Cadence of releases, events, drops/rewards/purchases

Is it just me, or has there been a marked decline in the rate of releasing new characters, new events and the ability to buy new stuff?

I get that CG wanted to avoid innundating the player base with new characters, but it seems like the cadence has declined substantially in the last few months, as compared to the last two years.

Also, there are not many new events either, other than Galactic Bounties and Cargo missions. There hasn't been a new raid in over a year; there has not been a new TB; and there are no individual PvE events released in some time (e.g., Endor escalation type events). And certainly nothing new in the PvE world that addresses the power creep we have seen in the game (no late gamer likely has any issues with any of the PvE events).

Finally, I also feel like there haven't been many opportunities for double drops, to buy gear or packs in the store (other than character shards).

I would think that if they don't add new, more difficult game nodes, it will become quite boring for later-stage players. As it is, the daily tasks are sort of a drag, because they take time, but are all way too easy and require no thought.

They should think about having a whole new set of events for players at 85 with a GP over a certain amount. Even if it were the same exact events, at just a much higher level (preferably one that required some thought and didn't result in auto wins), I would be happy.

I like Grand Arena and TW quite a bit. I just feel like it takes so long to go from set-up to play that it is quite frustrating. In some ways, I think really hard PvE events would be much more fun, EVEN IF the rewards continued to be sub-par.

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    GA is new, we have barely broken into the general cadence that will follow.

Maybe they are reacting to the outcry of the previous year that the release rate was too high.

We have also seen the Galactic chase being tested, which may be another release type.

All in all, I would think many players are happy to have a little break and breathing room to get things in order and prep for "the next big thing".

Also generally speaking this time of year brings about some QOL update, that tends to touch on alot of different areas of the game, I can imagine this is alot of background work for the whole team and they may want to not be spread too thin.
  • Options
    I'm fine without any new releases. Characters I got, more than I can gear.
  • Options
    We just had our last new character 12 days ago, lol.
  • Options
    The "lull" is nice, I'm catching up on a bunch of farms as well as finishing the new OR Characters. I think the "anxiety" factor is driven by the stale nature of both arenas. Revan and HMF penetrations are so high right now it exaggerates the "boring factor". We all think we know what is coming next but the sound of silence is deafening.
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options
    We just had our last new character 12 days ago, lol.

I was just going to say, it's only been two weeks since the last character AND rework. It hasn't really been long at all.
  • Options
    I'm glad the releases have slowed a bit. Given me some time to breath and stock up on gear. Game is in a good spot if darth revan drops in a week or so.
  • Options
    I agree that it feels slower than say, the end of 2018, which is fine by me. Grand Arena still feels new, but I really wish there would be some new, challenging PvE stuff.
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Options
    Yes slow is good lol....I could use a 6 month stretch of no new content
  • Options
    I would personally prefer to see a whole bunch of updates and reworks for existing characters, many of which are just languishing at the bottom of everyone’s rosters, rather than a couple dozen new toon this year...it would go a long ways to reinvigorating everything from arenas to raid to TW...

Remember when we were very low level and trying to get ahead and you would get sandpeople to battle and for days they would destroy you because you didn’t have enough speed or health? Ahhh, the good ol’ days!

Seriously though, rather would have a bunch of good reworks than a dozen new toons that I can’t do anything with b/c I’m still trying to level and gr all the ones that came before...
  • Armandz
    36 posts Member
    Options
    Ship raid would be nice. A separatist capital ship is needed. A new ground raid would be a great way to earn Malak shards. Definitely need a new territory battle format or map. What about devs thinking outside the box? Example, introduce beasts or AT-ST, large units that take up the space of 2 characters. Only 3 tuskens? No problem, add a Bantha that has a health and protection total of 2 characters. Give folks the option of using 4 or 5 units in PvP.

Live PvP action, why not ? Hasn't that been everyone's dream for this game since it was released? There are several other mobile games with live PvP action out there, it's not impossible.

I've been a player since the game was launched and still happily run 2 accounts and have a good time chatting up with guild mates but I agree with this initial post
    .. spice the game up a bit. Panic farming and seeing who has the best MODS while using the same **** meta teams just gets a little old... some things need to change, going down the same path of repetitive grinds could lose a ton of player base. At least the veterans , I've seen far too many vets quit already and it's pretty sad.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    GA is new, we have barely broken into the general cadence that will follow.

Thats fine Kyno for about 50% or so of people who like GA who benefit greatly from it.

For those who hate it and do not benefit from it and will just about NEVER see 1-4 its been quite a long lull since something fun has come out

Agree with everything else you said tho
  • Hanfirst
    149 posts Member
    Options
    Lol i like no matter what CG is apparently screwing up. Not enough new characters, too many, we want new events, dont like the new events.

I have a lot of the new toons to catch up on so no issues for stars with the current pace and tons to gear.
    I expect we'll see some new toons over the next quarter.