Jedi Consular - Rework Ideas

AntiFunn
512 posts Member
edited March 2019
clx3kdidr5c6.jpg

Hello to all,

Alongside our Clone Sergeant Rework, posting another one for the first free (currently trash) character we receive in game, Jedi Consular. Jedi Consulars were more proficient in the force rather than their fighting abillities and they fashion a Green Lightsaber as an indication. They are wise and meditate a lot and use the force more proficiently compared to other Jedi. When the Clone Wars began, they were mostly ushered into the war as Jedi Generals and had to balance the peace and war throughout the war. However, they were also mostly killed by their Clone troopers when order 66 was initiated.

Jedi Consular Rework

1) Lightsaber Strike (Basic Abillity) /Omega/

Deal physical damage to target, reduce the cooldown of all abillities by 1 and gain 7.5% turn meter for each other Jedi or Galactic Republic ally.

2) Jedi Healing (Special Abillity) /Omega/ CD:3

Jedi Consular dispells all debuffs from himself and all allies recover health equal to 50% of Jedi Consular's maximum health and gain Defence Up for 2 turns. Jedi Consular gains 35% turn meter and Foresight for 2 turns.

3) Attack as Defence (Special Abillity) /Omega/ CD:3

Deal special damage to target and recover health equal to the damage dealt. Then, remove 50% turn meter if at full health. This attack ignores Defence.

4) Peace within the Force (Unique Abillity) /Omega/ - NEW ABILITY

Jedi Consular has +30% Critical Avoidance and +30% Tenacity. In addition, he gains Stealth for 1 turn and grants 40% turn meter to the ally with the least turn meter whenever he casts a special abillity.

Base Stat Changes:

Base Speed increased by 12.
Base Health increased by 15%
Base Protection increased by 15%

Description: Well-rounded Jedi healer that effectively gains and grants turn meter to allies
Post edited by AntiFunn on

Replies

• Tbirds01
    1235 posts Member
    Options
    Veers unique mentions all imp trooper allies gain a bunch of stuff. That includes himself. It’s all about the wording.
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • Options
    AntiFunn wrote: »
    1) Lightsaber Strike (Basic Abillity) /Omega/
    Deal physical damage to target, reduce the cooldown of all abillities by 1 and gain 10% turn meter for each Jedi ally.
    That turn meter gain is ridiculous. It is really huge. Not to mention that even jolee has a condition on his cooldown reduction. Sure not a difficult one. But one nonetheless. I say this because jedi (and Galactic republic) generally love out of turn attacks. Therefore this is too much for a basic. But I do think I get why you do it this way with his unique ability (which is worded so weirdly I'm just assuming you mean whenever he uses a special ability). I propose this:
    Deal physical damage to target enemy and gain 5% turn meter for each Jedi ally. This attack has a 50% chance to reduce Jedi Consular's Cooldowns by 1. When Jedi Consular uses this ability during his own turn, the turn meter gain and Cooldown reduction chance are doubled.
    This way out of turn attacks aren't too powerful, but when he is forced to use it during his own turn, it will not punish him for it.
    2) Jedi Healing (Special Abillity) /Omega/ CD:3

Jedi Consular dispells all debuffs from himself and all allies recover health equal to 50% of Jedi Consular's maximum health and gain Defence Up for 2 turns. Jedi Consular gains 40% turn meter and Foresight for 2 turns.
    Seeing as his unique grans him stealth and his basic grants him turn meter, the turn meter gain here should be removed. It just ensures he has less time to reduce his cooldowns and be under stealth. You also split the effects for himself up. which is unnecessary. I propose this:
    Jedi Consular dispels all debuffs on himself and gains Foresight for 2 turns. All allies recover Health equal to 50% of Jedi Consular's Max Health and gain Defence Up for 2 turns.
    Simple and Clean. But still powerful and useful.
    3) Attack as Defence (Special Abillity) /Omega/ CD:3

Deal special damage to target and recover health equal to the damage dealt. Then, remove 50% turn meter if at full health. This attack ignores Defence.
    Soooo.... In order to use this turn meter reduction effectively I'm gong to have to mod him for Potency? No, just no. You already have a condition to this turn meter removal so I think you are justified to make the turn meter reduction Unresistable. I propose this:
    Deal special damage to target and recover health equal to the damage dealt. Then, if Jedi Consular has full health, Remove 50% Turn Meter from target enemy, which can't be Resisted. This attack ignores Defence.
    4) Peace within the Force (Unique Abillity) /Omega/ - NEW ABILITY

Jedi Consular has +30% Critical Avoidance and +30% Tenacity. In addition, he gains Stealth for 1 turn and grants 40% turn meter to the ally with the least turn meter whenever he casts an abillity.

I already mentioned this but the wording here is so weird. What do you mean by "casts an ability"? I assume you mean whenever he uses a special ability. In which case it would be better to word it like this:
    Jedi Consular has +30% Tenacity and Critical Avoidance. Whenever he uses a Special Ability, Jedi Consular gains Stealth for 1 turn and grants 40% Turn Meter to the other ally with the least amount of Turn Meter.

Love the overall idea thou. Some of the older characters could definitely use an upgrade.

• Options
    Since Canon says consulars didn't fight... Remove his method man looking behind.