Viability of a DOT team?

GunnerFCm
154 posts Member
edited March 2019
I thought it might be fun to do some theory crafting and build a Damage Over Time team. Carth is a ways away for me so I'm thinking a team of:

Zader (for dots sticking around)
Mission (damage)
Zalbar (taunt)
Wampa (ramping damage)
...and one other (currently Zylo for dots on basic but maybe Canderous when I get him to 7*)

Not arena viable but decent in TW and GA, and maybe have a home in Sith/Tank raid? Anyone try this out? Have a suggestion on a better 5th? Just thought it would be fun to play with a different team than what we all normally see/run...
Post edited by GunnerFCm on

Replies

• Bouu
    109 posts Member
    Options
    If you’re just looking for a fun sandbox style use them in GW and boba as a fifth. I think it’s fun to stack up all I can then throw lightsabers and execute.

This team won’t work well in Sith Raid due to stacking tenacity. It may get some damage in tank? Either way I enjoyed the play style
  • Options
    I totally forgotten when I first Zeta'd Vader I ran his with Boba. Thanks!
  • Pentagon
    101 posts Member
    Options
    Does tenacity render this ineffective in tier 6 Sith?
    Keyboard Warrior on the side of the Moderates
    I play the game for fun, if you don't like content, don't like the game, then why are you here?
  • Options
    Oh yes, a dot team is fun! Totally agree about Boba being a given. I'd also like to add that Tusken Shaman is a good idea. Double dots on basic, and the heal is not bad for raid/GW sustainability :)
  • Options
    Pentagon wrote: »
    Does tenacity render this ineffective in tier 6 Sith?

I have used a dot team in phase 3 of the sith raid, tier 6. It works, especially if you take out 2/3 swords with a previous team before going in. Traya is susceptible to dots when toppled, but stacks tenacity with every killed sword.

I used zVader, zWampa, Boba, Tusken Shaman and Thrawn. Could stack about 9-12 dots and have Wampa go to town + saber throws and execute. Steadily did about 6 million if I remember correctly.
  • Options
    Dot teams are mega fun. I run carth, zaalbar, mission, ordo, nest, but the bad part is FO counters them pretty hard and a lot of people have FO. Every time you dot them they gain 5% health and protection.

1tgmdy8tnada.jpeg
  • Options
    Hadn't even thought of that counter. Thanks for the tip! I was thinking they'd be exclusively offense anyway. Seems the kind of team you want to control.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    GunnerFCm wrote: »
    Hadn't even thought of that counter. Thanks for the tip! I was thinking they'd be exclusively offense anyway. Seems the kind of team you want to control.

I faced an incredibly powerful DOT team in arena just to show my friend how cool they were. My arena team is FO and I had no idea they were a good counter until I slaughtered the whole team, including the z(z?)Wampa. But it still looked like a fun team, and I wish I had one of my own to put Wampa and Zaalbar and Mission to good use.
  • Phoenixeon
    1842 posts Member
    Options
    Fun, but not meta changing.
    u2m9cz4ucmw3.jpg

Able to beat bastila jedi though.
  • Phoenixeon
    1842 posts Member
    Options
    It looks like fun and I'm investing in that Carth led zZaalbar, Mission, Ordo team, but any opposition with tenacity up should easily dismantle the fun train...i was thinking of t3 just because of his mass dispel...maybe make him fastest then the other DoTs can follow

Ordo applies ten down with his basic if enemy has prot before the attack, not a problem actually.
  • Ikky2win
    870 posts Member
    Options
    Most people use nest as the 5th in tw/ga. A fast nest going first and removing tm gets the ball rolling with this team. Juhani works too but not quite as good.

g35r6pf4jmzy.jpeg
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    For kicks during the Rangetrooper event, since you got to use a max Rangetrooper, I experimented with:

Ig88 lead, Gar Saxon, Range, Shore, and Magma or Snow or Storm. Range buffs the troopers, they counter, Gar assists like crazy (mod him for crit) and stacks an insane amount of Dots.

I know I took some screens where some of the enemies had 16 dots stacked on them. They would take a turn and just die. Was pretty fun.

In TW when we were really low GP I ran a similar team with 88, Gar, Visas, K2, SF since I dont have Range geared. It got 4 wins once and 2-3 other times. Now I would replace K2 and SF with Zaalbar and Mission. I dont think its viable really but was fun to run through GW.

Might be useful as a suprise team in GA. Counter and dots are good to keep the enemy from getting full points, even if they win first try because it pecks away at their protection.
  • Stokat
    829 posts Member
    Options
    Ikky2win wrote: »
    Most people use nest as the 5th in tw/ga. A fast nest going first and removing tm gets the ball rolling with this team. Juhani works too but not quite as good.

g35r6pf4jmzy.jpeg

I use that team (for GA/TW) with nest, but was thinking that maybe Wampa would be a good substitute since he also benefits from dots. Haven’t trued it yet though and Nest might still be the better option.
  • Options
    All these teams are NOT viable without a mass dispeller - AV, B2, DT, Baze, IPD, Logray...

AV, Baze and Logray kinda belong to other teams. iPD and DT have empire synergy for Vader, but overall B2 will be the best choice cause of Zaalbar taunt.

So to avoid foresight team and tenacity up teams that counter hard the Dots, you need one of those, undoubtedly. Otherwise you put all your faith in one aspect, that can be easily countered.

5 dots spreaders do worse than 4 dots spreaders+1 to bring something else.
    TW/GA Counters Bot - https://discord.gg/jZH44Hb | Discord: SidiousIsPikachu#5768
  • Options
    VonZant wrote: »
    For kicks during the Rangetrooper event, since you got to use a max Rangetrooper, I experimented with:

Ig88 lead, Gar Saxon, Range, Shore, and Magma or Snow or Storm. Range buffs the troopers, they counter, Gar assists like crazy (mod him for crit) and stacks an insane amount of Dots.

I know I took some screens where some of the enemies had 16 dots stacked on them. They would take a turn and just die. Was pretty fun.

In TW when we were really low GP I ran a similar team with 88, Gar, Visas, K2, SF since I dont have Range geared. It got 4 wins once and 2-3 other times. Now I would replace K2 and SF with Zaalbar and Mission. I dont think its viable really but was fun to run through GW.

Might be useful as a suprise team in GA. Counter and dots are good to keep the enemy from getting full points, even if they win first try because it pecks away at their protection.

Working on this now
    Troopers are hard to gear up...uh...
    g36f6br1dcsn.jpg
  • Options
    5 dots spreaders do worse than 4 dots spreaders+1 to bring something else.

That makes a lot of sense. Tricky when you get into the weeds of squad building to find one if those supporters who doesn't have a role elsewhere!
  • Options
    Carth gains a lot of damage output from a squad like OPs
  • Options
    k1wyo7eklwz8.jpg
    With Zader stacking DOTs forever and Carth hitting like a truck with high armor penetration I would imagine he'd be killer in raids
  • Options
    I'm so far away from having Carth viable I hadn't even looked at his kit in a non-leader way role. Thanks for the tip!