A ship raid

2Next

Replies

• Options
    Hell I'd even take the assault on the first order ship from the last Jedi. Maybe there's an even bigger ship battle in the new film and they're waiting for that to come out before initiating the mode? I would like to think they've got something up their sleeves in regards to a guild event for ships and it'll be here soon.
  • Docx
    94 posts Member
    Options
    I’d be against any raids until they can fix the current state of raids. They are awful, and a horrible chore to deal with.
  • Gair
    616 posts Member
    Options
    Amazing nobody in this thread has mentioned Foundry..
  • Options
    I just came here to post about a ship raid coming. Star forge being g mentioned in the ebon hawk description has me convinced that a ship raid is coming soon where we will unlock revans capital ship.
  • Options
    Instead of a raid - which we don't have ships for - a new Fleet-GW that refreshes once per week instead of once per day.

Once per week on your own schedule could provide a lot of play time and fun with a very hard GW. Once per day with a very hard GW is a recipe for frustration and over-commitment. But an easy Ship-GW doesn't work - it just becomes another boring push-button task to make sure your rewards keep up with the next player.

No, once per week allows you to schedule time with it on your own, not at the mercy of the guild and not as a daily commitment. You get more content when you want it, but you're not overwhelmed on days that happen to have assault battles +GA + (TB or TW) + Raids.

Because it's GW-style, the fact that we don't have that many ships is not an immediate issue. Instead healing is the major issue (so everyone is going to be putting Plo Koon in as a 3rd-4th reinforcement to bring in just before each battle is over, and it will reward people who have upgraded Home One). As we get more ships, however, healing becomes less of an issue as we can rotate more ships through our lineups and the default dynamic and best strategy of the game mode both change.

I'm all for a ship raid eventually, but we don't have the ships we need.

If you have to have raid content for ships, I'd be more for something like 3 phases of squad battles on Scarif with a single phase of the raid focussed on killing the shield using ships.

Give me 1/week Fleet GW & I'll be happier.
  • Options
    Weekly ship GW is better than a raid.

We don't have the ships for a raid, and a difficult Fleet-GW that refreshes 1/week becomes more game content when you want it, while a difficult Fleet-GW daily ends up being a PITA on days that also have Assault Battles + TB + GA + Raids.

A low-difficulty GW also doesn't work, since it becomes a boring exercise in button pushing to make sure your rewards keep up with the next player. No, a weekly Fleet-GW means you can save something for your weekend or whatever days you have extra time & desire to play, with enough difficulty it can be interesting and can change over time both over the course of a single GW (early nodes you want to time to bring in Plo Koon just before the end of the battle while later nodes you want to build more around firepower than healing) but also over the development cycle of the game (as more ships become available and you build them up, healing becomes less important because the right ships - or just new ships to replace slain ships - can be swapped in as needed.

Ship raid is a fun idea, but we're nowhere near ready for it.
  • Options
    Ragnorak wrote: »
    Ship raid followed by the inevitable ship nerfs

Though the nerf will be good enough to beat possible gk ship sqauds
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    yankeeh8er wrote: »
    I just came here to post about a ship raid coming. Star forge being g mentioned in the ebon hawk description has me convinced that a ship raid is coming soon where we will unlock revans capital ship.

Just what game needs an OP ship with a toon everyone in the world will have zzzG12 diversity.....

Need to stop this garbage of releasing ships that the whole game has at g12 THAT is when it all started to fall apart
  • Darth_DeVito
    1233 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    A ship raid would not be as good as people wish. Currently, there aren't mods on ships. which are a large proponent of current raids. Because mods can make characters more suited for things they weren't designed for. like a fast tank, or big damage with criticals. meaning you couldn't really solo a ship raid or do a ton of damage unless it was dead easy. which causes more issues

I never understood the desire to solo raids anyway. I mean, it's a raid.
  • Options
    We need a Skywalker X-wing if we're gonna have a death star raid. Atleast have it in the game mode and bring it to us sooner than later

With two pilots, one of them being R2.