Had a cool droid team idea...

Tbirds01
1235 posts Member
GG lead, T3, l3, ig88, and IPD. GG T3 88 and IPD spread target lock. L3 and T3 are there for the heals, and T3 also gives ig88 and GG huge damage boost. IPD zeta is basically buff immunity. 88 zeta is heal immunity. Everyone gains turn meter under GG lead with TL. When a dark side droid gets resisted, so IPD and 88, they gain stacking potency for the rest of the battle. GG unique can speed up IPD self destruct. There’s so much more to it.
So what do y’all think? Could it work? Especially without bb8, would it work?
Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/

Replies

• Droideka
    615 posts Member
    Options
    Doubtful. Debuff heavy teams usually get beat by the sheer number of cleansed or tenacity up most meta teams can get. Although their potency will be rapidly increasing throughout the battle, most droids are very squishy and will be dead long before they can start sticking target lock.
  • Options
    I have all of them but GG zeta'd and G12 and tried that combination. It failed. There was a little bit of promise against Revan in that they were able to kill an enemy toon. Unfortunately, savior and Jolee undid any positive momentum they had and they were efficiently dismantled. Since L3 is the only taunter, his version of savior doesn't really help him any. Even with the benefits of that save, the rest of them are too flimsy to last long after being marked. Also, there is no TM synergy so their attacks are disjointed at best.

I don't think GG's zetas would help all that much since he's the only one that would benefit from the TM gain and, like Storm Trooper's zeta, if you're relying on that zeta to win then you're already in trouble. It's almost like they intentionally tried to mess with any possible synergy among the droids. For example, L3's "save" kicks in at 1%, which means that the toon isn't actually defeated so GG's unique zeta wouldn't activate.

Now if they come along and give HK a unique zeta that allows him to rez multiple times then there might be a silver lining. But for now, Revan is too overpowered and is making the game boring.