So what's 3PO's usage in the game (raids in particular)

Hopefully I'm gonna get my 3PO to 7 stars tonight and I'm really curious as to how people use him. His kit is totally ridiculous but also confusing at the same. Since he can't hold well on defense I know he isn't going to be my arena main anytime soon but any decent PvP squads with him can be mentioned.

So if you can, list how you use 3PO in:

PvP squads
Haat and HSTR
TW
Ect.

Replies

• SmurfLAX28
    288 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    He basically works like Hermit Yoda but adds A LOT more dps to the squad instead of defensively with his heals.

With Finn being reworked you wont be able to exploit everything as easy but sticking him on any Han/Chewy team will be able to kill pretty much any toon within the first couple moves.
  • Options
    SmurfLAX28 wrote: »
    He basically works like Hermit Yoda but adds A LOT more dps to the squad instead of defensively with his heals.

With Finn being reworked you wont be able to exploit everything as easy but sticking him on any Han/Chewy team will be able to kill pretty much any toon within the first couple moves.

What about raids?
  • SmurfLAX28
    288 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    SmurfLAX28 wrote: »

What about raids?

DPS via stat boots, mass assists and exposes, it still is potency/tenacity dependant but if you stick him on a JTR squad you will easily score much more because all the extra exposes from those assists and crits

There obviously will be exploits like the CLS/paper 3PO to easily churn through bosses but he useful in enough areas where the devs won't bother fixing that because it's a pretty big opportunity cost to solo P3
  • Barik_Edo
    200 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    He allows you to solo HAAT and pull 20%+ in P1 HSTR

P3 cheese is getting fixed, but apparently can still do 20% after the Finn fix
  • Options
    Barik_Edo wrote: »

What squad solos haat after Finn nerf?
  • Options
    Barik_Edo wrote: »

What squad solos haat after Finn nerf?

So easy to find this instead of playing 20 questions. But here let me feed you, RJT, 3p0, bb8, r2, RT.
  • Barik_Edo
    200 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Replace R2 with Finn after the rework and it should go pretty fast.

6du7n9.png
  • Blackbeardpepe
    1481 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    If you're at work when tank happens...

For most people, you can use cls in phase 1.

Then Jtr + c-3p0 team phase 2-4.

You won't solo it, but I'm at work 99% of the time, so I'm doing it in the corner of my eye.

This will probably be what the majority of people will do.
  • AleSahnDroh_1979
    950 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    I use for:
    1) Full HAAT solo (zFinn, 3PO, CLS, Han, BB-8)... until they nerf Finn
    2) Full P3 Heroic Sith Raid solo (zFinn, 3PO, Han, Chuwe, Princess Leia)... until they nerf Finn
    3) my previous Arena team (now triple z Revan & co): zzCLS, zHan, zChuwe, zC-3PO, zzR2).
    4) The team of point 3 is still great in TB (6/6 easily), TW and GA. If well modded, it can defeat 90-95% of Traya teams, 100% of mirror teams (human vs AI is better), and some non maxed/crazily fast Revan teams.
    5) In 3vs3 GA I always use zHan, zChuwe and z3PO (yes, without any leader ability, yes...) to do a safe victory.
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQTsMudalMM

Has anyone messed around with this team? Finn leader, 3po, chewie, raid han and princess leia.
  • deathstix757
    83 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    So I didn't want to start a new thread, is it safe to level c3p0 up to g12 or c3paper0 still preferred. I do plan to use him I'm p3 of sith. In tw I plan on using him with cls, raid han, chewy, and enfys nest.
  • Options
    Paper c3p0 was just a theory. I don't think anyone actually did it.
  • Options
    I’ll just leave this here...

https://youtu.be/aptc7itbJxg
  • Options
    Pile wrote: »
    I use for:
    1) Full HAAT solo (zFinn, 3PO, CLS, Han, BB-8)... until they nerf Finn
    2) Full P3 Heroic Sith Raid solo (zFinn, 3PO, Han, Chuwe, Princess Leia)... until they nerf Finn
    3) my previous Arena team (now triple z Revan & co): zzCLS, zHan, zChuwe, zC-3PO, zzR2).
    4) The team of point 3 is still great in TB (6/6 easily), TW and GA. If well modded, it can defeat 90-95% of Traya teams, 100% of mirror teams (human vs AI is better), and some non maxed/crazily fast Revan teams.
    5) In 3vs3 GA I always use zHan, zChuwe and z3PO (yes, without any leader ability, yes...) to do a safe victory.

Any other zetas required for the HAAT and HSTR P3 solos?

Han's and C-3PO's OMG.
  • Options
    With Cooldown reduction from 3 stacks of Translation, C-3PO does great in teams that rely on Special abilities.
    Wish Hermit Yoda had Rebels or Galactic Republic tag, then I would have pair him with C-3PO and enjoy continuous mass assists.