Old Rebublic Tag

I've noticed that their are several Old Republic "era" characters that dont have the tag. Visas Marr, Nihilus, Scion, Traya, Sith Trooper, Maruader and Assassin as well as HK-47. Now I'm not 1000% on all of these but Visas Marr for example and her connection to Revan even referenced in her story from
her marquee event. So theres definitely a few. Why don't they have the tag?
That would make Visas Marr way more useful and viable in an Old Rebublic faction.
Even the sith Triumvirate..it doesnt make sense for them NOT to have the tag..or am I wrong?

Replies

• Options
    This was brought up fairly recently and although I have little knowledge on this era I believe the explanation was that the tag refers to a faction rather than the era itself
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    This was brought up fairly recently and although I have little knowledge on this era I believe the explanation was that the tag refers to a faction rather than the era itself

This.

The tag is not the era, but the Old Republic as an organization.

Some have pointed out inconsistencies here, but that is the general statement we have from the dev team on that tag.
  • Bouu
    109 posts Member
    Options
    They discussed possibly added hk and visas but the rest weren’t members of the “old republic”. They just existed in the same time. It would be like adding GG to the galactic republic tag
  • RandomSithLord
    2325 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Here we go again.

In the current version of the game, Old Republic means the organisation (see Galactic republic), not the time period.

About the Visas part, look at her from another point of view. Not how the OR tag would help her, but how it would improve Revan ever further. Basically another one of the few remaining counters would disappear, as Visas would make JKR even more effective against Sith.
  • Options
    Here we go again.

In the current version of the game, Old Republic means the organisation (see Galactic republic), not the time period.

About the Visas part, look at her from another point of view. Not how the OR tag would help her, but how it would improve Revan ever further. Basically another one of the few remaining counters would disappear, as Visas would make JKR even more effective against Sith.

You can't effectively replace anyone in the JKR meta team with Visas, even when giving her the OR tag. Giving her OR would make her more effective with non-Revan OR teams, she'd be fantastic with a Carth (L), zMission, zZaalbar, Canderous team with all those assists and providing a much needed cleanse when without Revan.

Visas is a very eh character now, but she can't exactly shine anywhere. Like she's good, she glimmers, but she isn't great, she doesn't shine. Having neither the OR or Jedi tag is incredibly detrimental to her. Even if she isn't a jedi, she should have OR, just as Meetra Surik (the Exile), Atton, Bao-Dur, and etc would too.
  • Options

Visas is a very eh character now, but she can't exactly shine anywhere. Like she's good, she glimmers, but she isn't great, she doesn't shine. Having neither the OR or Jedi tag is incredibly detrimental to her. Even if she isn't a jedi, she should have OR, just as Meetra Surik (the Exile), Atton, Bao-Dur, and etc would too.

Unless they change the intended use of the OR tag, none of those toons would have it. Revan was the Supreme commander of the Old Republic, hence he has the tag. His companions do to, as during the KotOR game he is still fighting for the Republic. KotOR 2 version Meetra (and that's the version we would be getting, if any) and her companions are not OR.

As others have said it above, OR does not mean the era. Asking for an OR tag on Traya is like asking for Galactic Republic tag on Grievous. It refers to the organisation.

• Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    In this game, the Old Republic tag is reserved for those who are either part of the Old Republic (Such as Revan in KOTOR) or serve those who follow/are part of the Old Republic (Such as all of his companions in KOTOR).

Characters that were neither in the Old Republic, nor followed Revan, do not have the tag and will not get it such as Visas, Traya, Sion, Nihilus, Sith Assassin, Sith Marauder, and Sith Trooper.

And they shouldn't get it either.

Now HK... He'll have it soon enough, just watch.
  • Options

Unless they change the intended use of the OR tag, none of those toons would have it. Revan was the Supreme commander of the Old Republic, hence he has the tag. His companions do to, as during the KotOR game he is still fighting for the Republic. KotOR 2 version Meetra (and that's the version we would be getting, if any) and her companions are not OR.

As others have said it above, OR does not mean the era. Asking for an OR tag on Traya is like asking for Galactic Republic tag on Grievous. It refers to the organisation.

Except that's incorrect, because the KotOR 2 characters were part of the Republic and fought for it (canonically). Especially G0-T0 and the Disciple. So yes, they absolutely should have the tag.

I understand it doesn't mean the era, which is why I didn't suggest the rest of the characters.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options

Except that's incorrect, because the KotOR 2 characters were part of the Republic and fought for it (canonically). Especially G0-T0 and the Disciple. So yes, they absolutely should have the tag.

I understand it doesn't mean the era, which is why I didn't suggest the rest of the characters.

EDIT: the part about KOTOR 2 is pure speculation on their part.

But of the characters you did suggest, none of them were associated with the old republic at the time the versions of them we have are from.

(other than HK, he'll get the tag soon).
  • Options
    Woodroward wrote: »

EDIT: the part about KOTOR 2 is pure speculation on their part.

But of the characters you did suggest, none of them were associated with the old republic at the time the versions of them we have are from.

(other than HK, he'll get the tag soon).

The characters I suggested, we don't have versions of them at all, so I'm not entirely sure what you're talking about. Atton, Bao-Dur, Disciple, G0-T0, etc.... the only KotOR 2 party character (Traya wasn't playable, only as Kreia) we have is Visas, who, with her Light Side affiliation and "Returned to the Light" ability, marks that she is part of The Exile's party at this time and therefore is fighting for the Republic.

So again, the members of The Exile's party would all hypothetically get the OR tag because they are all part of the faction the very same way Revan and his party were. HK is definitely getting it soon, it is but a matter of time.