Grand Arena Really screwed up my c3po

Jpolson43
208 posts Member
edited March 2019
I really needed the rewards from that Grand Arena for the c3po event. I was actually smart enough to sign up in time and be available. Because a bunch of others aren't smart enough to figure it out...I get screwed.

Replies

• Options
    It's only delayed a day or two, still done ahead of c3po
  • Options
    It cuts down the number of days and attempts I get. So...yeah...it does matter.
  • kello_511
    1648 posts Member
    Options
    Jpolson43 wrote: »
    I really needed the rewards from that Grand Arena for the c3po event. I was actually smart enough to sign up in time and be available. Because a bunch of others aren't smart enough to figure it out...I get screwed.

It’s not because “others aren’t smart enough to figure it out”...it because “devs can’t get anything right and treat this game like an afterthought”.
    Everything lately gets screwed up. It’s not even funny anymore. It’s one fail after another with obviously no learning being done from past failures.
  • Options
    It has nothing to do with intelligence. They canceled it because not everyone had an equal opportunity to join the last one. If you don’t get C-3PO because of your lack of planning that is entirely your fault. They also rescheduled it so I recommend you spend less time pouting and more time focusing on your ewoks! <3
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited March 2019
    Options
    The new run will still end before the event does.

The run should end on the early on the 13th, the event for c3po ends at the end of the 13th.

Right?
  • Options
    fletchmars wrote: »
    It has nothing to do with intelligence. They canceled it because not everyone had an equal opportunity to join the last one. If you don’t get C-3PO because of your lack of planning that is entirely your fault. They also rescheduled it so I recommend you spend less time pouting and more time focusing on your ewoks! <3

I played the previous GA. And I set an alarm to get up in the 1 hour period for the join. Everyone had the same chance.
  • Thessaodai145
    64 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    "Other people should have lost sleep to sign up for a game mode because I didn't plan ahead to get my ewoks ready in time"
  • Options
    fletchmars wrote: »

I played the previous GA. And I set an alarm to get up in the 1 hour period for the join. Everyone had the same chance.

People have lives you know? Not everyone is free to stop what they’re doing and some people didn’t even have a chance at all to sign up due to the overlap with time zones.
    you are the stupid one, not being ready for c3po when having months to prepare

I had it planned exactly based on the posted calendar. Used some zetas for other things because the schedule stated this is when the event would occur. So....your argument is invalid and ignorant. Go sit at the kids table.

The event only requires 1 zeta. If you were close enough for chirpas zeta for the grand arena to make a difference then you should be able to get enough from challenge/fleet shop to make it up. You also weren’t guaranteed zetas as rewards from this grand arena so you were gambling from the beginning. They said they would be changing the rewards if you really paid that much attention to the forum.

Another point is that grand arena finishes before C-3PO is over. If you were able to set an alarm to sign up for grand arena You can set an alarm when it finishes to get your rewards!

P.S. telling somebody to go sit at the kids table in a mobile game forum is not very mature.
  • Options
    "Other people should have lost sleep to sign up for a game mode because I didn't plan ahead to get my ewoks ready in time"

Close. "I shouldn't be punished for others not paying attention to the calendar."
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    nvm misread
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    I might actually get lucky and CG might do the right thing. Give rewards to the people that signed up.
  • Options
    Hopefully they give EVERYONE rewards considering not everyone got a chance to sign up
  • Options
    they shouldnt give rewards for doing nothing. dont beg it mate
  • Sthenos
    96 posts Member
    Options
    I don't think anyone is begging for a reward. However, I see it as a courtesy, that should be extended from CG and team, to folks who signed up for the GA, at such a short notice.

P.S. Either way, I don't care how they respond.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Close. "I shouldn't be punished for others not paying attention to the calendar."

According to the calendar, we should have had 24 hours to sign up. That was not the case.
  • Options
    Sthenos wrote: »
    I don't think anyone is begging for a reward. However, I see it as a courtesy, that should be extended from CG and team, to folks who signed up for the GA, at such a short notice.

P.S. Either way, I don't care how they respond.

the OP is begging for rewards. Either everyone gets, or no one gets, simply being online at a certain time doesn't warrant rewards over other. But it makes much more sense for no one to get rewards just for a 2 day delay
  • Options
    Just so we all understand, you're upset about GA being postponed because you were counting on some number of zetas since you admitted to spending other zetas on something else prior to the event?

Gotta go with everyone else. Spending a zeta that you very well might need (and I'm not talking about the one you are planning on having) prior to a very difficult event might not have been the wisest choice. Wicket's got a great zeta too - at least based on how my poorly modded ewoks perform in GA.
  • Nicho
    69 posts Member
    Options
    We'll all be mad when the new reward structure doesn't include zeta mats...
  • Options
    Beyond the self-entitlement rampant in your post ("everyone should have to conform to the one hour signup window because it will be best for me!"), you aren't screwed up by the delay in GA, but by your own planning. Why?

1) The calendar did not specify what the rewards for this GA would be. Not every GA event has given zetas, so it was certainly possible this GA would give omegas, or ship omegas, instead of zetas. Thus, counting on zetas from GA was a poor choice.
    2) Even assuming the GA round gives zetas, last place doesn't get them. No matter how good your roster is, it's entirely possible you could run into a murderer's row of opponents and not get a single win. Thus, counting on zetas from GA was a poor choice.
    3) Even assuming you were to receive zetas from GA, you can't assume you're going to finish first. If getting C3PO was dependent on you getting three zetas from GA, you planned poorly, because again, you can't control the level of your competition.
    4) If you needed more zetas than you could (a) purchase from the fleet store during the event and (b) win from GA, then you planned poorly. While there are multiple challenge days that could give zetas (3 during the span of the event itself), it's RNG dependent and therefore you could get 0 from those challenges. Reliance on getting any zetas from those challenges is poor planning.
    5) Assuming you didn't rely on those challenges, you have four days worth of challenges (the three during the event, plus yesterday's challenges) to get the up-to-3 zetas you could've won in GA, thus negating any issue. Note: this would be five days worth of challenges if you didn't do your Sunday fleet challenges until after they announced the issue. Since this is time-zone dependent, I'm calling it out separately.

In sum: making a plan that is dependent on GA giving out zetas AND you earning a certain number from GA is poor planning, compounded significantly if you were counting on any zetas from challenges. If you weren't counting on the challenges, then the impact could be completely mitigated by the challenges. Next time, plan better.
  • Options
    Beyond the self-entitlement rampant in your post ("everyone should have to conform to the one hour signup window because it will be best for me!"), you aren't screwed up by the delay in GA, but by your own planning. Why?

1) The calendar did not specify what the rewards for this GA would be. Not every GA event has given zetas, so it was certainly possible this GA would give omegas, or ship omegas, instead of zetas. Thus, counting on zetas from GA was a poor choice.
    2) Even assuming the GA round gives zetas, last place doesn't get them. No matter how good your roster is, it's entirely possible you could run into a murderer's row of opponents and not get a single win. Thus, counting on zetas from GA was a poor choice.
    3) Even assuming you were to receive zetas from GA, you can't assume you're going to finish first. If getting C3PO was dependent on you getting three zetas from GA, you planned poorly, because again, you can't control the level of your competition.
    4) If you needed more zetas than you could (a) purchase from the fleet store during the event and (b) win from GA, then you planned poorly. While there are multiple challenge days that could give zetas (3 during the span of the event itself), it's RNG dependent and therefore you could get 0 from those challenges. Reliance on getting any zetas from those challenges is poor planning.
    5) Assuming you didn't rely on those challenges, you have four days worth of challenges (the three during the event, plus yesterday's challenges) to get the up-to-3 zetas you could've won in GA, thus negating any issue. Note: this would be five days worth of challenges if you didn't do your Sunday fleet challenges until after they announced the issue. Since this is time-zone dependent, I'm calling it out separately.

In sum: making a plan that is dependent on GA giving out zetas AND you earning a certain number from GA is poor planning, compounded significantly if you were counting on any zetas from challenges. If you weren't counting on the challenges, then the impact could be completely mitigated by the challenges. Next time, plan better.

TLDR

Got through the first couple lines though. Expecting people to do what they said they would do (follow the schedule they posted) is not entitlement. It is what adults expect from other adults.

More importantly...man...don't get all spun out on a 2 day old post. If the content of the post about a GAME provokes you into that manifesto, reevaluate what matters to you. Life is too short for that much anger.
  • Mucro
    105 posts Member
    Options
    Jeez, the amount of self-entitlement and general elitist douchyness of the OP really tickles me in all the wrong places... get a grip, dude!