is more of what you would call a guideline than actual rules.

• Options

You said “wouldn’t we need this,” not that they might want to require it. You already need the first 5 unless you don’t care about being competitive so I’m not sure how requiring them again helps anything, and that doesn’t explain who the legendary would be either. The only basis for saying “wouldn’t we need a legendary,” is that we needed one for CLS and JTR, and since they already changed the formula with the first ancient journey there’s no reason to assume we would need a legendary for the second one.

You answered the question, so I'll leave it at that. As for the rest, I personally think that if they do bring Darth Revan, to milk it for everything it's worth they're going to have to interject a buffer of some sort, unless they're ready to really close the book on Kotor because based on the forums, that is the most wanted character from the series. I can't see there being this much hype around any other characters from that series. As for who I think it might be, no idea, but from a financial standpoint it would be beneficial for them to do it with required legendary and JKR, again imho
  • Options

You answered the question, so I'll leave it at that. As for the rest, I personally think that if they do bring Darth Revan, to milk it for everything it's worth they're going to have to interject a buffer of some sort, unless they're ready to really close the book on Kotor because based on the forums, that is the most wanted character from the series. I can't see there being this much hype around any other characters from that series. As for who I think it might be, no idea, but from a financial standpoint it would be beneficial for them to do it with required legendary and JKR, again imho

I would think the legendary would be Malak.
  • Options

How many times are you going to say carth? how many sides are you going to put him on?
  • Aydnie
    432 posts Member
    Options
    evoluza wrote: »

We dont know.

We know. He has 3 zeta - journey char.
    Also no hero's journey, just revan journey.
    What do you need more..?

"He has 3 zeta = journey char" ?

So what if they release a character with 3 zetas and without journey char ?
  • Krjstoff
    634 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    So what if they release a character with 3 zetas and without journey char ?

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!! Mind blown.
    That's impossible! Impossible I tell you!
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options

Except it doesn’t help them at all from a financial standpoint. If they release a new legendary now (and I presume you agree there is no existing legendary that makes any sense since you didn’t name one), that has a faction requirement, presumably OR which everybody already has 5 of, so this legendary makes them $0. Then to fit the pattern they don’t release the journey character until the second time the new legendary comes along, which means it’s 3 months away, which means not only will everyone already have the legendary, but they will also have huge amounts of time to farm the new OR characters for free. At the end of the day what you are suggesting makes them no money whatsoever.
  • Options

Except it doesn’t help them at all from a financial standpoint. If they release a new legendary now (and I presume you agree there is no existing legendary that makes any sense since you didn’t name one), that has a faction requirement, presumably OR which everybody already has 5 of, so this legendary makes them $0. Then to fit the pattern they don’t release the journey character until the second time the new legendary comes along, which means it’s 3 months away, which means not only will everyone already have the legendary, but they will also have huge amounts of time to farm the new OR characters for free. At the end of the day what you are suggesting makes them no money whatsoever.

Unless they require specific units to participate in the legendary event, which at this point I wouldn't put it past them to do.
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Options
    Looks to me self made hype is already making them tons of money...they have never said darth revan or malak is coming and players are just assuming they are....they have no need to hasten any legendary because the spenders in the game are already panic farming
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options

Unless they require specific units to participate in the legendary event, which at this point I wouldn't put it past them to do.

Your whole theory is based on consistency with past practice though (despite ignoring the only precedent ancient journey), and that would not be consistent with past practice.
  • CazNeerg
    361 posts Member
    Options
    Is there any hard proof that Darth Revan is or isn't coming? No. Is there any rational reason to believe he isn't coming? Also no.
  • Options

Your whole theory is based on consistency with past practice though (despite ignoring the only precedent ancient journey), and that would not be consistent with past practice.

I would say that ALL theories (at least relative to this discussion) are based on past practices, no? To me it seems you are suggesting that there's no other way to release characters, which I may be misinterpreting...
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options

I would say that ALL theories (at least relative to this discussion) are based on past practices, no? To me it seems you are suggesting that there's no other way to release characters, which I may be misinterpreting...

Not sure what you mean by no other way to release characters. I think there are lots of ways to release characters and they can continue to create new ones, but I do not expect they will change what has so far been a universal feature of legendary events that they can be entered with any 5 characters of a particular faction at the requisite star level. They might make it so that it’s rather difficult without certain new ones, as they did with Chewie, but it was still possible to complete with the original BHs.
  • Options

Not sure what you mean by no other way to release characters. I think there are lots of ways to release characters and they can continue to create new ones, but I do not expect they will change what has so far been a universal feature of legendary events that they can be entered with any 5 characters of a particular faction at the requisite star level. They might make it so that it’s rather difficult without certain new ones, as they did with Chewie, but it was still possible to complete with the original BHs.

This idea is closer to what I was thinking, they already shook up journey events by making them more like legendary events (afaik any 5 OR characters can be used for JKR) so why not make a legendary event that uses specific characters? Also they could possibly release the legendary event then the journey event without waiting for the legendary to return. While that may not be the desired type of release, neither was JKR event iirc
  • Options

This idea is closer to what I was thinking, they already shook up journey events by making them more like legendary events (afaik any 5 OR characters can be used for JKR) so why not make a legendary event that uses specific characters? Also they could possibly release the legendary event then the journey event without waiting for the legendary to return. While that may not be the desired type of release, neither was JKR event iirc

JKR's ancient journey is not doable with any 5 OR toons. You specifically need jolee, bastila, t3, mission, and big Z. The major changes from hero's journey are that there isn't previous version of revan (like farm boy Luke for cls), no legendary character was needed (like R2 for cls) and that JKR is usable in the event in the 6th ally slot.
  • Options
    Jagged_Fel wrote: »

JKR's ancient journey is not doable with any 5 OR toons. You specifically need jolee, bastila, t3, mission, and big Z. The major changes from hero's journey are that there isn't previous version of revan (like farm boy Luke for cls), no legendary character was needed (like R2 for cls) and that JKR is usable in the event in the 6th ally slot.

Ok, I do remember Crumb at some point saying "any 5 OR characters" but at that time the details of the event were still being hashed out. Or maybe I'm wrong, either way, my overall point is this: I don't think CG is done squeezing as much as they can out of Revan, but if they do release Darth Revan this month, Kotor content is probably done for the foreseeable future.
  • MoBlaq
    582 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    http://starwarshub.net/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/goh.jpg

It's only obvious that Darth Revan will happen. Savior, Conqueror, Hero, Villain

Sounds like Uniques to me
  • Options
    Jagged_Fel wrote: »

Ok, I do remember Crumb at some point saying "any 5 OR characters" but at that time the details of the event were still being hashed out. Or maybe I'm wrong, either way, my overall point is this: I don't think CG is done squeezing as much as they can out of Revan, but if they do release Darth Revan this month, Kotor content is probably done for the foreseeable future.

We can all pray