Galactic War Matchmaking

Malgrin
149 posts Member
Hello,

I currently have two accounts, one I started right before the release of TFA, which is level 70 and currently has about 7 7*s, all level 70, with another 8 or so level 70s. On this account, I breeze through GW nearly every day, and when it isn't a breeze, I just shuffle my heroes around until I make it, or accept the loss of 1 or 2 in a particularly difficult battle. It's not a big deal.
On my second account, which I created one week ago, I've cleared GW one in three days. I understand that for a new account, GW shouldn't necessarily be possible to be cleared every day, but that's not my complaint. On the first day, at level 40, my 6th or 7th matchup consisted of a team with levels 50-52. I was able to finish this level by losing my entire A squad, and then my B squad barely finished that level, and was unable to clear further (even though the next level was more like level 42). The following day, I was able to clear, and the difficulty felt reasonable. Starting around the 8th level, I had to work for my wins, frequently attempting a level multiple times. Today, which is the third day, I've reached a truly unbeatable team. I'm at level 42, and I have mostly 3* heroes on my A team, except the 4* GS. For my 9th matchup, I'm facing a team that has: L61 3*, L61 3*, L52 3*, L58 5*, L60 4*. I have no clue how I ended up matched against a team this much higher in level than me, but this seems too high for the intended difficulty of GW.

Thanks.

Replies

• lunarwolf
    357 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    yes. I agree, I face same issue. manageable with my higher account because of lvl cap, but a PITA for my other account where I am lvl 40.

GW has been partially improved compared to a couple of weeks ago, but matchmaking is still FUBAR esp. for lower lvl accounts where you often hit an impassable wall no matter how many squads you throw at it, because they can heal and/or one shot your toons faster than you can damage them
  • jedithreepwod77
    3 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I am at Level 70 but have no 7* heroes. QGJ, Lumi and Sid are all about 1/2 way from 6*. When the update went in a couple weeks ago I was finally able to finish GW. I got thru 10 out of 12 I think. And there was JOY in Mudville. But the last week I haven't been able to complete it except once. I face a lot of full Level 70 with multiple 7* characters. I would like to see a little more of a chance in the game. I have 34 characters 1 1*, 3 2*s, 6 3*s, 14 4*s, 3 5*s, and 7 6*s. Top 11 are purple gear and remaining are all blue gear. 6* Yoda not activated as I am waiting until I can 7* him. Maybe next month. Maybe not. I don't expect to just wade thru the GW with a full powered squad. One of my wins was with a remaining 2* Biggs and all other characters dead. And while that maybe a little to stressful for me at least I won. Some equity would be nice. If my most powerful characters are taken out then lower the remaining levels I face accordingly. I don't develop or know what it entails but that seems more fair. I do like the game but just grinding out a farming plan daily and then getting my assets handed to me in GW daily isn't much fun.

Update: I finished GW last night with 3 characters left. Stressful but at least I got all the rewards.
    Post edited by jedithreepwod77 on