Even I admit, Revan is no longer a Savior. He has now become a Conquerer.

The devs are desperate. Revan has hit over 80% of the meta, and is going to probably escalate to high levels when he comes out again. As a result, they may not release him again for a very long time. Literally the tops of arenas are filled with revans, and players without him are struggling to keep up.

They did a good job. His kit is probably one of the best designed. I would recommend farming him because he can solo the rancor raid when geared up enough. And he has the ability to destroy anything in his way, but, as i stated, revan is just simply too strong. Pvp areas are becoming stale with this blanched, hooded monster. Could there be hope? Could there be a way to counter this?

Dont be too sad. Grevious was a great hope. He actually does well in some cases. He kinda just didnt make the cut. But their kit was well designed, and i can tell you wanted them to be the meta

Devs, you did a great job, and you have something great planned in your brilliant minds. You guys are far by my most favorite community out of all the games i play. I hope you can pull through with his shadow, Darth Revan.

Now my fingers are tired. ;)
Get good and get a Revan. Ryanwhales

Replies

• Options
    Wut is that
  • Ultra
    11599 posts Moderator
    Options
    Ryanwhales wrote: »
    They did a good job. His kit is probably one of the best designed.
    How is he the best designed? His kit is literally "counter everything that is and was meta" unlike other characters that are true to their character (Greivous kit is a representation of his personality for example). Bastila, Jolee, etc. seep into the kit

Revan is just a badly designed, last minute changes with no real consideration to its impact, lets make the developers work hard on the weekend because beta testers disliked it, so we had to make it super OP character in time to please everyone because we announced the character before finalizing the kit
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    Revan will be trumped in a few weeks if not only a week. His stats are about to see the threshold. He will live long deep down 100s in arenas though even after 2 metas that trumps him.

I doubt CG will stop bringing back Revan, there's simply no reason to.
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    How is he the best designed? His kit is literally "counter everything that is and was meta" unlike other characters that are true to their character (Greivous kit is a representation of his personality for example). Bastila, Jolee, etc. seep into the kit

Revan is just a badly designed, last minute changes with no real consideration to its impact, lets make the developers work hard on the weekend because beta testers disliked it, so we had to make it super OP character in time to please everyone because we announced the character before finalizing the kit

My thoughts exactly. Revan should be a clone... not a Jedi... because CG cloned every best trait from a dozen toons and called it Revan. Just replace the Jedi tag with a clone tag and this whole mess goes away.
  • Options
    Im not gonna hate on the devs. They may have "poorly designed" the kit, but they were as happy as we were when he came out, and they wanted to bring him out quickly.
  • Mr_Sausage
    1869 posts Member
    Options
    I’m still reading his leader ability.
  • Options
    Mr_Sausage wrote: »
    I’m still reading his leader ability.

Cool. Tell me when your done with it. Im gonna be six feet under when your done.
  • Ryanwhales
    862 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Wut is that

This is Sparta my friend.
    Where revan rules instead.
  • CazNeerg
    361 posts Member
    Options
    Revan isn't poorly designed. When a game is supposed to have a rock/paper/scissors design philosophy, and the paper is too tough to cut, it's not the paper that is poorly designed, it's the scissors.

How good of a job they did on Revan just makes it more obvious how poorly they designed CLS and JTR.
  • Options
    How is he the best designed? His kit is literally "counter everything that is and was meta" unlike other characters that are true to their character (Greivous kit is a representation of his personality for example). Bastila, Jolee, etc. seep into the kit [...]
    Have you played kotor and swtor? Revan being op is exactly true to his character. I always thought if Revan and Luke Skywalker got the chance to meet across time and space and fight, Revan would eat him for breakfast - and swgoh only made that thought true! :D

• Options
    CadoaBane wrote: »
    How is he the best designed? His kit is literally "counter everything that is and was meta" unlike other characters that are true to their character (Greivous kit is a representation of his personality for example). Bastila, Jolee, etc. seep into the kit [...]
    Have you played kotor and swtor? Revan being op is exactly true to his character. I always thought if Revan and Luke Skywalker got the chance to meet across time and space and fight, Revan would eat him for breakfast - and swgoh only made that thought true! :D

Oh that would so true! I so wanna play kotor sometime!
  • Options
    CazNeerg wrote: »
    Revan isn't poorly designed. When a game is supposed to have a rock/paper/scissors design philosophy, and the paper is too tough to cut, it's not the paper that is poorly designed, it's the scissors.

How good of a job they did on Revan just makes it more obvious how poorly they designed CLS and JTR.

Haha, good point.