First time in 3 years - 5 arena time outs

I've been playing since Dec 2015 and i achieved a first today- every arena battle ended in a time out.
I was 112k revan team and all my opponents were revan teams between 111k- 114k.
Tried to use chewie and ezra but still timed out :(
Looking for 1 member with 3.5m+ GP roster to help in GEO TB; we are 185m guild who are 70-6 in TW.

Replies

• saboater
    111 posts Member
    Options
    What’s your kill order? Haven’t had a timeout in weeks. I’ve lost a random 1-2, though.
  • Options
    All opponenets in my shard are g12+, so I'm always trying something new.
    I usually try revan, revan, jolee or gmy,gmy jolee and i can get them down to 1 or 2 toons but run out of time
    Looking for 1 member with 3.5m+ GP roster to help in GEO TB; we are 185m guild who are 70-6 in TW.
  • Options
    Get over it the meta will change
  • Options
    And I for one am greatly looking forward to the meta change in the hope that some excitement is bought back to the game
  • Options
    Yes, Revan truly is awful.

There’s no reason why Jolee should be able to mass revive when literally EVERY OTHER CHARACTER IN THE GAME THAT REVIVES can only res one person per usage of the skill...
  • Options
    Umm... have you ever used Old Daka...? Or Talzin’s Spirit Blade Assault? But yes, his mass revive is extremely frustrating. Revan in general is just stupid.
  • Options
    bzlfm7pcmn00.png

Review your strategy, it's possible to clear Revan teams really quickly.
  • AnnerDoon
    1353 posts Member
    Options
    The new dark side Revan meta will be here soon...

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.
  • Fahrius
    620 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Geshtianna wrote: »
    bzlfm7pcmn00.png

Review your strategy, it's possible to clear Revan teams really quickly.

this.
    or you can also use tanky traya and beat him just as fast as in this pic too
    https://swgoh.gg/u/fahrius/ - Discord - Fahrius#1194
  • Options
    I bet your yodas special damage is low. Get it to 6k and you should be fine.
    Que la Fuerza os acompañe!

Kakaka

Telegram @Kakakawakaka
    https://swgoh.gg/u/kakakawakaka/
    Código aliado 192-195-873
    https://swgoh.gg/g/516/global-elite-games/
  • Options
    There’s one guy who’s always in my top 5, his Jolee is ridiculously strong. 60k health I think. He’s the only one I often timeout against. Even Yoda/Revan with masters training have trouble taking him down.
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options
    I'm not top 10 or anything, but the Yoda > Yoda > Jolee kill order rarely fails me. If I lose it's usually due to stupendously bad RNG.

I had a day in fleet a week or so ago where I lost all five of my matches, all against teams I'd beaten a dozen times before. Never happened before or since. Sometimes you just have a bad day.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options
    I bet your yodas special damage is low. Get it to 6k and you should be fine.

My Yoda is 6.2k special damage; the lowest health of any Jolee in my top 20 is 52k, most are 56k+
  • Options
    I never timed out with revan. And I run it for the last 5 months vs mostly revans.

The more concerning part is that you are doing the same mistakes and you don't learn from it. 5 timeouts means that your team arent good enough or you have no idea how to use it properly.

To be honest, I can't suggest much as I'm not using defensive team to beat other defensive team. Using Jolee, and bast is 100% using defensive team. Their offense capabilities are so bad it's pretty sad actually. So my suggestion, since you can't seem to figure out how-to use that defense team, is switch for offensive team, at least for climbing.

A. GmY 6200 special offense is still weak, especially if not using Hoda near. Aim for 7K. GMY don't need Speed so it's pretty much already easy to do.
    B. Chewie is nice, but volunerable to RNG if he's direct focus. he isn't full offense like I suspect you need, the guard is meant to buff the guarded one defensively.
    C. Hoda is best offense choice. Give GMY 50% offense right from the start, especially after getting it to 7K zone, and I don't think you'll have problems really.
    D. Ezra is second best choice. Feed turns to gmy. After GK is dead, watch-and-learn Revan on Jolee for guaranteed crit hit. He is doing bast job - calling GMY to assist, Dispelling enemies - just with much much more damage, much faster, more TM to GMY, and much better overall.

And in case you interested, I'm using Revan GMY GK Ezra and Hoda with great success for ever since revan dropped. Jolee and bast are there for defense and to speed teams up.. and this is not a speed Meta even. All counters to Revan are built on him to be faster, and mirror matches have no use for the speed.

Those +10 speed is nothing for this Meta. Keep it for defense to make it better defense team, don't use it in offense if you are struggling so hard.

TW/GA Counters Bot - https://discord.gg/jZH44Hb | Discord: SidiousIsPikachu#5768
  • saboater
    111 posts Member
    Options
    I use Chewie over Bastila for offense and I don’t even have issues if the focus Chewie. GMY,GMY, then Jolee. If you are forced to, kill GK Before Jolee.
  • Options
    I feel your pain OP! Revan counters make for some interesting matches, since mods seem to matter significantly less than turn order. The matches where I have timed out (and there have been many) do so generally because you get stuck behind this TM loop with Revan and GMY bouncing savior back and forth against a marked or full health target. Meanwhile, retribution has found its way into the match like a bad cold you can't get rid of and foresight pops up at the least opportune time, making matches last forever. The fact that there's a single dispel, which can't always be used (it really should strip foresight and THEN dispel) in that meta makes them subject to randomness, turn order, and other shenanigans (for example, attack Jolee with Battle Meditation and tell me he doesn't counter attack every time - so much for 70%...)

Between my main account that got Revan first go and an alt that got Revan second go, I've got well over 500 wins against Revan. I've easily beaten better modded teams (315+ Revans, 6800+ GMY) and I've lost to teams with mostly blue and purple mods. Then I've rematched those same teams using the same strategy and beat them in under two minutes. I wish there was some rhyme or reason to it all that didn't require move by move analysis of each of my 500 wins, but I can't figure it out.

It's time for the jedi to end...