Finn or amilyn for jedi Rey led team

I've been running a resistance team composed of jedi Rey lead, bb8, r2, stick rey and finn. However after looking over amilyn and her abilities I'm at a loss for which tank is better suited for my team. Amilyn has taunt and ally healing whereas finn is the only gear 12 7 star toon of the 2 used primarily as pilot of millennium falcon.

Replies

• Stokat
    829 posts Member
    Options
    Not resistance trooper? I would say he is pretty invaluable in a res squad.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    She also spreads foresight and has an AOE daze.
    Holdo is pretty Boss with JTR. If you are using for arena put her in for last fight for sure.

But I used her for JTR arena for a long time. Current meta crushes it though.
  • Options
    Finn isn't much of a tank if Poe isn't also on the team, he won't taunt without Poe. He is a wasted position if he isn't leading, IMO. Amilyn is a better choice with JTR lead.

Then you can also build another Resistance team with Finn, Poe, Trooper, Pilot for TW and GA.
  • Options
    The problem is that amilyn is so squisy so u have to gear her a lot or she will be killed in the first roun
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options
    Finn seems more suited for the leader slot than as a tank on a JTR team. And Holdo is a much stronger character than she's generally given credit for. Spreads foresight, has AOE daze, and can take a massive beating.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• HK666
    1263 posts Member
    Options
    Keep in mind Finn has a rework dropping soon.

I'd decide based off whether you want holdo's aoe daze. If not, then keep finn.

CLS teams have guard, Revan teams cleanse, and Traya teams cleanse, so I'd prolly go with finn
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    I run Rey, Trooper, BB-8, R2, and Holdo, personally. Trooper's better than Scavenger Rey (in my estimation) because he can spam his special without cooldown and does a bunch of damage all the time whether debuffed or not.

I like Holdo a lot. Her basic will spread foresight, which keeps her taunting and soaks AoE damage. Her own AoE will daze pretty reliably if you bring her potency up and spreads expose via crits very effectively. Her heal is honestly a bit situational--healing in general is pretty hit or miss with this game. But the fact that it cleanses debuffs can't be overstated, so while you may not use it all the time, it's a potentially clutch tool to have in your arsenal. Additionally, she has a boatload of health and protection and her taunt is passive so you don't have to worry about using an action to activate it and then having it cleansed--she'll just taunt again in a minute.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.